- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 263602, 5 pages
A Comparison of Calcium Hydroxyapatite and Dextranomer/Hyaluronic Acid for the Endoscopic Treatment of Vesicoureteral Reflux
1Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, S-287, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
2Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Received 1 July 2013; Revised 9 September 2013; Accepted 10 September 2013
Academic Editor: Hiep T. Nguyen
Copyright © 2013 Tin C. Ngo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Puri and C. Granata, “Multicenter survey of endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux using polytetrafluoroethylene,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 160, no. 3, pp. 1007–1011, 1998.
- T. S. Lendvay, M. Sorensen, C. A. Cowan, B. D. Joyner, M. M. Mitchell, and R. W. Grady, “The evolution of vesicoureteral reflux management in the era of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer: a pediatric health information system database study,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 176, no. 4, pp. 1864–1867, 2006.
- A. A. Malizia Jr., H. M. Reiman, R. P. Myers, et al., “Migration and granulomatous reaction after periurethral injection of polytef (Teflon),” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 251, no. 24, pp. 3277–3281, 1984.
- H. W. Denissen and K. D. Groot, “Immediate dental root implants from synthetic dense calcium hydroxylapatite,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 551–556, 1979.
- R. A. Mevorach, W. C. Hulbert, R. Rabinowitz et al., “Results of a 2-year multicenter trial of endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux with synthetic calcium hydroxyapatite,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 288–291, 2006.
- B. O'Donnell and P. Puri, “Treatment of vesicoureteric reflux by endoscopic injection of Teflon. 1984,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 1808–1810, 2002.
- A. J. Kirsch, M. Perez-Brayfield, E. A. Smith, and H. C. Scherz, “The modified sting procedure to correct vesicoureteral reflux: improved results with submucosal implantation within the intramural ureter,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 171, no. 6, pp. 2413–2416, 2004.
- T. Merrot, I. Ouedraogo, G. Hery, and P. Alessandrini, “Preliminary results of endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteric reflux in children. Prospective comparative study of Deflux vs. Coaptite,” Progres en Urologie, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1114–1119, 2005.
- M. Alkan, A. O. Ciftci, M. E. Senocak, F. C. Tanyel, and N. Buyukpamukcu, “Endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux in children: our experience and analysis of factors affecting success rate,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 2008.
- B. Eryildirim, F. Tarhan, U. Kuyumcuoǧlu, E. Erbay, and G. Faydaci, “Endoscopic subureteral injection treatment with calcium hydroxylapatite in primary vesicoureteral reflux,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 417–420, 2007.
- M. J. Mora Durbán, F. J. Navarro Sebastián, M. B. Muñoz Delgado, J. I. García González, and P. D. Paniagua Andrés, “Endoscopic treatment of the vesicoureteral reflux in children: preliminary experience with the subureteral injection of Coaptite,” Archivos Españoles de Urología, vol. 59, pp. 493–499, 2006.
- A. J. Kirsch, M. R. Perez-Brayfield, and H. C. Scherz, “Minimally invasive treatment of vesicoureteral reflux with endoscopic injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer: the Children's Hospitals of Atlanta experience,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 211–215, 2003.
- G. Läckgren, N. Wåhlin, E. Sköldenberg, and A. Stenberg, “Long-term followup of children treated with dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer for vesicoureteral reflux,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 166, no. 5, pp. 1887–1892, 2001.
- E. K. Lee, J. M. Gatti, R. T. DeMarco, and J. P. Murphy, “Long-term followup of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid injection for vesicoureteral reflux: late failure warrants continued followup,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 4, pp. 1869–1875, 2009.
- J. Oswald, M. Riccabona, L. Lusuardi, G. Bartsch, and C. Radmayr, “Prospective comparison and 1-year follow-up of a single endoscopic subureteral polydimethylsiloxane versus dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer injection for treatment of vesicoureteral reflux in children,” Urology, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 894–897, 2002.
- D. R. Vandersteen, J. C. Routh, A. J. Kirsch et al., “Postoperative ureteral obstruction after subureteral injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 176, no. 4, pp. 1593–1595, 2006.
- A. Zaccara, M. Castagnetti, F. Beniamin, and W. Rigamonti, “Late onset ureteric obstruction after endoscopic subureteric injection of calcium hydroxyapatite for primary vesicoureteric reflux,” Urology, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 811.e1–811.e3, 2007.
- P. C. Rubenwolf, A. K. Ebert, P. Ruemmele, and W. H. Rösch, “Delayed-onset ureteral obstruction after endoscopic dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer (Deflux) injection for treatment of vesicoureteral reflux in children: a case series,” Urology, vol. 81, pp. 659–662, 2013.