- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 348438, 6 pages
Clinical Significance of Amyloid Precursor Protein in Patients with Testicular Germ Cell Tumor
1Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
2Department of Urology, National Center of Global Health and Medicine, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
3Department of Urology, Nihon University, School of Medicine, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo, Japan
4Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
5Department of Anti-Aging Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
6Division of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Hidaka-shi, Saitama, Japan
Received 13 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editor: Maxwell V. Meng
Copyright © 2013 Yuta Yamada et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Albers, W. Albrecht, F. Algaba et al., “EAU guidelines on testicular cancer: 2011 update,” European Urology, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 304–319, 2011.
- D. J. Selkoe, “Alzheimer's disease: genes, proteins, and therapy,” Physiological Reviews, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 741–766, 2001.
- D. Schubert, L.-W. Jin, T. Saitoh, and G. Cole, “The regulation of amyloid β protein precursor secretion and its modulatory role in cell adhesion,” Neuron, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 689–694, 1989.
- Y. Gao and S. W. Pimplikar, “The γ-secretase-cleaved C-terminal fragment of amyloid precursor protein mediates signaling to the nucleus,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 98, no. 26, pp. 14979–14984, 2001.
- C. Siemes, T. Quast, E. Klein, T. Bieber, N. M. Hooper, and V. Herzog, “Normalized proliferation of normal and psoriatic keratinocytes by supperssion of sAPPα-release,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 556–563, 2004.
- A. Schmitz, R. Tikkanen, G. Kirfel, and V. Herzog, “The biological role of the Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein in epithelial cells,” Histochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 171–180, 2002.
- T. Saitoh, M. Sundsmo, J. M. Roch et al., “Secreted form of amyloid β protein precursor is involved in the growth regulation of fibroblasts,” Cell, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 615–622, 1989.
- C. E. Tang, Y. J. Guan, B. Yi et al., “Identification of the amyloid β-protein precursor and cystatin C as novel epidermal growth factor receptor regulated secretory proteins in nasopharyngeal carcinoma by proteomics,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 6101–6111, 2010.
- S. Y. Ko, S. C. Lin, K. W. Chang et al., “Increased expression of amyloid precursor protein in oral squamous cell carcinoma,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 111, no. 5, pp. 727–732, 2004.
- C. U. Pietrzik, J. Hoffmann, K. Stöber et al., “From differentiation to proliferation: the secretory amyloid precursor protein as a local mediator of growth in thyroid epithelial cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 95, no. 4, pp. 1770–1775, 1998.
- K. Krause, S. Karger, S. Y. Sheu et al., “Evidence for a role of the amyloid precursor protein in thyroid carcinogenesis,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 291–299, 2008.
- J. Y. Meng, H. Kataoka, H. Itoh, and M. Koono, “Amyloid β protein precursor is involved in the growth of human colon carcinoma cell in vitro and in vivo,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 31–39, 2001.
- V. Venkataramani, C. Rossner, L. Iffland et al., “Histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid inhibits cancer cell proliferation via down-regulation of the alzheimer amyloid precursor protein,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 285, no. 14, pp. 10678–10689, 2010.
- K. Takayama, S. Tsutsumi, T. Suzuki et al., “Amyloid precursor protein is a primary androgen target gene that promotes prostate cancer growth,” Cancer Research, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 137–142, 2009.
- G. M. Mead, “International germ cell consensus classification: a prognostic factor- based staging system for metastatic germ cell cancers,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 594–603, 1997.
- T. Fujimura, S. Takahashi, T. Urano et al., “Estrogen receptor-binding fragment-associated gene 9 expression and its clinical significance in human testicular cancer,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 329–332, 2009.
- D. C. Gilbert, I. Chandler, B. Summersgill et al., “Genomic gain and over expression of CCL2 correlate with vascular invasion in stage I non-seminomatous testicular germ-cell tumours,” International Journal of Andrology, vol. 34, pp. 114–121, 2011.
- K. Horie-Inoue, K. Takayama, H. U. Bono, Y. Ouchi, Y. Okazaki, and S. Inoue, “Identification of novel steroid target genes through the combination of bioinformatics and functional analysis of hormone response elements,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 339, no. 1, pp. 99–106, 2006.
- E. A. Milward, R. Papadopoulos, S. J. Fuller et al., “The amyloid protein precursor of Alzheimer's disease is a mediator of the effects of nerve growth factor on neurite outgrowth,” Neuron, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 129–137, 1992.
- W. Q. Qiu, A. Ferreira, C. Miller, E. H. Koo, and D. J. Selkoe, “Cell-surface β-amyloid precursor protein stimulates neurite outgrowth of hippocampal neurons in an isoform-dependent manner,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 2157–2167, 1995.
- H. Zheng and E. H. Koo, “The amyloid precursor protein: beyond amyloid,” Molecular Neurodegeneration, vol. 1, no. 1, article 5, 2006.
- A. Ho and T. C. Südhof, “Binding of F-spondin to amyloid-β precursor protein: a candidate amyloid-β precursor protein ligand that modulates amyloid-β precursor protein cleavage,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 8, pp. 2548–2553, 2004.
- S. L. Sabo, A. F. Ikin, J. D. Buxbaum, and P. Greengard, “The Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein (APP) and FE65, an APP-binding protein, regulate cell movement,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 153, no. 7, pp. 1403–1414, 2001.
- E. Bertrand, E. Brouillet, I. Caillé et al., “A short cytoplasmic domain of the amyloid precursor protein induces apoptosis in vitro and in vivo,” Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 503–511, 2001.
- T. Ozaki, Y. Li, H. Kikuchi, T. Tomita, T. Iwatsubo, and A. Nakagawara, “The intracellular domain of the amyloid precursor protein (AICD) enhances the p53-mediated apoptosis,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 351, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 2006.
- V. Venkataramani, K. Thiele, C. L. Behnes, et al., “Amyloid precursor protein is a biomarker for transformed human pluripotent stem cells,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 180, pp. 1636–1652, 2012.
- J. W. Moul, W. F. McCarthy, E. B. Fernandez, and I. A. Sesterhenn, “Percentage of embryonal carcinoma and of vascular invasion predicts pathological stage in clinical stage I nonseminomatous testicular cancer,” Cancer Research, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 362–364, 1994.
- L. Amigoni, M. Ceriani, F. Belotti, G. Minopoli, and E. Martegani, “Activation of amyloid precursor protein processing by growth factors is dependent on Ras GTPase activity,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 392–398, 2011.
- C. L. Arteaga, “Overview of epidermal growth factor receptor biology and its role as a therapeutic target in human neoplasia,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 3–9, 2002.
- M. Moroni, S. Veronese, R. Schiavo et al., “Epidermal growth factor receptor expression and activation in nonseminomatous germ cell tumors,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 2770–2775, 2001.
- L. Mándoky, L. Géczi, I. Bodrogi et al., “Clinical relevance of HER-2/neu expression in germ-cell testicular tumors,” Anticancer Research, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 2219–2224, 2004.