- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 370969, 4 pages
Influence of Preoperative Pain Duration on Microsurgical Varicocelectomy Outcomes
1Department of Urology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Urology, 19 Mayıs University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
3Department of Urology, Mugla University School of Medicine, Mugla, Turkey
4Department of Urology, Ankara Mevki Military Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Received 12 June 2013; Revised 31 August 2013; Accepted 8 October 2013
Academic Editor: Miroslav L. Djordjevic
Copyright © 2013 Mustafa Gökhan Köse et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. I. Gorelick and M. Goldstein, “Loss of fertility in men with varicocele,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 613–616, 1993.
- S. Karazincir, A. Balci, S. Görür, H. Sumbas, and A. N. Kiper, “Incidence of the retroaortic left renal vein in patients with varicocele,” Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 601–604, 2007.
- M. Karcaaltincaba, “Demonstration of normal and dilated testicular veins by multidetector computed tomography,” Japanese Journal of Radiology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 161–165, 2011.
- A. Shafik, A. Moftah, S. Olfat, M. Mohi-el-Din, and A. El-Sayed, “Testicular veins: anatomy and role in varicocelogenesis and other pathologic conditions,” Urology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 175–182, 1990.
- M. M. Wishahi, “Anatomy of the spermatic venous plexus (pampiniform plexus) in men with and without varicocele: intraoperative venographic study,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. 1285–1289, 1992.
- J. L. Marmar and Y. Kim, “Subinguinal microsurgical varicocelectomy: a technical critique and statistical analysis of semen and pregnancy data,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 152, no. 4, pp. 1127–1132, 1994.
- A. C. Peterson, R. S. Lance, and H. E. Ruiz, “Outcomes of varicocele ligation done for pain,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 159, no. 5, pp. 1565–1567, 1998.
- T. A. Abdel-Meguid, A. Al-Sayyad, A. Tayib, and H. M. Farsi, “Does varicocele repair improve male infertility? An evidence-based perspective from a randomized, controlled trial,” European Urology, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 455–461, 2011.
- T. A. Abdel-Meguid, “Predictors of sperm recovery and azoospermia relapse in men with nonobstructive azoospermia after varicocele repair,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 187, no. 1, pp. 222–226, 2012.
- A. Shridharani, G. Lockwood, and J. Sandlow, “Varicocelectomy in the treatment of testicular pain: a review,” Current Opinion in Urology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 499–506, 2012.
- Ö. Yaman, E. Özdiler, K. Anafarta, and O. Gögüş, “Effect of microsurgical subinguinal varicocele ligation to treat pain,” Urology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 107–108, 2000.
- H. T. Kim, P. H. Song, and K. H. Moon, “Microsurgical ligation for painful varicocele: effectiveness and predictors of pain resolution,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 145–150, 2012.
- S. S. Chen, “Factors predicting symptomatic relief by varicocelectomy in patients with normospermia and painful varicocele nonresponsive to conservative treatment,” Urology, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 585–589, 2012.
- S. Z. Al-Buheissi, H. R. Patel, H. D. Wazait, R. A. Miller, and S. Nathan, “Predictors of success in surgical ligation of painful varicocele,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 33–36, 2007.
- K. Karademir, T. Şenkul, K. Baykal, F. Ateş, C. Işeri, and D. Erden, “Evaluation of the role of varicocelectomy including external spermatic vein ligation in patients with scrotal pain,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 484–488, 2005.
- A. Armagan, O. Ergun, E. Bas, T. Oksay, and A. Kosar, “Long-term effects of microsurgical varicocelectomy on pain and sperm parameters in clinical varicocele patients with scrotal pain complaints,” Andrologia, supplement 1, pp. 611–614, 2012.
- B. Altunoluk, H. Soylemez, E. Efe, and O. Malkoc, “Duration of preoperative scrotal pain may predict the success of microsurgical varicocelectomy,” International Brazilian Journal of Urology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 55–59, 2010.
- H. J. Park, S. S. Lee, and N. C. Park, “Predictors of pain resolution after varicocelectomy for painful varicocele,” Asian Journal of Andrology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 754–758, 2011.
- Y. W. Park and J. H. Lee, “Preoperative predictors of varicocelectomy success in the treatment of testicular pain,” The Journal of Men's Health, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 58–63, 2013.