- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 584678, 8 pages
The Effects of Chlormadinone Acetate on Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Erectile Functions of Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Prospective Multicenter Clinical Study
1Department of Urology, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo-cho Kashihara, Nara 634-8522, Japan
2Department of Biostatistics, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
3Department of Urology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi 371-8511, Japan
4Department of Urology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo 142-8555, Japan
5Department of Urology, Kinki University Faculty of Medicine, Osaka-Sayama 589-8511, Japan
6Department of Urogenital Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University, Kanazawa 920-0293, Japan
7Department of Urology, Ibaraki Prefectural Central Hospital and Cancer Center, Kasama 309-1793, Japan
8Department of Urology, Furuya Hospital, Kitami 090-0065, Japan
9Boku Clinic of Urology and Nephrology, Habikino 583-0856, Japan
Received 7 March 2013; Accepted 20 April 2013
Academic Editor: Martin Marszalek
Copyright © 2013 Kiyohide Fujimoto et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Oelke, A. Bachmann, A. Descazeaud, et al., Guidelines on the Management of Male Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS), Including Benign Prostatic Obstruction (BPO), edited by K. F. Parsons, European Association of Urology, 2012.
- E. D. Crawford, S. S. Wilson, J. D. McConnell et al., “Baseline factors as predictors of clinical progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men treated with placebo,” Journal of Urology, vol. 175, no. 4, pp. 1422–1426, 2006.
- Y. Shibata, Y. Fukabori, K. Ito, K. Suzuki, and H. Yamanaka, “Comparison of histological compositions and apoptosis in canine spontaneous benign prostatic hyperplasia treated with androgen suppressive agents chlormadinone acetate and finasteride,” Journal of Urology, vol. 165, no. 1, pp. 289–293, 2001.
- K. Fujimoto, Y. Hirao, Y. Ohashi et al., “Changes in serum prostate specific antigen and testosterone levels after chlormadinone acetate treatment in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective multicenter clinical study,” Hinyokika Kiyo, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 177–183, 2011 (Japanese).
- C. G. Roehrborn, J. C. Nickel, G. L. Andriole, et al., “Dutasteride improves outcomes of benign prostatic hyperplasia when evaluated for prostate cancer risk reduction: secondary analysis of the Reduction by Dutasteride of prostate Cancer Events (REDUCE) trial,” Urology, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 641–646, 2011.
- T. Tsukamoto, Y. Endo, and M. Narita, “Efficacy and safety of dutasteride in Japanese men with benign prostatic hyperplasia,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 745–750, 2009 (Japanese).
- O. Ueki, K. Kawaguchi, T. Katsumi et al., “Clinical efficacy and reduction effect on prostatic volume of chlormadinone acetate combined with tamsulosin hydrochloride in benign prostatic hyperplasia patients insufficiently treated with tamsulosin hydrochloride only,” Hinyokika Kiyo, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 565–573, 1998 (Japanese).
- M. Ohtani, K. Kikuchi, A. Tsuchiya et al., “A randomized long-term comparative study of clinical efficacy of α1-blocker with or without antiandrogen therapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia: focusing on improvement of I-PSS,” Hinyokika Kiyo, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 791–797, 2000 (Japanese).
- C. G. Roehrborn, P. Siami, J. Barkin et al., “The influence of baseline parameters on changes in international prostate symptom score with dutasteride, tamsulosin, and combination therapy among men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia and an enlarged prostate: 2-year data from the CombAT study,” European Urology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 461–471, 2009.
- K. Shida, T. Koyanagi, K. Kawakura, et al., “Clinical effects of allylestrenol on benign prostatic hypertrophy by double-blind method,” Hinyokika Kiyo, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 625–648, 1986 (Japanese).
- Y. Aso, Y. Homma, Y. Kumamoto, et al., “Phase III study of 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor, MK-906 in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. A comparative double blind study with chlormadinone acetate long acting tablets,” Hinyouki Geka, no. 8, pp. 237–256, 1995 (Japanese).
- T. Kogawa, H. Yanagiya, T. Takashima et al., “Clinical evaluation of the long-term treatment with chlormadinone acetate on patients with benign prostatic hypertrophy,” Hinyokika Kiyo, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 281–287, 1993 (Japanese).
- C. G. Roehrborn, P. Boyle, J. C. Nickel, K. Hoefner, and G. Andriole, “Efficacy and safety of a dual inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase types 1 and 2 (dutasteride) in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia,” Urology, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 434–441, 2002.
- C. G. Roehrborn, P. Siami, J. Barkin et al., “The effects of combination therapy with dutasteride and tamsulosin on clinical outcomes in men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia: 4-year results from the CombAT study,” European Urology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 123–131, 2010.
- M. Muller, D. E. Grobbee, I. den Tonkelaar, S. W. J. Lamberts, and Y. T. van der Schouw, “Endogenous sex hormones and metabolic syndrome in aging men,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 2618–2623, 2005.
- H. A. Fink, S. K. Ewing, K. E. Ensrud et al., “Association of testosterone and estradiol deficiency with osteoporosis and rapid bone loss in older men,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 3908–3915, 2006.
- S. A. Stoch, R. A. Parker, L. Chen et al., “Bone loss in men with prostate cancer treated with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 2787–2791, 2001.
- D. M. Preston, J. I. Torréns, P. Harding, R. S. Howard, W. E. Duncan, and D. G. Mcleod, “Androgen deprivation in men with prostate cancer is associated with an increased rate of bone loss,” Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 304–310, 2002.
- W. Wang, T. Yuasa, N. Tsuchiya et al., “Bone mineral density in Japanese prostate cancer patients under androgen-deprivation therapy,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 943–952, 2008.