- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 654751, 7 pages
Microcystic Variant of Urothelial Carcinoma
North Manchester General Hospital, Department of Urology, Delaunays Road, Manchester, UK
Received 26 July 2013; Revised 24 September 2013; Accepted 27 September 2013
Academic Editor: Matthew Nielsen
Copyright © 2013 Anthony Kodzo-Grey Venyo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. M. Murphy, Tumors of the Kidney, Bladder and Related Urinary Structures, vol. 1 of AFIP Atlas of Tumor Pathology Series, 2004.
- J. N. Eble, Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Urinary System and Male Genital Organs, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- P. Rugvedita, “Bladder urothelial carcinoma—invasive microcystic variant,” 2013, http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/bladderurothelialmicrocystic.html.
- A. Paz, L. Rath-Wolfson, D. Lask et al., “The clinical and histological features of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder with microcysts: analysis of 12 cases,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 722–725, 1997.
- R. H. Young and L. R. Zukerberg, “Microcystic transitional cell carcinomas of the urinary bladder: a report of four cases,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 635–639, 1991.
- D. Pacchioni, M. Bosco, E. Allia, B. Mussa, G. Mikuz, and G. Bussolati, “Microcystic urothelial cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation arising in renal pelvis. Report of a case,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 454, no. 2, pp. 223–227, 2009.
- Z. Ming, G. J. Netto, and J. I. Epstein, Uropathology, 2012, http://www.expertconsult.com/.
- K. Donhuijsen, U. Schmidt, H. J. Richter, and L.-D. Leder, “Mucoid cytoplasmic inclusions in urothelial carcinomas,” Human Pathology, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 860–864, 1992.
- V. Barresi, A. Ieni, C. Magno, and G. Barresi, “High-grade urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder showing acquisition of microcystic histology in the penile metastasis: histogenetic considerations,” Pathology Research and Practice, vol. 205, no. 8, pp. 568–571, 2009.
- I. Alvarado-Cabrero, D. Pérez-Montiel, and O. Hes, “Multicystic urothelial carcinoma of the bladder with gland-like lumina and with signet-ring cells. A case report,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 3, no. 1, article 36, 2008.
- X. Leroy, E. Leteurtre, A. de la Taille, D. Augusto, J. Biserte, and B. Gosselin, “Microcystic transitional cell carcinoma: a report of 2 cases arising in the renal pelvis,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 126, no. 7, pp. 859–861, 2002.
- E. Vardar, B. Gunlusoy, S. Sayhan, and T. Degirmenci, “An unusual variant of bladder carcinoma: microcystic urothelial carcinoma,” Current Urology, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 166–168, 2007.
- A. Sari, M. A. Uyaroglu, M. Ermete, M. Oder, C. Girgin, and C. Dincer, “Microcystic urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder metastatic to the penis,” Pathology and Oncology Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 170–173, 2007.
- R. H. Young and J. N. Eble, “Unusual forms of carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” Human Pathology, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 948–965, 1991.
- D. Radopoulos, K. Kalyvas, R. Kotakidou, K. Panagiotopoulou, V. Katsikas, and M. Papathanasiou, “Case report: microcystic transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 291–293, 2005.
- G. Pomara, I. Pastina, M. Simone, P. Casale, G. Marchetti, and F. Francesca, “Penile metastasis from primary transitional cell carcinoma of the renal pelvis: first manifestation of systemic spread,” BMC Cancer, vol. 4, article 90, 2004.
- O. A. Demuren and O. Koriech, “Isolated penile metastasis from bladder carcinoma,” European Radiology, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1596–1598, 1999.