- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 708362, 4 pages
Penile Fracture: Experience from a Third World Country
1Department of General Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 110002, India
2Maharishi Markendeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, D-22, Residential Complex, MMU Complex, Mullana, Ambala 133203, India
3Minimal Access Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 110002, India
4Department of General Surgery, Government Medical College, Srinagar 190010, India
Received 27 March 2013; Accepted 27 June 2013
Academic Editor: Arnulf Stenzl
Copyright © 2013 Rajandeep Singh Bali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. A. Ozen, I. Erkan, T. Alkibay, S. Kendi, and D. Remzi, “Fracture of the penis and long-term results of surgical treatment,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 551–552, 1986.
- M. Fedel, S. Venz, R. Andreessen, F. Sudhoff, and S. A. Loening, “The value of magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of suspected penile fracture with atypical clinical findings,” Journal of Urology, vol. 155, no. 6, pp. 1924–1927, 1996.
- A. Tejido Sánchez, M. P. Martín Muñoz, F. Villacampa Abuá, J. M. de la Morena Gallego, A. Suárez Charneco, and O. Leiva Galvis, “Surgical management of the penile fractures. Our experience,” Actas Urologicas Espanolas, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 784–788, 1999.
- M. S. Ei-Bahnasawy and M. A. Gomha, “Penile fractures: the successful outcome of immediate surgical intervention,” International Journal of Impotence Research, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 273–277, 2000.
- R. El Atat, M. Sfaxi, M. R. Benslama et al., “Fracture of the penis: management and long-term results of surgical treatment. Experience in 300 cases,” Journal of Trauma Injury, Infection and Critical Care, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 121–125, 2008.
- T. Ishikawa, M. Fujisawa, H. Tamada, T. Inoue, and N. Shimatani, “Fracture of the penis: nine cases with evaluation of reported cases in Japan,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 257–260, 2003.
- A. M. Ghilan, W. A. Al-Asbahi, M. A. Ghafour, M. A. Alwan, and O. M. Al-Khanbashi, “Management of penile fractures,” Saudi Medical Journal, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1443–1447, 2008.
- M. Wani, “Management of penile fracture,” Oman Medical Journal, vol. 23, pp. 162–165, 2008.
- M. Shetty, R. B. Nerli, S. Kamat, A. Sadalge, V. K. Patil, and S. Amarkhed, “Penile fractures: results of delayed repair,” Indian Journal of Urology, vol. 20, pp. 123–125, 2004.
- J. Zargooshi, “Penile fracture in Kermanshah, Iran: the long-term results of surgical treatment,” BJU International, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 890–894, 2002.
- A. Hinev, “Fracture of the penis: treatment and complications,” Acta Medica Okayama, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 211–216, 2000.
- G. S. Jack, I. Garraway, R. Reznichek, and J. Rajfer, “Current treatment options for penile fracture,” Reviews in Urology, vol. 6, pp. 114–120, 2004.
- M. Beysel, A. Tekin, M. Gürdal, E. Yüceba, and F. Dengör, “Evaluation and treatment of penile fractures: accuracy of clinical diagnosis and the value of corpus cavernosography,” Urology, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 492–496, 2002.
- M. Cecchi, G. L. Pagni, C. Ippolito, D. Summonti, C. A. Sepich, and L. Fiorentini, “Fracture of the penis: description of a case,” Archivio Italiano di Urologia, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 137–139, 1997.
- S. Koga, Y. Saito, Y. Arakaki et al., “Sonography in fracture of the penis,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 228–229, 1993.
- D. L. Catala, G. M. A. Rapariz, P. J. Valero, L. T. J. A. Belon, S. I. Martínez de la Riva, and F. P. Aleman, “Fracture of the penis: value of echo-Doppler-color,” Archivos Españoles de Urología, vol. 51, pp. 831–834, 1998.
- S. S. Kalash and J. D. Young Jr., “Fracture of penis: controversy of surgical versus conservative treatment,” Urology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 21–24, 1984.
- E. Wespes, M. Libert, J. Simon, and C. C. Schulman, “Fracture of the penis: conservative versus surgical treatment,” European Urology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 166–168, 1987.
- R. N. Farah, R. Stiles Jr., and J. C. Cerny, “Surgical treatment of deformity and coital difficulty in healed traumatic rupture of the corpora cavernosa,” Journal of Urology, vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 118–120, 1978.
- A. Jallu, N. A. Wani, and P. A. Rashid, “Fracture of the penis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 285–286, 1980.
- T. Tsang and A. M. Demby, “Penile fracture with urethral injury,” Journal of Urology, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 466–468, 1992.
- M. Masarani and M. Dinneen, “Penile fracture: diagnosis and management,” Trends in Urology, Gynaecology & Sexual Health, vol. 12, pp. 20–24, 2007.