- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 724082, 5 pages
Urolastic—A New Bulking Agent for the Treatment of Women with Stress Urinary Incontinence: Outcome of 12 Months Follow Up
1MOCONTI Sp.z o.o Urological Office, Warszawa, Poland
2Department of Urology, IATROS NZOZ, Warszawa, Poland
3Department of Urology, Radboud UMC, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4Department of Urology, Sohag University Hospital, Egypt
Received 6 November 2013; Revised 5 December 2013; Accepted 5 December 2013
Academic Editor: Walid A. Farhat
Copyright © 2013 Janusz Zajda and Fawzy Farag. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Abrams, L. Cardozo, M. Fall, D. Griffiths, P. Rosier, U. Ulmsten, et al., “The standardisation of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the Standardisation Sub-committee of the International Continence Society,” Neurourology and Urodynamics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 167–178, 2002.
- S. Hunskaar, G. Lose, D. Sykes, and S. Voss, “The prevalence of urinary incontinence in women in four European countries,” BJU International, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 324–330, 2004.
- D. Robinson, K. Anders, L. Cardozo et al., “What do women want? interpretation of the concept of cure,” Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 273–277, 2003.
- N. F. Davis, F. Kheradmand, and T. Creagh, “Injectable biomaterials for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: their potential and pitfalls as urethral bulking agents,” International Urogynecology Journal, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 913–919, 2013.
- M. G. Lucas, R. J. Bosch, F. C. Burkhard et al., “EAU guidelines on surgical treatment of urinary incontinence,” European Urology, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1118–1129, 2012.
- T. A. Stamey, “Endoscopic suspension of the vesical neck for urinary incontinence,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 136, no. 4, pp. 547–554, 1973.
- M. K. Shirvan, D. H. Alamdari, M. D. Mahboub, A. Ghanadi, H. R. Rahimi, and A. M. Seifalian, “A novel cell therapy for stress urinary incontinence, short-term outcome,” Neurourology and Urodynamics, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 377–382, 2013.
- A. C. Steele, N. Kohli, and M. M. Karram, “Periurethral collagen injection for stress incontinence with and without urethral hypermobility,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 327–331, 2000.
- A. E. Bent, J. Foote, S. Siegel, G. Faerber, R. Chao, and E. A. Gormley, “Collagen implant for treating stress urinary incontinence in women with urethral hypermobility,” Journal of Urology, vol. 166, no. 4, pp. 1354–1357, 2001.
- S. C. Radley, C. R. Chapple, and J. A. Lee, “Transurethral implantation of silicone polymer for stress incontinence: evaluation of a porcine model and mechanism of action in vivo,” BJU International, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 646–650, 2000.
- C. R. Chapple, A. J. Wein, L. Brubaker et al., “Stress incontinence injection therapy: what is best for our patients?” European Urology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 552–565, 2005.
- S. Mohr, M. Siegenthaler, M. D. Mueller, and A. Kuhn, “Bulking agents: an analysis of 500 cases and review of the literature,” International Urogynecology Journal, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 241–247, 2013.
- P. H. ter Meulen, L. C. M. Berghmans, F. H. M. Nieman, and P. E. V. A. van Kerrebroeck, “Effects of Macroplastique implantation system for stress urinary incontinence and urethral hypermobility in women,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 177–183, 2009.
- G. Ghoniem, J. Corcos, C. Comiter, O. L. Westney, and S. Herschorn, “Durability of urethral bulking agent Injection for female stress urinary incontinence: 2-year multicenter study results,” Journal of Urology, vol. 183, no. 4, pp. 1444–1449, 2010.
- J. T. Tamanini, C. A. D'Ancona, and N. R. Netto, “Macroplastique implantation system for female stress urinary incontinence: long-term follow-up,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 1082–1086, 2006.
- D. Lightner, C. Calvosa, R. Andersen et al., “A new injectable bulking agent for treatment of stress urinary incontinence: results of a multicenter, randomized, controlled, double-blind study of Durasphere,” Urology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 12–15, 2001.
- G. Ghoniem, J. Corcos, C. Comiter, P. Bernhard, O. L. Westney, and S. Herschorn, “Cross-linked polydimethylsiloxane injection for female stress urinary incontinence: results of a multicenter, randomized, controlled, single-blind study,” Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 204–210, 2009.