- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 797854, 4 pages
Cough Test during Tension-Free Vaginal Tape Procedure in Preventing Postoperative Urinary Retention
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, No. 1 Youyi Road, Yuzhong District,
Chongqing 400016, China
Received 30 November 2012; Accepted 25 March 2013
Academic Editor: Arnulf Stenzl
Copyright © 2013 Jian Kang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. O. L. DeLancey, “Structural support of the urethra as it relates to stress urinary incontinence: the hammock hypothesis,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 170, no. 6, pp. 1713–1723, 1994.
- U. Ulmsten, L. Henriksson, P. Johnson, and G. Varhos, “An ambulatory surgical procedure under local anesthesia for treatment of female urinary incontinence,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 81–85, 1996.
- S. Jha, A. S. Arunkalaivanan, and J. Davis, “Surgical management of stress urinary incontinence: a questionnaire based survey,” European Urology, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 648–652, 2005.
- N. Kuuva and C. G. Nilsson, “A nationwide analysis of complications associated with the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 72–77, 2002.
- C. Klutke, S. Siegel, B. Carlin, E. Paszkiewicz, A. Kirkemo, and J. Klutke, “Urinary retention after tension-free vaginal tape procedure: incidence and treatment,” Urology, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 697–701, 2001.
- L. M. Partoll, “Efficacy of tension-free vaginal tape with other pelvic reconstructive surgery,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 186, no. 6, pp. 1292–1295, 2002.
- P. Takacs and C. A. Medina, “Tension-free vaginal tape: poor intraoperative cough test as a predictor of postoperative urinary retention,” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1445–1447, 2007.
- M. Murphy, P. J. Culligan, C. M. Arce, C. A. Graham, L. Blackwell, and M. H. Heit, “Is the cough-stress test necessary when placing the tension-free vaginal tape?” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 105, no. 2, pp. 319–324, 2005.
- S. J. Low, K. M. Smith, and E. M. Holt, “Tension free vaginal tape: is the intra-operative cough test necessary?” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 328–330, 2004.
- Y. Lavy, A. Lev-Sagie, Y. Hamani, A. Hurwits, and A. Adoni, “Cough stress test during the tension-free vaginal tape procedure: is it necessary?” in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society, ICS Office Publications, Heidelberg, German, 2002.
- A. Adamiak, P. Milart, P. Skorupski et al., “The efficacy and safety of the tension-free vaginal tape procedure do not depend on the method of analgesia,” European Urology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 2002.
- B. Hong, S. Park, H. S. Kim, and M. S. Choo, “Factors predictive of urinary retention after a tension-free vaginal tape procedure for female stress urinary incontinence,” Journal of Urology, vol. 170, no. 3, pp. 852–856, 2003.
- A. Salin, S. Conquy, C. Elie et al., “Identification of risk factors for voiding dysfunction following TVT placement,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 782–787, 2007.
- D. Koelle, J. Windisch, D. Doerfler, C. Marth, and S. Kropshofer, “Effect of tension-free vaginal tape operation on urethral closure function,” Urology, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 524–528, 2006.
- A. C. Wang, “An assessment of the early surgical outcome and urodynamic effects of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT),” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 282–284, 2000.