- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 978180, 4 pages
Do Renal Cysts Affect the Success of Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy? A Retrospective Comparative Study
1Department of Urology, Abant Izzet Baysal University Faculty of Medicine, 14200 Bolu, Turkey
2Department of Urology, Ministry of Health, Ankara Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Received 15 March 2013; Revised 24 May 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: M. Hammad Ather
Copyright © 2013 Adnan Gücük et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Terada, K. Ichioka, Y. Matsuta, K. Okubo, K. Yoshimura, and Y. Arai, “The natural history of simple renal cysts,” Journal of Urology, vol. 167, no. 1, pp. 21–23, 2002.
- M. L. Paik and M. I. Resnick, “Is there a role for open stone surgery?” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 323–331, 2000.
- C. Deliveliotis, V. Argiropoulos, J. Varkarakis, S. Albanis, and A. Skolarikos, “Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy produces a lower stone-free rate in patients with stones and renal cysts,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 11–14, 2002.
- A. Gücük, U. Uyetürk, U. Oztürk, E. Kemahlı, M. Yıldız, and A. Metin, “Does the hounsfield unit value determined by computed tomography predict the outcome of percutaneous nephrolithotomy?” Journal of Endourology, vol. 26, pp. 792–796, 2012.
- H.-G. Tiselius and A. Andersson, “Stone burden in an average Swedish population of stone formers requiring active stone removal: how can the stone size be estimated in the clinical routine?” European Urology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 275–281, 2003.
- A. D. Amar, S. Das, and R. M. Egan, “Management of urinary calculous disease in patients with renal cysts: review of 12 years of experience in 18 patients,” Journal of Urology, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 153–156, 1981.
- C.-C. Chang, J.-Y. Kuo, W.-L. Chan, K.-K. Chen, and L. S. Chang, “Prevalence and clinical characteristics of simple renal cyst,” Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 486–491, 2007.
- A. S. Cass and G. M. Preminger, “Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for renal stones with renal cysts present,” Journal of Urology, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 599–601, 1995.
- A. R. El-Nahas, A. M. El-Assmy, O. Mansour, and K. Z. Sheir, “A prospective multivariate analysis of factors predicting stone disintegration by extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: the value of high-resolution noncontrast computed tomography,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1688–1694, 2007.
- P. Philippou, D. Lamrani, K. Moraitis, C. Bach, J. Masood, and N. Buchholz, “Is shock wave lithotripsy efficient for the elderly stone formers? Results of a matched-pair analysis,” Urological Research, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 299–304, 2012.
- K. E. Psihramis and S. P. Dretler, “Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy of caliceal diverticula calculi,” Journal of Urology, vol. 138, no. 4, pp. 707–711, 1987.
- G. Fuchs and C. Chaussy, “Patient selection for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy,” in Difficult Diagnosis in Urology, pp. 1250–1273, Churchill Livingstone, New York, NY, USA, 1988.
- A. S. Cass, J. Y. Lee, and H. Aliabadi, “Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy and endoscopic management of renal calculi with urinary diversions,” Journal of Urology, vol. 148, no. 3, pp. 1123–1125, 1992.
- J. E. Lingéman, J. A. McAteer, E. Gnessin, and A. P. Evan, “Shock wave lithotripsy: advances in technology and technique,” Nature Reviews Urology, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 660–670, 2009.
- D. Delakas, G. Daskalopoulos, and A. Cranidis, “Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy for urinary calculi in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 167–170, 1997.
- G. Gambaro, A. Fabris, D. Puliatta, and A. Lupo, “Lithiasis in cystic kidney disease and malformations of the urinary tract,” Urological Research, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 102–107, 2006.