- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 142625, 6 pages
Trends in the Rates of Pediatric Pyeloplasty for Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction over 19 Years: A PHIS Database Study
1Division of Pediatric Urology, Seattle Children’s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
2Seattle Children’s Research Institute, 1900 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
3Department of Surgery, Seattle Children’s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Received 13 February 2014; Accepted 29 April 2014; Published 13 May 2014
Academic Editor: Axel S. Merseburger
Copyright © 2014 Ardavan Akhavan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Koyle and R. M. Ehrlich, “Management of ureteropelvic junction obstruction in neonate,” Urology, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 496–498, 1988.
- R. D. Pocock, J. B. Witcombe, and H. S. Andrews, “The outcome of antenatally diagnosed urological abnormalities,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 788–792, 1985.
- A. Onen, V. R. Jayanthi, and S. A. Koff, “Long-term followup of prenatally detected severe bilateral newborn hydronephrosis initially managed nonoperatively,” Journal of Urology, vol. 168, no. 3, pp. 1118–1120, 2002.
- S. A. Koff, “Neonatal management of unilateral hydronephrosis: Role for delayed intervention,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 181–186, 1998.
- P. G. Ransley, H. K. Dhillon, I. Gordon, P. G. Duffy, M. J. Dillon, and T. M. Barratt, “The postnatal management of hydronephrosis diagnosed by prenatal ultrasound,” Journal of Urology, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 584–587, 1990.
- Y. K. Chung, P. Y. Chang, C. J. Lin, N. L. Wang, J. C. Sheu, and B. F. Shih, “Conservative treatment of neonatal hydronephrosis,” Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 75–80, 1992.
- S. A. Koff and K. Campbell, “Nonoperative management of unilateral neonatal hydronephrosis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 525–531, 1992.
- E. R. Freedman and A. M. K. Rickwood, “Prenatally diagnosed pelviureteric junction obstruction: a benign condition?” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 769–772, 1994.
- K. Nonomura, T. Yamashita, K. Kanagawa, K. Itoh, and T. Koyanagi, “Management and outcome of antenatally diagnosed hydronephrosis,” International Journal of Urology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 121–128, 1994.
- A. Blachar, Y. Blachar, P. M. Livne, L. Zurkowski, D. Pelet, and B. Mogilner, “Clinical outcome and follow-up of prenatal hydronephrosis,” Pediatric Nephrology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 30–35, 1994.
- S. A. Koff and K. D. Campbell, “The nonoperative management of unilateral neonatal hydronephrosis: natural history of poorly functioning kidneys,” Journal of Urology, vol. 152, no. 2, pp. 593–595, 1994.
- H. K. Dhillon, “Prenatally diagnosed hydronephrosis: The Great Ormond Street experience,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 39–44, 1998.
- I. Ulman, V. R. Jayanthi, and S. A. Koff, “The long-term followup of newborns with severe unilateral hydronephrosis initially treated nonoperatively,” Journal of Urology, vol. 164, no. 3, pp. 1101–1105, 2000.
- S. Josephson, H. K. Dhillon, and P. G. Ransley, “Post-natal management of antenatally detected, bilateral hydronephrosis,” Urologia Internationalis, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 79–84, 1993.
- C. P. Nelson, J. M. Park, R. L. Dunn, and J. T. Wei, “Contemporary trends in surgical correction of pediatric ureteropelvic junction obstruction: Data from the nationwide inpatient sample,” Journal of Urology, vol. 173, no. 1, pp. 232–236, 2005.
- V. M. Vemulakonda, C. A. Cowan, T. S. Lendvay, B. D. Joyner, and R. W. Grady, “Surgical management of congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction: A Pediatric Health Information System Database Study,” Journal of Urology, vol. 180, no. 4, pp. 1689–1692, 2008.
- M. F. Monn, C. D. Bahler, E. B. Schneider et al., “Trends in robot-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty in pediatric patients,” Urology, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 1336–1341, 2013.
- N. McMullin, T. Khor, and P. King, “Internal ureteric stenting following pyeloplasty reduces length of hospital stay in children,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 370–372, 1993.
- S. M. Dy, P. P. Garg, D. Nyberg et al., “Are critical pathways effective for reducing postoperative length of stay?” Medical Care, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 637–648, 2003.
- J. T. Kolstad and A. E. Kowalski, “The impact of Health Care Reform on Hospital and Preventive Care: evidence from Massachusetts,” Journal of Public Economics, vol. 96, pp. 909–929, 2012.
- A. D. Kalra, R. S. Fisher, and P. Axelrod, “Decreased length of stay and cumulative hospitalized days despite increased patient admissions and readmissions in an area of urban poverty,” Journal of General Internal Medicine, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 930–935, 2010.
- J. C. Routh, D. A. Graham, C. R. Estrada, and C. P. Nelson, “Contemporary use of nephron-sparing surgery for children with malignant renal tumors at freestanding children's hospitals,” Urology, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 422–426, 2011.