- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 321619, 8 pages
Extended Salvage Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection in Patients with Recurrent Prostate Cancer
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, Campus Kiel, Arnold-Heller-Stra
Received 12 June 2013; Revised 18 December 2013; Accepted 18 December 2013; Published 12 February 2014
Academic Editor: Axel S. Merseburger
Copyright © 2014 Daniar K. Osmonov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. K. Osmonov, C. Wang, J. Hoenle et al., “Extended lymphadenectomy “step by step” in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy,” Urology, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 969–974, 2011.
- A. Heidenreich, S. Richter, D. Thüer, and D. Pfister, “Prognostic parameters, complications, and oncologic and functional outcome of salvage radical prostatectomy for locally recurrent prostate cancer after 21st-century radiotherapy,” European Urology, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 437–445, 2010.
- J. Blarer, M. Kurz, C. Padevit et al., “Pre-prostatic tissue removedin robotic assisted lymph node dissection for prostate cancer might contain lymph nodes,” Urology Annals, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 259–263, 2013.
- A. J. Stephenson, M. Bolla, A. Briganti et al., “Postoperative radiation therapy for pathologically advanced prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 443–451, 2012.
- T. J. Kruser, D. F. Jarrard, A. K. Graf et al., “Early hypofractionated salvage radiotherapy for postprostatectomy biochemical recurrence,” Cancer, vol. 117, no. 12, pp. 2629–2636, 2011.
- J. Engel, P. J. Bastian, H. Baur et al., “Survival benefit of radical prostatectomy in lymph node-positive patients with prostate cancer,” European Urology, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 754–761, 2010.
- D. C. Chade, S. F. Shariat, A. M. Cronin et al., “Salvage radical prostatectomy for radiation-recurrent prostate cancer: a multi-institutional collaboration,” European Urology, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 205–210, 2011.
- R. E. Hautmann, “Salvage radical prostatectomy,” Urologe A, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1260–1265, 2006.
- P. Paparel, A. M. Cronin, C. Savage, P. T. Scardino, and J. A. Eastham, “Oncologic outcome and patterns of recurrence after salvage radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 404–411, 2009.
- P. C. Walsh, “Radical retropubic prostatectomy with reduced morbidity: an anatomic approach,” NCI Monographs, no. 7, pp. 133–137, 1988.
- P. Rigatti, N. Suardi, A. Briganti et al., “Pelvic/retroperitoneal salvage lymph node dissection for patients treated with radical prostatectomy with biochemical recurrence and nodal recurrence detected by [11C]choline positron emission tomography/computed tomography,” European Urology, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 935–943, 2011.
- D. K. Osmonov, A. Boller, A. V. Aksenov, M. Naumann, and K. P. Jünemann, “Intermediate and high risk prostate cancer patients. Clinical significance of extended lymphadenectomy,” Urologe A, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 240–245, 2013.
- S. Hautmann, S. Beitz, M. Naumann et al., “Extended sentinel lymph node dissection in radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer? A study in the Kiel risk population,” Urologe A, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 299–303, 2008.
- P. Bader, F. C. Burkhard, R. Markwalder, and U. E. Studer, “Disease progression and survival of patients with positive lymph nodes after radical prostatectomy. Is there a chance of cure?” Journal of Urology, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 849–854, 2003.
- M. E. Allaf, G. S. Palapattu, B. J. Trock, H. B. Carter, and P. C. Walsh, “Anatomical extent of lymph node dissection: impact on men with clinically localized prostate cancer,” Journal of Urology, vol. 172, no. 5, part 1, pp. 1840–1844, 2004.
- A. Heidenreich, Z. Varga, and R. Von Knobloch, “Extended pelvic lymphadenectomy in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy: high incidence of lymph node metastasis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 1681–1686, 2002.
- A. Briganti, U. Capitanio, F. K.-H. Chun et al., “Impact of surgical volume on the rate of lymph node metastases in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy and extended pelvic lymph node dissection for clinically localized prostate cancer,” European Urology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 794–804, 2008.
- A. Mattei, F. G. Fuechsel, N. Bhatta Dhar et al., “The template of the primary lymphatic landing sites of the prostate should be revisited: results of a multimodality mapping study,” European Urology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 118–125, 2008.