- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 327917, 19 pages
Lymphoma of the Urinary Bladder
North Manchester General Hospital, Department of Urology, Delaunays Road Crumpsall, Manchester, UK
Received 27 July 2013; Revised 2 October 2013; Accepted 8 October 2013; Published 9 January 2014
Academic Editor: Fabio Campodonico
Copyright © 2014 Anthony Kodzo-Grey Venyo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Levy, “Bladder Other tumors Lymphoma (primary),” PathologyOutlines.com 2011, http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/bladderlymphoma.html.
- A. W. Bates, A. J. Norton, and S. I. Baithun, “Malignant lymphoma of the urinary bladder: a clinicopathological study of 11 cases,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 458–461, 2000.
- C. L. Kempton, P. J. Kurtin, D. J. Inwards, P. Wollan, and D. G. Bostwick, “Malignant lymphoma of the bladder: evidence from 36 cases that low- grade lymphoma of the malt-type is the most common primary bladder lymphoma,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1324–1333, 1997.
- J. Al-Maghrabi, S. Kamel-Reid, M. Jewett, M. Gospodarowicz, W. Wells, and D. Banerjee, “Primary low-grade B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue type arising in the urinary bladder: report of 4 cases with molecular genetic analysis,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. 332–336, 2001.
- L. R. Zukerberg, N. L. Harris, and R. H. Young, “Carcinomas of the urinary bladder simulating malignant lymphoma: a report of five cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 569–576, 1991.
- D. D. Cohen, C. Lamarre, L. Lamarre, and F. S. Fred Saad, “Primary low-grade B-cell lymphoma of the urinary bladder: case report and literature review,” The Canadian Journal of Urology, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1694–1697, 2002.
- G. Sufrin, B. Keogh, R. H. Moore, and G. P. Murphy, “Secondary involvement of the bladder in malignant lymphoma,” Journal of Urology, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 251–253, 1977.
- H. Kuhara, Z. Tamura, T. Suchi, R. Hattori, and T. Kinukawa, “Primary malignant lymphoma of the urinary bladder. A case report,” Acta Pathologica Japonica, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 764–769, 1990.
- M. Sönmezer, A. Ensari, Y. Üstün, M. Güngör, and F. Ortaç, “Primary lymphoma of the urinary bladder presenting as a large pelvic mass,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 228–230, 2002.
- M. Ohsawa, K. Aozasa, K. Horiuchi, and A. Kanamaru, “Malignant lymphoma of bladder: report of three cases and review of the literature,” Cancer, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 1969–1974, 1993.
- M. Raderer, S. Wöhrer, B. Streubel et al., “Activity of rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin/mitoxantrone, vincristine and prednisone in patients with relapsed MALT lymphoma,” Oncology, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 411–417, 2006.
- Y. Terasaki, H. Okumura, Y. Ishiura et al., “Primary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the urinary bladder successfully treated by radiotherapy and rituximab,” Rinsho Ketsueki, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 30–34, 2008.
- Y. Takahara, H. Kawashima, Y.-S. Han et al., “Primary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma of the urinary bladder,” Hinyokika Kiyo, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 45–48, 2005.
- Y. Kakuta, T. Katoh, J. Saitoh, K. Yazawa, M. Hosomi, and K. Itoh, “A case of primary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the bladder regressed after rituximab in combination with CHOP chemotherapy,” Acta Urologica Japonica, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 951–954, 2006.
- R. J. Siegel and V. M. Napoli, “Malignant lymphoma of the urinary bladder: a case with signet-ring cells stimulating urachal adenocarcinoma,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 115, no. 6, pp. 635–637, 1991.
- A. Hayashi, Y. Miyakawa, K. Bokuda et al., “Primary diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the bladder,” Internal Medicine, vol. 48, no. 16, pp. 1403–1406, 2009.
- N. Z. Abraham Jr., T. J. Maher, and R. E. Hutchison, “Extra-nodal monocytoid B-cell lymphoma of the urinary bladder,” Modern Pathology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 145–149, 1993.
- S. Sundaram and K. Zhang, “Epstein-Barr virus positive B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder/ polymorphous B-cell lymphoma of the urinary bladder: a case report with review of literature,” Indian Journal of Urology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 129–131, 2009.
- K. C. Oh and D. Y. Zang, “Primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the bladder with bone marrow involvement,” The Korean journal of internal medicine, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 40–44, 2003.
- L. Wang, Z. Z. Cao, and L. Qi, “Primary T-cell lymphoma of the urinary bladder presenting with haematuria and hydroureteronephrosis,” Journal of International Medical Research, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 2027–2032, 2011.
- W. A. Mourad, S. Khalil, A. Radwi, A. Peracha, and A. Ezzat, “Primary T-cell lymphoma of the urinary bladder,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 373–377, 1998.
- K. Ando, Y. Matsuno, Y. Kanai et al., “Primary low-grade lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue of the urinary bladder: a case report with special reference to the use of ancillary diagnostic studies,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 636–639, 1999.
- R. H. W. Simpson, R. S. Amin, and R. D. Pocock, “Malignant lymphoma of the bladder and female urethra,” International Urogynecology Journal, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 102–105, 1994.
- E. Mearini, A. Zucchi, E. Costantini, P. Fornetti, E. Tiacci, and L. Mearini, “Primary Burkitt's lymphoma of bladder in patient with aids,” Journal of Urology, vol. 167, no. 3, pp. 1397–1398, 2002.
- I. Tsiriopoulos, G. Lee, A. O'Reilly, R. Smith, and M. Pancharatnam, “Primary splenic marginal zone lymphoma with bladder metastases mimicking interstitial cystitis,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 38, no. 3-4, pp. 475–476, 2006.
- T. M. Downs, A. S. Kibel, and W. C. DeWolf, “Primary lymphoma of the bladder: a unique cystoscopic appearance,” Urology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 276–278, 1997.
- R. H. W. Simpson, J. E. Bridger, P. P. Anthony, K. A. James, and I. Jury, “Malignant lymphoma of the lower urinary tract. A clinicopathological study with review of the literature,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 254–260, 1990.
- P. Isaacson and D. H. Wright, “Malignant lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue. A distinctive type of B-cell lymphoma,” Cancer, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1410–1416, 1983.
- M. Mantzarides, D. Papathanassiou, G. Bonardel, M. Soret, E. Gontier, and H. Foehrenbach, “High-grade lymphoma of the bladder visualized on PET,” Clinical Nuclear Medicine, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 478–480, 2005.
- D. A. Evans and A. T. Moore, “The first case of vesico-vaginal fistula in a patient with primary lymphoma of the bladder—a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 1, article 105, 2007.
- K. Arda, G. Özdemir, Z. Güneş, and H. Özdemir, “Primary malignant lymphoma of the bladder. A case report and review of the literature,” International Urology and Nephrology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 319–322, 1997.
- M. J. F. Aceñero, C. M. Rodilla, J. L. García-Asenjo, S. C. Menchero, and J. S. Esponera, “Primary malignant lymphoma of the bladder report of 3 cases,” Pathology, Research and Practice, vol. 192, 1996.
- A. JACOBS and T. SYMINGTON, “Primary lymphosarcoma of urinary bladder,” British journal of urology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 119–126, 1953.
- J. A. Diaz-Peromingo, J. T. Tato-Rodriguez, P. M. Pesqueira, S. Molinos-Castro, M. C. Gayol-Fernández, and J. P. Struzik, “Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma presenting as a primary bladder tumour: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 4, pp. 4–114, 2010.
- E. Rijo, O. Bielsa, J. A. Lorente, A. Francés, J. Lloreta, and O. Arango, “Female paraurethral primary Burkitt’s lymphoma, presenting with symptoms of bladder Outlet obstruction, successfully treated with Chemotherapy,” www.bjui.org/ContentFullltem.aspx.
- K. Hatano, M. Sato, Y. Tsujimoto et al., “Primary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma of the urinary bladder associated with left renal pelvic carcinoma: a case report,” Acta Urologica Japonica, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 57–60, 2007.
- P. Dahm and J. E. Gschwend, “Malignant non-urothelial neoplasms of the urinary bladder: a review,” European Urology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 672–681, 2003.
- J. A. Ferry, “Burkitt's lymphoma: clinicopathologic features and differential diagnosis,” Oncologist, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 375–383, 2006.
- A. Shad and I. T. Magrath, “Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in children,” in Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology, P. A. Pizzo and D. G. Poplack, Eds., pp. 545–548, Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 1997.
- W. W. Choi, R. L. Yap, O. Ozer, M. R. Pins, and A. J. Schaeffer, “Lymphoma of the prostate and bladder presenting as acute urinary obstruction,” Journal of Urology, vol. 169, no. 3, pp. 1082–1083, 2003.
- I. Singh, M. Joshi, S. Agarwal, U. R. Singh, and R. Saran, “Extra-nodal small cell lymphocytic lymphoma of prostate: an unusual cause of lower urinary tract symptoms,” Urology, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 547.e7–549.e7, 2008.
- S. D. Schniederjan and A. O. Osunkoya, “Lymphoid neoplasms of the urinary tract and male genital organs: a clinicopathological study of 40 cases,” Modern Pathology, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1057–1065, 2009.
- D. E. Shield and R. M. Weiss, “Leiomyoma of the female urethra,” Journal of Urology, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 430–431, 1973.
- I. E. Yusim, E. Z. Neulander, I. Eidelberg, L. J. Lismer, and J. Kaneti, “Leiomyoma of the genitourinary tract,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 295–299, 2001.
- A. Gómez Gallo, J. P. Valdevenito Sepúlveda, and M. San Martín Montes, “Giant lithiasis in a female urethral diverticulum,” European Urology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 556–558, 2007.
- D. A. Thomas, J. Cortes, S. O’Brien, et al., “Hyper-CVAD program in Burkitt’s-type adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 2461–2470, 1999.