- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Urology
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 924269, 9 pages
Surgical Approaches to Supradiaphragmatic Segment of IVC and Right Atrium through Abdominal Cavity during Intravenous Tumor Thrombus Removal
1Department of Urology, Nephrology and Andrology, Kharkiv National Medical University, 195 Moskovskiy Avenue, Kharkiv 61037, Ukraine
2Department of General, Pediatric and Oncological Urology, Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, 195 Moskovskiy Avenue, Kharkiv 61037, Ukraine
Received 27 June 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013; Published 22 January 2014
Academic Editor: James A. Brown
Copyright © 2014 Dmytro Shchukin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. S. Pereverzev, Surgery of Kidney and Upper Urinary Tract Tumors, Lora Medpharm, Kharkov, Ukraine, 1997, Russian.
- D. V. Shchukin and Y. A. Iliukhin, “Surgery of tumor thrombus of the inferior vena cava for renal cancer,” Belgorod, Russia, 2007, Russian.
- M. I. Davydov, B. P. Matveyev, V. B. Matveyev, K. M. Figurin, and Y. V. Buydenok, “The extended and combined operations in treatment of locally advanced and metastatic kidney cancer,” in Materials of the 4th Annual Russian Oncology Conference, pp. 181–182, Moscow, Russia, 2000.
- M. Miyazaki, H. Ito, K. Nakagawa et al., “An approach to intrapericardial inferior vena cava through the abdominal cavity, without median sternotomy, for total hepatic vascular exclusion,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 48, no. 41, pp. 1443–1446, 2001.
- G. Ciancio and M. S. Soloway, “Renal cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus extending above diaphragm: avoiding cardiopulmonary bypass,” Urology, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 266–270, 2005.
- T. W. Chen, C. H. Tsai, S. J. Chou et al., “Intrapericardial isolation of the inferior vena cava through a transdiaphragmatic pericardial window for tumor resection without sternotomy or thoracotomy,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 239–242, 2007.
- S. Mizuno, H. Kato, Y. Azumi et al., “Total vascular hepatic exclusion for tumor resection: a new approach to the intrathoracic inferior vena cava through the abdominal cavity by cutting the diaphragm vertically without cutting the pericardium,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Sciences, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 197–202, 2010.
- P. Bassi, F. Dal Moro, M. Ciaccia, F. Rea, and F. Pagano, “Transdiaphragmatic-intrapericardiac approach to supradiaphragmatic vena cava invasion secondary to renal cell carcinoma: a novel surgical approach,” Urology, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 1101–1105, 2005.
- M. E. Facciuto, S. Babu, M. Marvin, M. Choudhury, and P. A. Sheiner, “Intrapericardial control of the inferior vena cava from the abdominal cavity,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 286–289, 2004.
- E. Belgrano, C. Trombetta, G. Liguori, S. Siracusano, G. Savoca, and B. Zingone, “Intrahepatic tumor thrombectomy through an abdominal diaphragmatic approach,” Journal of Urology, vol. 158, no. 6, pp. 2233–2234, 1997.
- M. Mathru, B. Kleinman, D. J. Dries, T. Rao, and D. Calandra, “Effect of opening the pericardium on right ventricular hemodynamics during cardiac surgery,” Chest, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 120–123, 1990.
- F. Sangalli, L. Colagrande, B. Manetti et al., “Hemodynamic instability after cardiac surgery: transesophageal echocardiographic diagnosis of a localized pericardial tamponade,” Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 775–776, 2005.
- I. Birincioglu, S. Topaloglu, N. Turan et al., “Detailed dissection of hepato-caval junction and suprarenal inferior vena cava,” Hepato-Gastroenterology, vol. 58, no. 106, pp. 311–317, 2011.
- Y. Sanada, K. Mizuta, Y. Kawano et al., “Paralysis in the left phrenic nerve after living-donor liver transplantation for biliary atresia with situs inversus,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1659–1663, 2008.
- V. C. McAlister, D. R. Grant, A. Roy et al., “Right phrenic nerve injury in orthotopic liver transplantation,” Transplantation, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 826–830, 1993.