- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Autism Research and Treatment
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 971686, 8 pages
Presence of Contagious Yawning in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
1Department of Cognitive and Behavioral Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
2Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, Birkbeck, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, UK
3Department of Education for Children with Disabilities, Ibaraki University, Ibaraki, Japan
4Musashino Higashi Center for Education and Research, Musashino Higashi Gakuen, Tokyo, Japan
Received 15 April 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Elizabeth Aylward
Copyright © 2013 Saori Usui et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Elainie Alenkr Madsen, Tomas Persson, Susan Sayehli, Sara Lenninger, and Goran Sonesson, “Chimpanzees Show a Developmental Increase in Susceptibility to Contagious Yawning: A Test of the Effect of Ontogeny and Emotional Closeness on Yawn Contagion,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Elisabetta Palagi, Ivan Norscia, and Elisa Demuru, “Yawn contagion in humans and bonobos: emotional affinity matters more than species,” PeerJ, vol. 2, pp. e519, 2014.
- Alejandro Moyaho, Xaman Rivas-Zamudio, Araceli Ugarte, José R. Eguibar, and Jaime Valencia, “Smell facilitates auditory contagious yawning in stranger rats,” Animal Cognition, 2014.