- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Virology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 854540, 5 pages
Failure to Detect XMRV-Specific Antibodies in the Plasma of CFS Patients Using Highly Sensitive Chemiluminescence Immunoassays
1Pathology Department, Tufts University School of Medicine, 150 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
2Pharmacology Program, Tufts University School of Medicine, 150 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111, USA
3Infectious Diseases R&D, Abbott Diagnostics, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
4Private Practice, 115 East 72nd Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Received 8 April 2011; Accepted 10 June 2011
Academic Editor: Myra McClure
Copyright © 2011 Brendan Oakes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Roger Y. Dodd, John Hackett Jr, Jeffrey M. Linnen, Kerri Dorsey, Yanyun Wu, Shimian Zou, Xiaoxing Qiu, Priscilla Swanson, Gerald Schochetman, Kui Gao, James M. Carrick, David E. Krysztof, and Susan L. Stramer, “Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus does not pose a risk to blood recipient safety,” Transfusion, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 298–306, 2011.
- Krista Delviks-Frankenberry, Oya Cingöz, John M Coffin, and Vinay K Pathak, “Recombinant origin, contamination, and de-discovery of XMRV,” Current Opinion in Virology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 499–507, 2012.
- Brian D. Halligan, Hai-Yuan Sun, Vladimir M. Kushnaryov, and Sidney E. Grossberg, “Partial molecular cloning of the JHK retrovirus using gammaretrovirus consensus PCR primers,” Future Virology, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 507–520, 2013.
- Simone A. Glynn, Michael P. Busch, Roger Y. Dodd, Louis M. Katz, Susan L. Stramer, Harvey G. Klein, Graham Simmons, Steven H. Kleinman, and Susan B. Shurin, “Emerging infectious agents and the nation's blood supply: responding to potential threats in the 21st century,” Transfusion, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 438–454, 2013.
- Simin D. Rezaei, Anna C. Hearps, John Mills, John Pedersen, and Gilda Tachedjian, “No association between XMRV or related gammaretroviruses in Australian prostate cancer patients,” Virology Journal, vol. 10, 2013.
- Maribel Arias, and Hung Fan, “The saga of XMRV: a virus that infects human cells but is not a human virus,” Emerging Microbes & Infections, vol. 3, 2014.