- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Virology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 803535, 8 pages
Resistance of Subtype C HIV-1 Strains to Anti-V3 Loop Antibodies
1Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine (NYSoM), New York, NY 10016, USA
2Public Health Research Institute and New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
3Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine (NYSoM), New York, NY 10016, USA
Received 19 October 2011; Accepted 2 January 2012
Academic Editor: Domenico Genovese
Copyright © 2012 David Almond et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Karlen G. Gazarian, Yadira Palacios-Rodríguez, Tatiana G. Gazarian, and Leonor Huerta, “HIV-1 V3 loop crown epitope-focused mimotope selection by patient serum from random phage display libraries: Implications for the epitope structural features,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 148–156, 2013.
- Wuze Ren, Alexandra Mumbauer, Agegnehu Gettie, Michael S. Seaman, Kasi Russell-Lodrigue, James Blanchard, Susan Westmoreland, and Cecilia Cheng-Mayer, “Generation of Lineage-Related, Mucosally Transmissible Subtype C R5 Simian-Human Immunodeficiency Viruses Capable of AIDS Development, Induction of Neurological Disease, and Coreceptor Switching in Rhesus Macaques,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 6137–6149, 2013.
- Michael S. Seaman, Miroslaw K. Gorny, Naveet Wig, Phillipe Nyambi, Susan Zolla-Pazner, Constance Williams, Raiees Andrabi, Xiao-Hong Wang, Alok K. Choudhary, Kalpana Luthra, Liuzhe Li, Ashutosh Biswas, and Arthur Nadas, “Cross-neutralizing activity of human anti-V3 monoclonal antibodies derived from non-B clade HIV-1 infected individuals,” Virology, vol. 439, no. 2, pp. 81–88, 2013.
- Savrina Manhas, Dennis Chau, Caitlin Rempel, Brenda E. Clark, Kate Auyeung, and Ralph Pantophlet, “The presence of glutamine at position 315 but not epitope masking predominantly hinders HIV subtype C neutralization by the anti-V3 antibody B4e8,” Virology, vol. 462-463, pp. 98–106, 2014.
- Aidy Salomon, Chavdar Krachmarov, Zhong Lai, William Honnen, Barry S. Zingman, Julie Sarlo, Miroslaw K. Gorny, Susan Zolla-Pazner, James E. Robinson, and Abraham Pinter, “Specific sequences commonly found in the V3 domain of HIV-1 subtype C isolates affect the overall conformation of native Env and induce a neutralization-resistant phenotype independent of V1/V2 masking,” Virology, vol. 448, pp. 363–374, 2014.