- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Virology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 878237, 7 pages
Transmitted Drug Resistance among People Living with HIV/Aids at Major Cities of Sao Paulo State, Brazil
1Laboratório de Retrovírus, Centro de Virologia, Instituto Adolfo Lutz, Avenue Dr. Arnaldo 355, 01246-902 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
2Centro de Referência em DST/Aids, 13013-051 Campinas, SP, Brazil
3Centro de Referência e Treinamento em DST/Aids, 04121-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 21 November 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Michael Bukrinsky
Copyright © 2013 Joao Leandro Paula Ferreira et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Petrella, B. Brenner, H. Loemba, and M. A. Wainberg, “HIV drug resistance and implications for the introduction of antiretroviral therapy in resource-poor countries,” Drug Resistance Updates, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 339–346, 2001.
- WHO HIV Drug Resistance Report, 2012, http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/75183/1/9789241503938_eng.pdf.
- M. Wadman, “Experts clash over likely impact of cheap AIDS drugs in africa,” Nature, vol. 410, no. 6829, pp. 615–616, 2001.
- E. Sprinz, E. M. Netto, M. Patelli et al., “Primary antiretroviral drug resistance among HIV type 1-infected individuals in Brazil,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 25, pp. 861–867, 2009.
- L. A. Inocencio, A. A. Pereira, M. C. Sucupira, et al., “Brazilian Network for HIV Drug Resistance Surveillance: a survey of individuals recently diagnosed with HIV,” Journal of the International AIDS Society, vol. 12, p. 20, 2009.
- J. L. De Paula Ferreira, M. Thomaz, R. Rodrigues et al., “Molecular characterisation of newly identified HIV-1 infections in Curitiba, Brazil: preponderance of clade C among males with recent infections,” Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 103, no. 8, pp. 800–808, 2008.
- R. Rodrigues, L. C. Scherer, C. M. Oliveira et al., “Low prevalence of primary antiretroviral resistance mutations and predominance of HIV-1 clade C at polymerase gene in newly diagnosed individuals from south Brazil,” Virus Research, vol. 116, no. 1-2, pp. 201–207, 2006.
- R. M. Brindeiro, R. S. Diaz, E. C. Sabino et al., “Brazilian Network for HIV Drug Resistance Surveillance (HIV-BResNet): a survey of chronically infected individuals,” AIDS, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1063–1069, 2003.
- B. C. Carvalho, L. P. V. Cardoso, S. Damasceno, and M. M. A. Stefani, “Moderate prevalence of transmitted drug resistan and interiorization of HIV type 1 subtype C in the Inland North State of Tocantins, Brazil,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 27, pp. 1081–1087, 2011.
- E. Arruda, L. Simões, C. Sucupira et al., “Short communication: intermediate prevalence of HIV type 1 primary antiretroviral resistance in Ceará State, Northeast Brazil,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 153–156, 2011.
- R. M. de Medeiros, D. M. Junqueira, M. C. Matte, N. T. Barcellos, J. A. Chies, and S. E. M. Almeida, “Co-circulation HIV-1 subtypes B, C, and CRF31_BC in a drug-naïve population from Southernmost Brazil: analysis of primary resistance mutations,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 83, pp. 1682–1688, 2001.
- T. Gräf, C. P. Passaes, L. G. Ferreira et al., “HIV-1 genetic diversity and drug resistance among treatment naïve patients from Southern Brazil: an association of HIV-1 subtypes with exposure categories,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 51, pp. 186–191, 2011.
- R. W. Shafer, S. Y. Rhee, D. Pillay et al., “HIV-1 protease and reverse transcriptase mutations for drug resistance surveillance,” AIDS, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 215–223, 2007.
- V. A. Johnson, V. Calvez, H. F. Günthard et al., “2011 update of the drug resistance mutations in HIV-1,” Topics in Antiviral Medicine, vol. 19, pp. 156–164, 2011.
- A. M. Lança, J. K. B. Colares, J. L. P. Ferreira et al., “HIV-1 tropism and CD4 T lymphocyte recovery in a prospective cohort of patients initiating HAART in Ribeirão Preto, Brazil,” Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 107, pp. 96–101, 2012.
- L. F. M. Brígido, J. L. P. Ferreira, V. C. Almeida, et al., “Southern Brazil HIV type 1 C expansion into the State of São Paulo, Brazil,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, vol. 27, pp. 339–344, 2011.
- W. A. Eyer-Silva and M. G. Morgado, “Autochthonous horizontal transmission of a CRF02_AG strain revealed by a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 diversity survey in a small city in inner state of Rio de Janeiro, Southeast Brazil,” Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 809–815, 2007.
- M. Pingen, M. Nijhuis, J. A. de Bruijn, C. A. B. Boucher, and A. M. J. Wensing, “Evolutionary pathways of transmitted drug-resistant HIV-1,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 1467–1480, 2011.