- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 901716, 10 pages
Metal-Based Biologically Active Compounds: Synthesis, Spectral, and Antimicrobial Studies of Cobalt, Nickel, Copper, and Zinc Complexes of Triazole-Derived Schiff Bases
1Department of Chemistry, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra 136 119, India
2Department of Microbiology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra 136 119, India
Received 19 July 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editor: Nick Katsaros
Copyright © 2011 Kiran Singh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. H. Chohan and C. T. Supuran, “In-vitro antibacterial and cytotoxic activity of cobalt (II), copper (II), nickel (II) and zinc (II) complexes of the antibiotic drug cephalothin (keflin),” Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 463–468, 2005.
- K. Singh, Y. Kumar, and R. K. Pundir, “Synthesis and characterization of biologically active organosilicon(IV) complexes with Schiff bases derived from o-aminothiophenol,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic and Nano-Metal Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 836–842, 2010.
- A. Altundas, S. Nursen, N. Colak, and H. Ogutchi, “Synthesis and biological activity of new cycloalkylthiophene-Schiff bases and their Cr(III) and Zn(II) complexes,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 576–588, 2010.
- A. D. Garnovskii, I. S. Vasilchenko, D. A. Garnovskii, and B. I. Kharisov, “Molecular design of mononuclear complexes of acyclic Schiff-base ligands,” Journal of Coordination Chemistry, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 151–204, 2009.
- F. Heshmatpour, M. Ghassemzadeh, S. Bahemmat, J. Malakootikhah, B. Neumüller, and A. Rothenberger, “Synthesis, characterization and molecular structure of a new tetrameric palladium(II) complex containing schiff-bases derived from AMTTO (AMTTO = 4-amino-6-methyl-1,2,4-triazine-thione-5-one),” Zeitschrift fur Anorganische und Allgemeine Chemie, vol. 633, no. 8, pp. 1178–1182, 2007.
- A. Nuria, I. Cabeza, A. Rosario, V. Y. Alvarez, K. Akdi, and M. Carretero, “Synthesis, structure and biological activity of a new and efficient Cd(II)–uracil derivative complex system for cleavage of DNA,” Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 924–934, 2005.
- G. Turan-Zitouni, Z. A. Kaplancikli, M. T. Yildiz, P. Chevallet, and D. Kaya, “Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of 4-phenyl/cyclohexyl-5-(1- phenoxyethyl)-3-[N-(2-thiazolyl)acetamido]thio-4H-1,2,4-triazole derivatives,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 607–613, 2005.
- K. Walczak, A. Gondela, and J. Suwin' ski, “Synthesis and anti-tuberculosis activity of N-aryl-C-nitroazoles,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 849–853, 2004.
- A. T. Mavrova, D. Wesselinova, Y. A. Tsenov, and P. Denkova, “Synthesis, cytotoxicity and effects of some 1,2,4-triazole and 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives on immunocompetent cells,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 2009.
- Y. A. Al-Soud, N. A. Al-Masoudi, and A. E. R. S. Ferwanah, “Synthesis and properties of new substituted 1,2,4-triazoles: potential antitumor agents,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1701–1708, 2003.
- A. Almasirad, S. A. Tabatabai, M. Faizi et al., “Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of new 2-substituted-5-[2-(2- fluorophenoxy)phenyl]-1,3,4-oxadiazoles and 1,2,4-triazoles,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 14, no. 24, pp. 6057–6059, 2004.
- M. Amir and K. Shikha, “Synthesis and anti-inflammatory, analgesic, ulcerogenic and lipid peroxidation activities of some new 2-[(2,6-dichloroanilino) phenyl]acetic acid derivatives,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 535–545, 2004.
- C. D. Brandt, J. A. Kitchen, U. Beckmann, N. G. White, G. B. Jameson, and S. Brooker, “Synthesis and structures of 3,5-disubstituted 1,2,4-triazole head units and incorporation of 3,5-dibenzoyl-1,2,4-triazolate into new [2 + 2] Schiff-base macrocyclic complexes,” Supramolecular Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 17–27, 2007.
- O. Bekircan and H. Bektas, “Synthesis of new bis-1,2,4-triazole derivatives,” Molecules, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 469–477, 2006.
- A. I. Vogel, A Text Book of Quantitative Chemical Analysis, Longmans, Addison Wesley, London, UK, 1999.
- S. Bala, R. P. Gupta, M. L. Sachdeva, A. Singh, and H. K. Pujari, “Heterocyclic systems containing bridgehead nitrogen atom: part XXXIII—synthesis of s-Triazolo [3,4-b][1,3,4] thiadiazine, s-triazolo-[3,4-b][1,3,4]thiadiazino[6,7-b] quinoxaline & as-triazino-[3,4-b] [1,3,4] thiadiazines,” Indian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 16, pp. 481–483, 1978.
- K. R. Aneja, C. Sharma, and R. Joshi, “Fungal infection of the ear: a common problem in the north eastern part of Haryana,” International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 604–607, 2010.
- I. Ahmad and A. Z. Beg, “Antimicrobial and phytochemical studies on 45 Indian medicinal plants against multi-drug resistant human pathogens,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 113–123, 2001.
- J. M. Andrews, “Determination of minimum inhibitory concentrations,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 5–16, 2001.
- M. I. Okeke, C. U. Iroegbu, E. N. Eze, A. S. Okoli, and C. O. Esimone, “Evaluation of extracts of the root of Landolphia owerrience for antibacterial activity,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 78, no. 2-3, pp. 119–127, 2001.
- S. K. S. Al-Burtamani, M. O. Fatope, R. G. Marwah, A. K. Onifade, and S. H. Al-Saidi, “Chemical composition, antibacterial and antifungal activities of the essential oil of Haplophyllum tuberculatum from Oman,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 96, no. 1-2, pp. 107–112, 2005.
- K. Singh, D. P. Singh, M. S. Barwa, P. Tyagi, and Y. Mirza, “Antibacterial Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) complexes of Schiff bases derived from fluorobenzaldehyde and triazoles,” Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 557–562, 2006.
- K. Singh, M. S. Barwa, and P. Tyagi, “Synthesis, characterization and biological studies of Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) complexes with bidentate Schiff bases derived by heterocyclic ketone,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 147–153, 2006.
- A. D. Kulkarni, S. A. Patil, V. H. Naik, and P. S. Badami, “DNA cleavage and antimicrobial investigation of Co(II), Ni(II), and Cu(II) complexes with triazole schiff base: synthesis and spectral characterization,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 346–354, 2011.
- K. Singh, D. P. Singh, M. S. Barwa, P. Tyagi, and Y. Mirza, “Some bivalent metal complexes of Schiff bases containing N and S donor atoms,” Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 749–755, 2006.
- G. B. Bagihalli, S. A. Patil, and P. S. Badami, “Synthesis, physicochemical investigation and biological studies of zinc(II) complexes with 1,2,4-triazole schiff bases,” Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 259–270, 2009.
- P. G. Avaji, S. A. Patil, and P. S. Badami, “Synthesis, spectral, thermal, solid state d.c. electrical conductivity and biological studies of Co(II), Ni(II) and Cu(II) complexes with 3-substituted-4-amino (indole-3-aldehydo)-5-mercapto-1,2,4-triazole Schiff bases,” Journal of Coordination Chemistry, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 1884–1896, 2008.
- F. A. Cotton, G. Williknson, C. A. Murillo, and M. Bochman, Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 2003.
- A. K. Patra, S. Dhar, M. Nethaji, and A. R. Chakravarty, “Metal-assisted red light-induced DNA cleavage by ternary L-methionine copper(II) complexes of planar heterocyclic bases,” Dalton Transactions, no. 5, pp. 896–902, 2005.
- A. B. P. Lever, Inorganic Spectroscopy, Elsvier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1968.
- A. H. Osman, M. S. Saleh, and M. M. Sanaa, “Synthesis, characterization, and photochemical studies of some copper complexes of schiff bases derived from 3-hydrazino-6-methyl[1,2,4]triazin-5(4H) one,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1069–1085, 2004.
- O. I. Singh, M. Damayanti, N. R. Singh, R. K. H. Singh, M. Mohapatra, and R. M. Kadam, “Synthesis, EPR and biological activities of bis(1-n-butylamidino-O-alkylurea)copper(II)chloride complexes: EPR evidence for binuclear complexes in frozen DMF solution,” Polyhedron, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 909–916, 2005.
- Y. Anjaneyulu and R. P. Rao, “Preparation, characterization and antimicrobial activity studies on some ternary complexes of Cu(II) with acetyl acetone and various salicylic acids,” Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nano-Metal Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 257–272, 1986.
- N. Dharmaraj, P. Viswanathamurthi, and K. Natarajan, “Ruthenium(II) complexes containing bidentate Schiff bases and their antifungal activity,” Transition Metal Chemistry, vol. 26, no. 1-2, pp. 105–109, 2001.