- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 12129, 3 pages
Interplay Between Oxidative Damage, Protein Synthesis, and Protein Degradation in Alzheimer's Disease
Anatomy and Neurobiology, Sanders Brown Center on
Aging, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Received 4 November 2005; Revised 31 January 2006; Accepted 1 February 2006
Copyright © 2006 Jeffrey N. Keller. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- C. Koidl, M. Greilberger, M. Lamprecht, K. Schroecksnadel, F. Leblhuber, D. Fuchs, and K. Oettl, “Malondialdehyde, carbonyl proteins and albumin-disulphide as useful oxidati ve markers in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease,” Free Radical Research, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 633–638, 2008.
- Lucia Račková, Vladimír Šnirc, Tobias Jung, Milan Štefek, Cimen Karasu, and Tilman Grune, “Metabolism-induced oxidative stress is a mediator of glucose toxicity in HT22 neuronal cells,” Free Radical Research, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 876–886, 2009.
- Olivier C. Maes, Howard M. Chertkow, Eugenia Wang, and Hyman M. SChipper, “MicroRNA: Implications for Alzheimer disease and other human CNS disorders,” Current Genomics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 154–168, 2009.
- Orest Hurko, Kurt Boudonck, Cathleen Gonzales, Zoe A. Hughes, J. Steve Jacobsen, Peter H. Reinhart, and Daniel Crowther, “Ablation of the Locus Coeruleus Increases Oxidative Stress in Tg-2576 Transgenic but Not Wild-Type Mice,” International Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 2010, pp. 1–13, 2010.
- B C M Stephan, S Hunter, D Harris, D J Llewellyn, M Siervo, F E Matthews, and C Brayne, “The neuropathological profile of mild cognitive impairment (MCI): a systematic review,” Molecular Psychiatry, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 1056–1076, 2011.
- Russell H. Swerdlow, “Mitochondria and Cell Bioenergetics: Increasingly Recognized Components and a Possible Etiologic Cause of Alzheimer's Disease,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1434–1455, 2012.
- Deepa Kumari, Neena Nair, and Ranveer Singh Bedwal, “Protein carbonyl, 3β-, and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases in testes and serum FSH, LH, and testosterone levels in zinc deficient Wistar rats,” BioFactors, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 234–239, 2012.
- Lian-Feng Lin, Min-Jing Liao, Xiao-Yan Xue, Wei Zhang, Li Yan, Liang Cai, Xiao-Wen Zhou, Xing Zhou, and Huan-Min Luo, “Combination of Aβ clearance and neurotrophic factors as a potential treatment for Alzheimer’s disease,” Neuroscience Bulletin, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 111–120, 2012.
- Shimon P. Francis, Joshua Katz, Kathryn D. Fanning, Kimberly A. Harris, Brian D. Nicholas, Michael Lacy, James Pagana, Paul F. Agris, and Jung-Bum Shin, “A novel role of cytosolic protein synthesis inhibition in aminoglycoside ototoxicity,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 3079–3093, 2013.