- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 19365, 4 pages
Mechanisms of Neuronal Death in Synucleinopathy
1Department of Neurology, Center for Asian Traditional Medicine Research, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 1-1 Seiryomachi, AobakuSendai 980-8574, Japan
2Department of Geriatric and Complementary Medicine, Center for Asian Traditional Medicine Research, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, 1-1 Seiryomachi, Aobaku 980-8574, Sendai, Japan
Received 1 December 2005; Accepted 20 March 2006
Copyright © 2006 Atsushi Takeda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kyoko Suzuki, Eizo Iseki, Takashi Togo, Akira Yamaguchi, Omi Katsuse, Kayoko Katsuyama, Seiichi Kanzaki, Kazumasa Shiozaki, Chiaki Kawanishi, Sumimasa Yamashita, Yukichi Tanaka, Shoji Yamanaka, and Yoshio Hirayasu, “Neuronal and glial accumulation of α- and β-synucleins in human lipidoses,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 481–489, 2007.
- A. Kikuchi, T. Miyagi, T. Hasegawa, A. Takeda, M. Matsuzaki-Kobayashi, K. Furukawa, N. Sugeno, and Y. Itoyama, “Role of Neu4L sialidase and its substrate ganglioside GD3 in neuronal apoptosis induced by catechol metabolites,” Movement Disorders, vol. 22, pp. S20–S21, 2007.
- M. Jammal, H. Ghnaya, M. Gain, K.-P. Tiev, S. Permal, L. Josselin-Mahr, J. Cabane, and A. Kettaneh, “Une inclinaison du tronc,” La Revue de Médecine Interne, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 658–659, 2008.
- Naoto Sugeno, Atsushi Takeda, Takafumi Hasegawa, Michiko Kobayashi, Akio Kikuchi, Fumiaki Mori, Koichi Wakabayashi, and Yasuto Itoyama, “Serine 129 phosphorylation of alpha-synuclein induces unfolded protein response-mediated cell death,” Journal Of Biological Chemistry, vol. 283, no. 34, pp. 23179–23188, 2008.
- Rahimi, Shanmugam, and Bitan, “Structure-function relationships of pre-fibrillar protein assemblies in Alzheimer's disease and related disorders,” Current Alzheimer Research, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 319–341, 2008.
- Fernando E. Herrera, Alessandra Chesi, Katerina E. Paleologou, Adrian Schmid, Adriana Munoz, Michele Vendruscolo, Stefano Gustincich, Hilal A. Lashuel, and Paolo Carloni, “Inhibition of alpha-Synuclein Fibrillization by Dopamine Is Mediated by Interactions with Five C-Terminal Residues and with E83 in the NAC Region,” Plos One, vol. 3, no. 10, 2008.
- Zhi Dong Zhou, Sze Yen Kerk, Gao Gao Xiong, and Tit Meng Lim, “Dopamine auto-oxidation aggravates non-apoptotic cell death induced by over-expression of human A53T mutant alpha-synuclein in dopaminergic PC12 cells,” Journal Of Neurochemistry, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 601–610, 2009.
- Takafumi Hasegawa, Toru Baba, Michiko Kobayashi, Masatoshi Konno, Naoto Sugeno, Akio Kikuchi, Yasuto Itoyama, and Atsushi Takeda, “Role of TPPP/p25 on α-synuclein-mediated oligodendroglial degeneration and the protective effect of SIRT2 inhibition in a cellular model of multiple system atrophy,” Neurochemistry International, vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 857–866, 2010.
- Florian Bayersdorfer, Aaron Voigt, Stephan Schneuwly, and José A. Botella, “Dopamine-dependent neurodegeneration in Drosophila models of familial and sporadic Parkinson's disease,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 113–119, 2010.
- Napolitano, Manini, and D'Ischia, “Oxidation chemistry of catecholamines and neuronal degeneration: An update,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1832–1845, 2011.
- Takafumi Hasegawa, Masatoshi Konno, Toru Baba, Naoto Sugeno, Akio Kikuchi, Michiko Kobayashi, Emiko Miura, Nobuyuki Tanaka, Keiichi Tamai, Katsutoshi Furukawa, Hiroyuki Arai, Fumiaki Mori, Koichi Wakabayashi, Masashi Aoki, Yasuto Itoyama, and Atsushi Takeda, “The AAA-ATPase VPS4 Regulates Extracellular Secretion and Lysosomal Targeting of alpha-Synuclein,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 12, 2011.
- Nynke Oosterhof, Dorine W. Dekens, Tjitske F. Lawerman, and Mirjan van Dijk, “Yet Another Role for SIRT1: Reduction of alpha-Synuclein Aggregation in Stressed Neurons,” Journal Of Neuroscience, vol. 32, no. 19, pp. 6413–6414, 2012.
- Gizem Donmez, Anirudh Arun, Chee-Yeun Chung, Pamela J. McLean, Susan Lindquist, and Leonard Guarente, “SIRT1 Protects against alpha-Synuclein Aggregation by Activating Molecular Chaperones,” Journal Of Neuroscience, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 124–132, 2012.
- Sangram S. Parelkar, Juan G. Cadena, Chul Kim, Zhaohui Wang, Rachel Sugal, Brooke Bentley, Luis Moral, Helen C. Ardley, and Lawrence M. Schwartz, “The Parkin-Like Human Homolog of Drosophila Ariadne-1 (HHARI) Can Induce Aggresome Formation in Mammalian Cells and Is Immunologically Detectable in Lewy Bodies,” Journal Of Molecular Neuroscience, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 109–121, 2012.
- Masatoshi Konno, Yasuto Itoyama, Atsushi Takeda, Takafumi Hasegawa, Toru Baba, Emiko Miura, Naoto Sugeno, Akio Kikuchi, Fabienne C Fiesel, Tsutomu Sasaki, and Masashi Aoki, “Suppression of dynamin GTPase decreases -synuclein uptake by neuronal and oligodendroglial cells: A potent therapeutic target for synucleinopathy,” Molecular Neurodegeneration, vol. 7, no. 1, 2012.
- Takafumi Hasegawa, Akio Kikuchi, and Atsushi Takeda, “Pathogenesis of multiple system atrophy,” Neurology and Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 189–194, 2013.
- M. Gasperi, and A. E. Castellano, “Growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor I axis in neurodegenerative diseases,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 587–591, 2014.