- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 65741, 10 pages
HIV Neurotoxicity: Potential Therapeutic Interventions
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology and Department of Forensic Sciences, Center for Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Tulsa, OK 74107-1898, USA
Received 1 December 2005; Revised 21 February 2006; Accepted 27 February 2006
Copyright © 2006 David R. Wallace. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Antoine Moulignier, “Dementia complex due to HIV disease and aging,” Psychologie & Neuropsychiatrie Du Vieillissement, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 193–207, 2007.
- Jennifer M Pocock, and Helmut Kettenmann, “Neurotransmitter receptors on microglia,” Trends in Neurosciences, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 527–535, 2007.
- Ruma Mukerjee, Satish L. Deshmane, Shongshan Fan, Luis Del Valle, Martyn K. White, Kamel Khalili, and Shohreh Amini, “Involvement of the p53 and p73 transcription factors in neuroAIDS,” Cell Cycle, vol. 7, no. 17, pp. 2682–2690, 2008.
- Mark J. Ferris, Charles F. Mactutus, and Rosemarie M. Booze, “Neurotoxic profiles of HIV, psychostimulant drugs of abuse, and their concerted effect on the brain: Current status of dopamine system vulnerability in NeuroAIDS,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 883–909, 2008.
- Bin Hui, Jing Li, and Mei Yu Geng, “Sulfated polymannuroguluronate, a novel anti-acquired immune deficiency syndrome drug candidate, decreased vulnerability of PC12 cells to human immunodeficiency virus tat protein through attenuating calcium overload,” Journal Of Neuroscience Research, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 1169–1177, 2008.
- S. Jajoo, D. Mukherjea, G.J. Brewer, and V. Ramkumar, “Pertussis toxin B-oligomer suppresses human immunodeficiency virus-1 Tat-induced neuronal apoptosis through feedback inhibition of phospholipase C-β by protein kinase C,” Neuroscience, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 525–532, 2008.
- Marina V. Aksenova, Michael Y. Aksenov, Sheila M. Adams, Charles F. Mactutus, and Rosemarie M. Booze, “Neuronal survival and resistance to HIV-1 Tat toxicity in the primary culture of rat fetal neurons,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 215, no. 2, pp. 253–263, 2009.
- Sheila M. Adams, Marina V. Aksenova, Michael Y. Aksenov, Charles F. Mactutus, and Rosemarie M. Booze, “ER-β mediates 17β-estradiol attenuation of HIV-1 Tat-induced apoptotic signaling,” Synapse, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 829–838, 2010.
- Liang Hui, Xuesong Chen, Dhaval Bhatt, Nicholas H. Geiger, Thad A. Rosenberger, Norman J. Haughey, Susan A. Masino, and Jonathan D. Geiger, “Ketone bodies protection against HIV-1 Tat-induced neurotoxicity,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 382–391, 2012.
- Liang Hui, Xuesong Chen, Norman J. Haughey, and Jonathan D. Geiger, “Role of endolysosomes in HIV-1 Tat-induced neurotoxicity,” Asn Neuro, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 243–252, 2012.
- Sudheesh Pilakka-Kanthikeel, Venkata Subba Rao Atluri, Vidya Sagar, and Madhavan Nair, “Targeted Brain Derived Neurotropic Factors (BDNF) Delivery across the Blood-Brain Barrier for Neuro-Protection Using Magnetic Nano Carriers: An In-Vitro Study,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 4, 2013.