- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2006 (2006), Article ID 74539, 5 pages
Tau Phosphorylation, Aggregation, and Cell Toxicity
Centro de Biología Molecular “Severo Ochoa”, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Campus
de Cantoblanco, Madrid 28049, Spain
Received 28 November 2005; Revised 16 December 2005; Accepted 3 January 2006
Copyright © 2006 J. Avila et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kourosh Shahpasand, Shahin Ahmadian, and Gholam H. Riazi, “A possible mechanism for controlling processive transport by microtubule-associated proteins,” Neuroscience Research, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 347–350, 2008.
- Anja Schneider, and Eckhard Mandelkow, “Tau-Based Treatment Strategies in Neurodegenerative Diseases,” Neurotherapeutics, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 443–457, 2008.
- Jian-Zhi Wang, and Fei Liu, “Microtubule-associated protein tau in development, degeneration and protection of neurons,” Progress in Neurobiology, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 148–175, 2008.
- Dick Terwel, David Muyllaert, Ilse Dewachter, Peter Borghgraef, Sophie Croes, Herman Devijver, and Fred Van Leuven, “Amyloid Activates GSK-3β to Aggravate Neuronal Tauopathy in Bigenic Mice,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 786–798, 2008.
- D. Muyllaert, A. Kremer, T. Jaworski, P. Borghgraef, H. Devijver, S. Croes, I. Dewachter, and F. Van Leuven, “Glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta, or a link between amyloid and tau pathology?,” Genes Brain And Behavior, vol. 7, pp. 57–66, 2008.
- Wenkai Li, Jeffrey B. Sperry, Alex Crowe, John Q. Trojanowski, Amos B. Smith, and Virginia M. -Y. Lee, “Inhibition of tau fibrillization by oleocanthal via reaction with the amino groups of tau,” Journal Of Neurochemistry, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 1339–1351, 2009.
- Tobias Jung, Betuel Catalgol, and Tilman Grune, “The proteasomal system,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 191–296, 2009.
- Brooke D. Lazarus, Dona C. Love, and John A. Hanover, “O-GlcNAc cycling: Implications for neurodegenerative disorders,” The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2134–2146, 2009.
- Kurt R. Brunden, John Q. Trojanowski, and Virginia M. -Y. Lee, “Advances in tau-focused drug discovery for Alzheimer's disease and related tauopathies,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 783–793, 2009.
- Yong-Jie Zhang, Tania F. Gendron, Ya-Fei Xu, Li-Wen Ko, Shu-Hui Yen, and Leonard Petrucelli, “Phosphorylation regulates proteasomal-mediated degradation and solubility of TAR DNA binding protein-43 C-terminal fragments,” Molecular Neurodegeneration, vol. 5, 2010.
- Juliana Bender Hoppe, Rudimar Luiz Frozza, Ana Paula Horn, Ricardo Argenta Comiran, Andressa Bernardi, Maria Martha Campos, Ana Maria Oliveira Battastini, and Christianne Salbego, “ Amyloid-β neurotoxicity in organotypic culture is attenuated by melatonin: involvement of GSK-3β, tau and neuroinflammation ,” Journal of Pineal Research, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 230–238, 2010.
- Lijie Feng, Yuxian Shen, Aimin Sun, Yujun Shen, Shengyun Fang, and Jun Li, “Endoplasmic reticulum stress is involved in okadaic acid-induced tau phosphorylation and neurotoxic effects of okadaic acid,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 5, no. 20, pp. 1534–1540, 2010.
- Juan Perucho, Isabel Rubio, Maria J. Casarejos, Ana Gomez, Jose A. Rodriguez-Navarro, Rosa M. Solano, Justo Garcia De Yébenes, and Maria A. Mena, “Anesthesia with isoflurane increases amyloid pathology in mice models of Alzheimer'S disease,” Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 1245–1257, 2010.
- Virginia M-Y. Lee, Kurt R. Brunden, Michael Hutton, and John Q. Trojanowski, “Developing Therapeutic Approaches to Tau, Selected Kinases, and Related Neuronal Protein Targets,” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Medicine, vol. 1, no. 1, 2011.
- Martin Loef, Gerhard N. Schrauzer, and Harald Walach, “Selenium and Alzheimer's Disease: A Systematic Review,” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 81–104, 2011.
- Nicholas M. Kanaan, Gustavo F. Pigino, Scott T. Brady, Orly Lazarov, Lester I. Binder, and Gerardo A. Morfini, “Axonal degeneration in Alzheimer's disease: When signaling abnormalities meet the axonal transport system,” Experimental Neurology, 2012.
- Jürgen Götz, Arne Ittner, and Lars M Ittner, “Tau-targeted treatment strategies in Alzheimer's disease,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 165, no. 5, pp. 1246–1259, 2012.
- Jian-Zhi Wang, Yi-Yuan Xia, Inge Grundke-Iqbal, and Khalid Iqbal, “Abnormal hyperphosphorylation of tau: Sites, regulation, and molecular mechanism of neurofibrillary degeneration,” Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. S123–S139, 2013.
- Cuyue Tang, and Devin F. Welty, “A dynamic view to the modulation of phosphorylation and O-GlcNAcylation by inhibition of O-GlcNAcase,” Computational Biology and Chemistry, vol. 45, pp. 9–16, 2013.