- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 29464, 10 pages
Bioengineering of Improved Biomaterials Coatings for Extracorporeal Circulation Requires Extended Observation of Blood-Biomaterial Interaction under Flow
1Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Academic Hospital Maastricht, P.O. Box 5800, Maastricht 6200 MD, The Netherlands
2Centre for Biomaterials Research, University of Maastricht, P.O. Box 616, Maastricht 6200 MD, The Netherlands
Received 3 April 2007; Revised 4 July 2007; Accepted 3 December 2007
Academic Editor: John L. McGregor
Copyright © 2007 Kris N. J. Stevens et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kris N. Stevens, Menno L. Knetsch, Ayusman Sen, Varun Sambhy, and Leo H. Koole, “Disruption and Activation of Blood Platelets in Contact with an Antimicrobial Composite Coating Consisting of a Pyridinium Polymer and AgBr Nanoparticles,” Acs Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 2049–2054, 2009.
- Stanley J. Stachelek, Matthew J. Finley, Ivan S. Alferiev, Fengxiang Wang, Richard K. Tsai, Edward C. Eckells, Nancy Tomczyk, Jeanne M. Connolly, Dennis E. Discher, David M. Eckmann, and Robert J. Levy, “The effect of CD47 modified polymer surfaces on inflammatory cell attachment and activation,” Biomaterials, vol. 32, no. 19, pp. 4317–4326, 2011.
- Dong Liu, Tong Li, Mei-Li Yu, Xiao-Min Hu, Da-Wei Duan, and Xin Li, “Cross-linked alginate/heparin coated cardiopulmonary bypass support device,” Journal of Clinical Rehabilitative Tissue Engineering Research, vol. 15, no. 21, pp. 3855–3858, 2011.
- E. M. Srokowski, P. H. Blit, W. G. McClung, J. L. Brash, J. P. Santerre, and K. A. Woodhouse, “Platelet Adhesion and Fibrinogen Accretion on a Family of Elastin-Like Polypeptides,” Journal Of Biomaterials Science-Polymer Edition, vol. 22, no. 1-3, pp. 41–57, 2011.
- Christophe Blaszykowski, Sonia Sheikh, and Michael Thompson, “Surface chemistry to minimize fouling from blood-based fluids,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 41, no. 17, pp. 5599, 2012.
- Ceren Avci, Sonia Sheikh, Christophe Blaszykowski, and Michael Thompson, “Critical role of surface hydration on the dynamics of serum adsorption studied with monoethylene glycol adlayers on gold,” Chemical Communications, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 466, 2013.
- W. van Oeveren, “Obstacles in Haemocompatibility Testing,” Scientifica, vol. 2013, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Kiril Fedorov, Christophe Blaszykowski, Sonia Sheikh, Adili Reheman, Alexander Romaschin, Heyu Ni, and Michael Thompson, “Prevention of Thrombogenesis from Whole Human Blood on Plastic Polymer by Ultrathin Monoethylene Glycol Silane Adlayer,” Langmuir, pp. 140313101922009, 2014.
- Christophe Blaszykowski, Sonia Sheikh, and Michael Thompson, “Biocompatibility and antifouling: is there really a link?,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 61–62, 2014.
- Christophe Blaszykowski, Sonia Sheikh, and Michael Thompson, “A survey of state-of-the-art surface chemistries to minimize fouling from human and animal biofluids,” Biomater. Sci., vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 1335–1370, 2015.
- Jillian E. Tengood, Robert J. Levy, and Stanley J. Stachelek, “The use of CD47-modified biomaterials to mitigate the immune response,” Experimental Biology And Medicine, vol. 241, no. 10, pp. 1033–1041, 2016.