- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 41705, 6 pages
Expression of VE-Cadherin in Peritubular Endothelial Cells during Acute Rejection after Human Renal Transplantation
1INSERM U331/EA 3740, Faculté de Médecine RTH Laennec, 8 rue Guillaume Paradin, Lyon 69003, France
2Department of Cardiac Transplantation, Hôpital Cardiologique Louis Pradel, 28 avenue du Doyen Lépine, Lyon 69003, France
3Department of Pathology, Hôpital Edouard Herriot, 5 place d'Arsonval, Lyon 69003, France
4Department of Pathology, Hôpital Cardiologique Louis Pradel, 28 avenue du 4 Doyen Lépine, Lyon 69003, France
5Department of Nephrology, Hôpital Edouard Herriot, 5 place d'Arsonval, Lyon 69003, France
6Centre for Cardiovascular Biology & Medicine, King's College London, Strand WC2R 2LS, UK
Received 29 November 2006; Accepted 10 May 2007
Academic Editor: Abdelali Haoudi
Copyright © 2007 Ana Roussoulières et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Rose, “Endothelial cells as antigen-presenting cells: role in human transplant rejection,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 965–978, 1998.
- A. S. Daar, S. V. Fuggle, J. W. Fabre, A. Ting, and P. J. Morris, “The detailed distribution of MHC class II antigens in normal human organs,” Transplantation, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 293–298, 1984.
- M. L. Rose, M. I. Coles, R. J. Griffin, A. Pomerance, and M. H. Yacoub, “Expression of class I and class II major histocompatibility antigens in normal and transplanted human heart,” Transplantation, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 776–780, 1986.
- C. Page, M. Rose, M. Yacoub, and R. Pigott, “Antigenic heterogeneity of vascular endothelium,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 673–683, 1992.
- T. A. Springer, “Traffic signals for lymphocyte recirculation and leukocyte emigration: the multistep paradigm,” Cell, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 301–314, 1994.
- E. Dejana, M. Corada, and M. G. Lampugnani, “Endothelial cell-to-cell junctions,” The FASEB Journal, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 910–918, 1995.
- D. L. Simmons, C. Walker, C. Power, and R. Pigott, “Molecular cloning of CD31, a putative intercellular adhesion molecule closely related to carcinoembryonic antigen,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 171, no. 6, pp. 2147–2152, 1990.
- M. G. Lampugnani, M. Resnati, E. Dejana, and P. C. Marchisio, “The role of integrins in the maintenance of endothelial monolayer integrity,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 479–490, 1991.
- R. L. Heimark, M. Degner, and S. M. Schwartz, “Identification of a -dependent cell-cell adhesion molecule in endothelial cells,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 110, no. 5, pp. 1745–1756, 1990.
- S. Suzuki, K. Sano, and H. Tanihara, “Diversity of the cadherin family: evidence for eight new cadherins in nervous tissue,” Cell regulation, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 261–270, 1991.
- M. G. Lampugnani, M. Resnati, M. Raiteri, et al., “A novel endothelial-specific membrane protein is a marker of cell-cell contacts,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 118, no. 6, pp. 1511–1522, 1992.
- M. G. Lampugnani, M. Corada, L. Caveda, et al., “The molecular organization of endothelial cell to cell junctions: differential association of plakoglobin, -catenin, and -catenin with vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin),” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 203–217, 1995.
- R. Renkonen, J. P. Turunen, J. Rapola, and P. Hayry, “Characterization of high endothelial-like properties of peritubular capillary endothelium during acute renal allograft rejection,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 643–651, 1990.
- A. Roussoulières, O. Raisky, L. Chalabreysse, et al., “Identification and characterization of two genes (MIP-1, VE-cadherin) implicated in acute rejection in human heart transplantation—use of murine models in tandem with cDNA arrays,” Circulation, vol. 111, no. 20, pp. 2636–2644, 2005.
- L. C. Racusen, K. Solez, R. B. Colvin, et al., “The Banff 97 working classification of renal allograft pathology,” Kidney International, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 713–723, 1999.
- T. A. Springer, “Traffic signals on endothelium for lymphocyte recirculation and leukocyte emigration,” Annual Review of Physiology, vol. 57, pp. 827–872, 1995.
- S. D. Trocha, C. G. Kevil, M. C. Mancini, and J. S. Alexander, “Organ preservation solutions increase endothelial permeability and promote loss of junctional proteins,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 230, no. 1, pp. 105–113, 1999.
- M. Corada, F. Liao, M. Lindgren, et al., “Monoclonal antibodies directed to different regions of vascular endothelial cadherin extracellular domain affect adhesion and clustering of the protein and modulate endothelial permeability,” Blood, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 1679–1684, 2001.
- C. Bianchi, E. G. Araujo, K. Sato, and F. W. Sellke, “Biochemical and structural evidence for pig myocardium adherens junction disruption by cardiopulmonary bypass,” Circulation, vol. 104, supplement 1, pp. I319–I324, 2001.
- S. K. Shaw, P. S. Bamba, B. N. Perkins, and F. W. Luscinskas, “Real-time imaging of vascular endothelial-cadherin during leukocyte transmigration across endothelium,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 2323–2330, 2001.
- A. Del Maschio, A. Zanetti, M. Corada, et al., “Polymorphonuclear leukocyte adhesion triggers the disorganization of endothelial cell-to-cell adherens junctions,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 497–510, 1996.
- S. J. Weiss, “Tissue destruction by neutrophils,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 320, no. 6, pp. 365–376, 1989.
- E. C. Butcher, “Leukocyte-endothelial cell recognition: three (or more) steps to specificity and diversity,” Cell, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 1033–1036, 1991.
- D. H. Adams and S. Shaw, “Leucocyte-endothelial interactions and regulation of leucocyte migration,” Lancet, vol. 343, no. 8901, pp. 831–836, 1994.
- T. A. Sutton, H. E. Mang, S. B. Campos, R. M. Sandoval, M. C. Yoder, and B. A. Molitoris, “Injury of the renal microvascular endothelium alters barrier function after ischemia,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 285, no. 2, pp. F191–F198, 2003.
- C. Cerini, L. Dou, F. Anfosso, et al., “P-cresol, a uremic retention solute, alters the endothelial barrier function in vitro,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 140–150, 2004.