- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 65136, 8 pages
Effect of Fluid Shear Stress on Endocytosis of Heparan Sulfate and Low-density Lipoproteins
1Department of Biomedical Engineering, George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta 30332, GA, USA
2Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala 75123, Sweden
3Biotechnology and Genetics program, College of Natural Resources, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, VA, USA
Received 30 April 2007; Revised 9 October 2007; Accepted 11 December 2007
Academic Editor: Ali A. Khraibi
Copyright © 2007 Irmeli Barkefors et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bernard M. Van Den Berg, Jos A. E. Spaan, and Hans Vink, “Impaired glycocalyx barrier properties contribute to enhanced intimal low-density lipoprotein accumulation at the carotid artery bifurcation in mice,” Pflugers Archiv European Journal of Physiology, vol. 457, no. 6, pp. 1199–1206, 2009.
- A. D. van der Meer, K. Vermeul, A. A. Poot, J. Feijen, and I. Vermes, “Flow cytometric analysis of the uptake of low-density lipoprotein by endothelial cells in microfluidic channels,” Cytometry Part A, vol. 77A, no. 10, pp. 971–975, 2010.
- Kristina M. Giantsos-Adams, Andrew Jia-An Koo, Sukhyun Song, Jiro Sakai, Jagadish Sankaran, Jennifer H. Shin, Guillermo Garcia-Cardena, and C. Forbes Dewey Jr., “Heparan sulfate regrowth profiles under laminar shear flow following enzymatic degradation,” Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 160–174, 2013.
- Hongyan Kang, Lianwen Sun, Yunfei Huang, Zhenze Wang, Ping Zhao, Yubo Fan, and Xiaoyan Deng, “Regional specific adaptation of the endothelial glycocalyx dimension in tail-suspended rats,” Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology, 2014.
- Hongyan Kang, Yubo Fan, Ping Zhao, Changhui Ren, Zhenze Wang, and Xiaoyan Deng, “Regional specific modulation of the glycocalyx and smooth muscle cell contractile apparatus in conduit arteries of tail-suspended rats,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 120, no. 5, pp. 537–545, 2016.