- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 80687, 9 pages
Thermolabile Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase C677T Polymorphism and Homocysteine Are Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Disease in Moroccan Population
1National League of Cardiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Ibn-Sina Hospital, PB 1326, Rabat 10000, Morocco
2UFR of Biology and Healthy, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Hassan II University, Ain Chock, PB 5366, Maarif 20100, Casablanca, Morocco
3UFR of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Abdelmalek Es-saadi University, P.O. Box 2121, Tetuan 93000, Morocco
4Cardiology A Department, National League of Cardiology, Ibn-Sina Hospital, PB 1326, Rabat 10000, Morocco
Received 21 September 2006; Revised 20 December 2006; Accepted 9 January 2007
Academic Editor: Mohamed Boutjdir
Copyright © 2007 Nawal Bennouar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. El Oudi, Z. Aouni, C. Mazigh, O. Essaies, B. Zidi, and S. Machghoul, “C677T Polymorphism of MTHFR gene in a Tunisian type 2 diabetic population,” Immuno-Analyse & Biologie Specialisee, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 220–223, 2008.
- Abee L. Boyles, Allen J. Wilcox, Jack A. Taylor, Klaus Meyer, Åse Fredriksen, Per Magne Ueland, Christian A. Drevon, Stein Emil Vollset, and Rolv Terje Lie, “Folate and one-carbon metabolism gene polymorphisms and their associations with oral facial clefts,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, Part A, vol. 146, no. 4, pp. 440–449, 2008.
- Ana I. Freitas, Isabel Mendonça, Graça Guerra, Maria Brión, Roberto P. Reis, Angel Carracedo, and António Brehm, “Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene, homocysteine and coronary artery disease: The A1298C polymorphism does matter. Inferences from a case study (Madeira, Portugal),” Thrombosis Research, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 648–656, 2008.
- Lakhdar Ghazouani, Nesrine Abboud, Nabil Mtiraoui, Walid Zammiti, Faouzi Addad, Haitham Amin, Wassim Y. Almawi, and Touhami Mahjoub, “Homocysteine and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T and A1298C polymorphisms in Tunisian patients with severe coronary artery disease,” Journal Of Thrombosis And Thrombolysis, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 191–197, 2009.
- Ahmet Var, Ozan Uetuek, Sinem Akcali, Tamer Sanlidag, Bekir S. Uyanik, and Goenuel Dinc, “Impact of hemostatic gene single point mutations in patients with non-diabetic coronary artery disease,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 2235–2243, 2009.
- Patricia Matos Biselli, Juliana Aparecida, Erika Cristina Pavarino-Bertelli, Alexandre Rodrigues Guerzoni, Moacir Fernandes de Godoy, Barcelos Abou-Chahla, and Eny Maria Goloni-Bertollo, “Mthfr Genetic Variability On Coronary Artery Disease Development,” Revista Da Associacao Medica Brasileira, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 274–278, 2009.
- Rita Nemr, Rabha A. Salman, Lamees H. Jawad, Eman A. Juma, Sose H. Keleshian, and Wassim Y. Almawi, “Differential contribution of MTHFR C677T variant to the risk of diabetic nephropathy in Lebanese and Bahraini Arabs,” Clinical Chemistry And Laboratory Medicine, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1091–1094, 2010.
- T. P. They-They, S. Nadifi, M. A. Rafai, O. Battas, and I. Slassi, “Methylenehydrofolate reductase (C677T) polymorphism and large artery ischemic stroke subtypes,” Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 105–110, 2011.
- T. P. They-They, and O. Battas, “Response to manuscript nr: ANE-L-03-11-149,” Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. e2–e2, 2012.
- Lin Hua, Lin Li, Ping Zhou, and Zheng Yang, “Combining geographic region with meta-analysis to map the potential association between three genetic polymorphisms and coronary artery disease,” Journal of Medical Biochemistry, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 256–274, 2013.
- Seyyed Reza Pishva, Ramachandran Vasudevan, Ali Etemad, Farzad Heidari, Makanko Komara, Patimah Ismail, Fauziah Othman, Abdollah Karimi, and Mohammad Reza Sabri, “Analysis of MTHFR and MTRR gene polymorphisms in Iranian ventricular septal defect subjects,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 2739–2752, 2013.
- Babak Saffari, Sara Senemar, Mehran Karimi, Marzieh, Bahari, Najmeh Jooyan, and Majid Yavarian, “An MTHFR variant, plasma homocysteine levels and late-onset coronary artery disease in subjects from Southern Iran,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 16, no. 16, pp. 788–795, 2013.