- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 852571, 6 pages
The Activation of Macrophage and Upregulation of CD40 Costimulatory Molecule in Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury
1Department of Pulmonary Disease, Qilu Affiliated Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
2Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Received 15 July 2007; Revised 2 February 2008; Accepted 12 March 2008
Academic Editor: Honnavara Ananthaswamy
Copyright © 2008 Liang Dong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. B. Ware and M. A. Matthay, “The acute respiratory distress syndrome,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 342, no. 18, pp. 1334–1349, 2000.
- M. J. Fenton and D. T. Golenbock, “LPS-binding proteins and receptors,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 1998.
- A. Aderem and R. J. Ulevitch, “Toll-like receptors in the induction of the innate immune response,” Nature, vol. 406, no. 6797, pp. 782–787, 2000.
- K. Hoebe, X. Du, P. Georgel, et al., “Identification of Lps2 as a key transducer of MyD88-independent TIR signalling,” Nature, vol. 424, no. 6950, pp. 743–748, 2003.
- M. L. Lohmann-Matthes, C. Steinmuller, and G. Franke-Ullmann, “Pulmonary macrophages,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 1678–1689, 1994.
- K. Imaizumi, T. Kawabe, S. Ichiyama, et al., “Enhancement of tumoricidal activity of alveolar macrophages via CD40-CD40 ligand interaction,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 277, no. 1, pp. L49–L57, 1999.
- J. A. Wiley, R. Geha, and A. G. Harmsen, “Exogenous CD40 ligand induces a pulmonary inflammation response,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 158, no. 6, pp. 2932–2938, 1997.
- C. van Kooten and J. Banchereau, “CD40-CD40 ligand,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 2–17, 2000.
- J. A. Nick, S. K. Young, K. K. Brown, et al., “Role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in a murine model of pulmonary inflammation,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 164, no. 4, pp. 2151–2159, 2000.
- N. Hashimoto, T. Kawabe, K. Imaizumi, et al., “CD40 plays a crucial role in lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 808–815, 2004.
- A. Johansson, M. Lundborg, C. M. Skold, et al., “Functional, morphological, and phenotypical differences between rat alveolar and interstitial macrophages,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 582–588, 1997.
- D. R. Wesemann, H. Qin, N. Kokorina, and E. N. Benveniste, “TRADD interacts with STAT1- and influences interferon- signaling,” Nature Immunology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 199–207, 2004.
- V. T. Nguyen and E. N. Benveniste, “Involvement of STAT-1 and ets family members in interferon- induction of CD40 transcription in microglia/macrophages,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 31, pp. 23674–23684, 2000.
- D. R. Wesemann, Y. Dong, G. M. O'keefe, V. T. Nguyen, and E. N. Benveniste, “Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 inhibits cytokine induction of CD40 expression in macrophages,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 169, no. 5, pp. 2354–2360, 2002.
- K. A. Fitzgerald, S. M. McWhirter, K. L. Faia, et al., “IKK and TBK1 are essential components of the IRF3 signaling pathway,” Nature Immunology, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 491–496, 2003.
- P. Tekamp-Olson, C. Gallegos, D. Bauer, et al., “Cloning and characterization of cDNAs for murine macrophage inflammatory protein 2 and its human homologues,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 911–919, 1990.
- J. N. Kline, “Eat dirt: CpG DNA and immunomodulation of asthma,” Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 283–288, 2007.
- R. Hammermann, J. Hirschmann, C. Hey, et al., “Cationic proteins inhibit L-arginine uptake in rat alveolar macrophages and tracheal epithelial cells. Implications for nitric oxide synthesis,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 155–162, 1999.
- Y. S. Lim, T.-B. Won, W. S. Shim, et al., “Induction of airway remodeling of nasal mucosa by repetitive allergen challenge in a murine model of allergic rhinitis,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 22–31, 2007.
- J. W. Hollingsworth, G. S. Whitehead, K. L. Lin, et al., “TLR4 signaling attenuates ongoing allergic inflammation,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 176, no. 10, pp. 5856–5862, 2006.
- C. K. Wong, P. F. Y. Cheung, W. K. Ip, and C. W. K. Lam, “Intracellular signaling mechanisms regulating toll-like receptor-mediated activation of eosinophils,” American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 85–96, 2007.
- X. F. Lei, Y. Ohkawara, M. R. Stämpfli, et al., “Disruption of antigen-induced inflammatory responses in CD40 ligand knockout mice,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 101, no. 6, pp. 1342–1353, 1998.
- T. Agalioti, S. Lomvardas, B. Parekh, J. Yie, T. Maniatis, and D. Thanos, “Ordered recruitment of chromatin modifying and general transcription factors to the IFN- promoter,” Cell, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 667–678, 2000.