- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 408794, 11 pages
Schwann Cells Overexpressing FGF-2 Alone or Combined with Manual Stimulation Do Not Promote Functional Recovery after Facial Nerve Injury
1Institute of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School and Center for Systems Neuroscience (ZSN), 30625 Hannover, Germany
2Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Cologne, 50931 Cologne, Germany
3Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Friedrich-Schiller University Jena, 07740 Jena, Germany
4Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Cologne, 50931, Germany
5Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Cologne, 50931 Cologne, Germany
6School of Animal Biology, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Perth, WA 6009, Australia
7Department of Anatomy I, University of Cologne, 50931, Germany
Received 25 February 2009; Accepted 8 July 2009
Academic Editor: George Perry
Copyright © 2009 Kirsten Haastert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ronald Deumens, Ahmet Bozkurt, Marcel F. Meek, Marco A.E. Marcus, Elbert A.J. Joosten, Joachim Weis, and Gary A. Brook, “Repairing injured peripheral nerves: Bridging the gap,” Progress in Neurobiology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 245–276, 2010.
- Emmanouil Skouras, Umut Ozsoy, Levent Sarikcioglu, and Doychin N. Angelov, “Intrinsic and therapeutic factors determining the recovery of motor function after peripheral nerve transection,” Annals of Anatomy - Anatomischer Anzeiger, vol. 193, no. 4, pp. 286–303, 2011.
- Stefania Raimondo, Michele Fornaro, Pierluigi Tos, Bruno Battiston, Maria G. Giacobini-Robecchi, and Stefano Geuna, “Perspectives in regeneration and tissue engineering of peripheral nerves,” Annals of Anatomy - Anatomischer Anzeiger, vol. 193, no. 4, pp. 334–340, 2011.
- Armin Kraus, Joachim Täger, Konrad Kohler, Max Haerle, Frank Werdin, Hans-Eberhard Schaller, and Nektarios Sinis, “Non-viral genetic transfection of rat Schwann cells with FuGENE HD© lipofection and AMAXA© nucleofection is feasible but impairs cell viability,” Neuron Glia Biology, vol. 6, no. 04, pp. 225–230, 2011.
- Orlando Guntinas-Lichius, Tim R. Glowka, Doychin N. Angelov, Andrey Irintchev, and Wolfram F. Neiss, “Improved Functional Recovery After Facial Nerve Reconstruction by Temporary Denervation of the Contralateral Mimic Musculature With Botulinum Toxin in Rats,” Neurorehabilitation And Neural Repair, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 15–23, 2011.
- Matthew R. J. Mason, Martijn R. Tannemaat, Martijn J. A. Malessy, and Joost Verhaagen, “Gene therapy for the peripheral nervous system: A strategy to repair the injured nerve?,” Current Gene Therapy, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 75–89, 2011.
- Umut Ozsoy, Bahadir Murat Demirel, Arzu Hizay, Ozlem Ozsoy, Janina Ankerne, Srebrina Angelova, Levent Sarikcioglu, Yasar Ucar, Murat Turhan, Sarah Dunlop, and Doychin N. Angelov, “Manual stimulation of the whisker pad after hypoglossal–facial anastomosis (HFA) using a Y-tube conduit does not improve recovery of whisking function,” Experimental Brain Research, 2014.
- Chih-Yang Huang, Wei-Wen Kuo, Marthandam Asokan Shibu, Ming-Fang Hsueh, Yueh-Sheng Chen, Fuu-Jen Tsai, Chun-Hsu Yao, Chien-Chung Lin, Lung-Fa Pan, and Da-Tong Ju, “ Citrus medica var. sarcodactylis (Foshou) Activates Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 Signaling to Induce Migration of RSC96 Schwann Cells ,” The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 42, no. 02, pp. 443–452, 2014.
- Benjamin Förthmann, Claudia Grothe, and Peter Claus, “A nuclear odyssey: fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2) as a regulator of nuclear homeostasis in the nervous system,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2015.
- Tessa Gordon, and Gregory H. Borschel, “The use of the rat as a model for studying peripheral nerve regeneration and sprouting after complete and partial nerve injuries,” Experimental Neurology, 2016.