- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 571702, 10 pages
Poly(hydroxyalkanoates)-Based Polymeric Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery
Laboratory of Bioactive Polymeric Materials for Biomedical & Environmental Applications, UdR-INSTM, Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, University of Pisa, Via Risorgimento 35, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Received 13 February 2009; Accepted 29 June 2009
Academic Editor: Phillip E. Klebba
Copyright © 2009 Cesare Errico et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Dario Puppi, Anna Maria Piras, Nicola Detta, Dinuccio Dinucci, and Federica Chiellini, “Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) electrospun fibrous meshes for the controlled release of retinoic acid,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1258–1268, 2010.
- J. Prasad Rao, and Kurt E. Geckeler, “Polymer nanoparticles: Preparation techniques and size-control parameters,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 887–913, 2011.
- Bret D. Ulery, Lakshmi S. Nair, and Cato T. Laurencin, “Biomedical applications of biodegradable polymers,” Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 832–864, 2011.
- Patrícia S. de O. Patrício, Fabiano V. Pereira, Meriane C. dos Santos, Patterson P. de Souza, Juan P. B. Roa, and Rodrigo L. Orefice, “Increasing the elongation at break of polyhydroxybutyrate biopolymer: Effect of cellulose nanowhiskers on mechanical and thermal properties,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 127, no. 5, pp. 3613–3621, 2012.
- Grazyna Adamus, Wanda Sikorska, Henryk Janeczek, Michal Kwiecien, Michal Sobota, and Marek Kowalczuk, “Novel block copolymers of atactic PHB with natural PHA for cardiovascular engineering: Synthesis and characterization,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 621–631, 2012.
- Andrea Morelli, Dario Puppi, and Federica Chiellini, “Polymers from Renewable Resources,” Journal of Renewable Materials, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 83–112, 2012.
- Rodríguez-Contreras Alejandra, Canal Cristina, Calafell-Monfort Margarita, Ginebra Maria-Pau, Julio-Moran Gemma, and Marqués-Calvo María-Soledad, “Methods for the preparation of doxycycline-loaded phb micro- and nano-spheres,” European Polymer Journal, 2013.
- Danielly Ladeira Anibal Sitta, Marcos R. Guillherme, Francielle P. Garcia, Thelma Sley Pacheco Cellet, Celso Vataru Nakamura, Edvani Curti Muniz, and Adley Forti Rubira, “Covalent albumin microparticles as an adjuvant for production of mucosal vaccines against hepatitis B,” Biomacromolecules, pp. 130718080713008, 2013.
- Michal Kwiecien, Grazyna Adamus, and Marek Kowalczuk, “Selective Reduction of PHA Biopolyesters and Their Synthetic Analogues to Corresponding PHA Oligodiols Proved by Structural Studies,” Biomacromolecules, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1181–1188, 2013.
- Viorel Simion, Daniela Stan, Ana-Maria Gan, Monica Madalina Pirvulescu, Elena Butoi, Ileana Manduteanu, Mariana Deleanu, Eugen Andrei, Anamaria Durdureanu-Angheluta, Marian Bota, Marius Enachescu, Manuela Calin, and Maya Simionescu, “Development of curcumin-loaded poly(hydroxybutyrate-co-hydroxyvalerate) nanoparticles as anti-inflammatory carriers to human-activated endothelial cells,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 15, no. 12, 2013.
- Sophie M. Guillaume, Liana Annunziata, Iker del Rosal, Christophe Iftner, Laurent Maron, Peter W. Roesky, and Matthias Schmid, “Ring-opening polymerization of racemic beta-butyrolactone promoted by rare earth trisborohydride complexes towards a PHB-diol: an experimental and DFT study,” Polymer Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 10, pp. 3077–3087, 2013.
- Lin-Ping Wu, Mingliang You, Danyang Wang, Gongfeng Peng, Zhihui Wang, and Guo-Qiang Chen, “Fabrication of carbon nanotube (CNT)/poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyhexanoate) (PHBHHx) nanocomposite films for human mesenchymal stem cell (hMSC) differentiation,” Polymer Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 16, pp. 4490, 2013.
- Anupama Shrivastav, Hae-Yeong Kim, and Young-Rok Kim, “Advances in the Applications of Polyhydroxyalkanoate Nanoparticles for Novel Drug Delivery System,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Maria Isabel Briceno, Edgar Marin, and Catherina Caballero-George, “Critical evaluation of biodegradable polymers used in nanodrugs,” International Journal Of Nanomedicine, vol. 8, pp. 3071–3091, 2013.
- C. Peña, T. Castillo, A. García, M. Millán, and D. Segura, “Biotechnological strategies to improve production of microbial poly-(3-hydroxybutyrate): a review of recent research work,” Microbial Biotechnology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 278–293, 2014.
- Fatemeh Shakeri, Shahryar Shakeri, and Mohammad Hojjatoleslami, “Preparation and Characterization of Carvacrol Loaded Polyhydroxybutyrate Nanoparticles by Nanoprecipitation and Dialysis Methods,” Journal of Food Science, 2014.
- G. Eke, A. M. Kuzmina, A. V. Goreva, E. I. Shishatskaya, N. Hasirci, and V. Hasirci, “In vitro and transdermal penetration of PHBV micro/nanoparticles,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 2014.
- Ousanee Issarachot, Jiraphong Suksiriworapong, Mikihisa Takano, Ryoko Yumoto, and Varaporn Buraphacheep Junyaprasert, “Folic acid-modified methotrexate-conjugated PEGylated poly(epsilon-caprolactone) nanoparticles for targeted delivery,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 16, no. 2, 2014.