- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 613879, 13 pages
Effects of Chronic Mild Stress on the Development of Atherosclerosis and Expression of Toll-Like Receptor 4 Signaling Pathway in Adolescent Apolipoprotein E Knockout Mice
1Key Lab for Arteriosclerology of Hunan Province, Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of South China, Hengyang 421001, China
2Department of Pathophysiology, Medical School of Changsha of Hunan Province, Changsha 41000, China
Received 5 March 2009; Revised 9 June 2009; Accepted 10 June 2009
Academic Editor: Terry Delovitch
Copyright © 2009 Hongfeng Gu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tao Zhang, Yundai Chen, Hongbin Liu, Zhenhong Zhou, Yongzhi Zhai, and Junjie Yang, “Chronic unpredictable stress accelerates atherosclerosis through promoting inflammation in apolipoprotein E knockout mice,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. 386–392, 2010.
- Marcelo G. Binker, Andres A. Binker-Cosen, Daniel Richards, Herbert Y. Gaisano, Rodica H. de Cosen, and Laura I. Cosen-Binker, “Chronic stress sensitizes rats to pancreatitis induced by cerulein: Role of TNF-alpha,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 44, pp. 5565–5581, 2010.
- Rong-ping Wang, Qi Yao, Ying-bin Xiao, Shui-bo Zhu, Li Yang, Jun-ming Feng, De-zhong Li, Xiao-ling Li, Jian-jun Wu, and Jun Chen, “Toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor-kappa B pathway is involved in myocardial injury in a rat chronic stress model,” Stress, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 567–575, 2011.
- Yi Wu, Ke Tang, Ren-Qiang Huang, Zong Zhuang, Hui-Lin Cheng, Hong-Xia Yin, and Ji-Xin Shi, “Therapeutic potential of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma agonist rosiglitazone in cerebral vasospasm after a rat experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage model,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol. 305, no. 1-2, pp. 85–91, 2011.
- L. Paternain, D.F. García-Diaz, F.I. Milagro, P. González-Muniesa, J.A. Martinez, and J. Campión, “Regulation by chronic-mild stress of glucocorticoids, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and adiposity in rats fed on a high-fat diet,” Physiology & Behavior, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 173–180, 2011.
- Marta Kubera, Ewa Obuchowicz, Lisa Goehler, Joanna Brzeszcz, and Michael Maes, “In animal models, psychosocial stress-induced (neuro)inflammation, apoptosis and reduced neurogenesis are associated to the onset of depression,” Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 744–759, 2011.
- Qin Na, Biao Cheng, and A-Mei Chen, “Progress addressing animal stress model construction and effect evaluation,” Journal of Clinical Rehabilitative Tissue Engineering Research, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 2051–2054, 2011.
- Hong-feng Gu, Chao-ke Tang, and Yong-zong Yang, “Psychological stress, immune response, and atherosclerosis,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 223, no. 1, pp. 69–77, 2012.
- Y. Shan, N. Lin, X. Yang, J. Tan, R. Zhao, S. Dong, and S. Wang, “Sulphoraphane inhibited the expressions of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 through MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor-4 pathway in cultured endothelial cells,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 215–222, 2012.
- V. J. Neves, M. J. C. S. Moura, B. S. Almeida, R. Costa, A. Sanches, R. Ferreira, M. L. Tamascia, E. A. O. Romani, and P. D. Novaes, “Chronic stress, but not hypercaloric diet, impairs vascular function in rat s,” Stress-The International Journal On The Biology Of Stress, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 138–148, 2012.
- Harris Eyre, and Bernhard T. Baune, “Neuroimmunological effects of physical exercise in depression,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 251–266, 2012.
- Christopher J. Barnum, Thaddeus W. W. Pace, Fang Hu, Gretchen N. Neigh, and Malu G. Tansey, “Psychological stress in adolescent and adult mice increases neuroinflammati on and attenuates the response to LPS challenge,” Journal of Neuroinflammation, vol. 9, 2012.
- Asghar Ghasemi, Farzaneh Faraji, Faraz Valaee, Katayon Sedaghat, Maedeh Arabian, and Saleh Zahediasl, “Diminished response of isolated aorta following chronic physical and psychological stresses and its reversibility in rats,” International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 423–428, 2012.
- Gj Zhao Guo-Jun, and Ck Tang Chao-Ke, “Advances on The Relationship of Innate Immune Response and Atherosclerosis,” Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 406–415, 2013.
- M. Devaki, R. Nirupama, and H. N. Yajurvedi, “Chronic stress-induced oxidative damage and hyperlipidemia are accompanied by atherosclerotic development in rats,” Stress, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 233–243, 2013.
- Amir H. Najafi, Lijun Li, Frank D. Kolodgie, Renu Virmani, Zofia Zukowska, Stephen E. Epstein, Mary Susan Burnett, Nima Aghili, Justin U. Tilan, James A. Andrews, Xinzhi Peng, Roberta M. Lassance-Soares, Subeena Sood, Lee O. Alderman, and Ken Abe, “A new murine model of stress-induced complex atherosclerotic lesions,” DMM Disease Models and Mechanisms, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 323–331, 2013.