- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 619487, 8 pages
Pyrrolidine Dithiocarbamate Attenuates Paraquat-Induced Lung Injury in Rats
Department of Occupational Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Received 27 February 2009; Accepted 26 May 2009
Academic Editor: Michael Cunningham
Copyright © 2009 Xiuli Chang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ya-Wen Chen, Kuo-Liang Chen, Chun-Hung Chen, Hsi-Chin Wu, Chin-Chuan Su, Chin-Ching Wu, Tzong-Der Way, Dong-Zong Hung, Cheng-Chien Yen, Yuan-Ting Yang, and Tien-Hui Lu, “Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate (PDTC)/Cu complex induces lung epithelial cell apoptosis through mitochondria and ER-stress pathways,” Toxicology Letters, vol. 199, no. 3, pp. 333–340, 2010.
- Juanwen Zhang, Guocai Lv, and Ying Zhao, “The significance of serum xanthine oxidase and oxidation markers in acute paraquat poisoning in humans,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 44, no. 2-3, pp. 221–225, 2011.
- Shulin Liu, Kan Liu, Qiang Sun, Wenwu Liu, Weigang Xu, Petar Denoble, Hengyi Tao, and Xuejun Sun, “Consumption of Hydrogen Water Reduces Paraquat-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Rats,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- Hoon Kim, Suk Woo Lee, Kyung Min Baek, Jung Soo Park, and Jin Hong Min, “Continuous hypoxia attenuates paraquat-induced cytotoxicity in the human A549 lung carcinoma cell line,” Experimental and Molecular Medicine, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 494, 2011.
- S. Y. Ablordeppey, A. Grillo, D. Sikazwe, K. McQuiston, S. Ramsinghani, and J. Davis, “Small Diverse Antioxidant Functionalities for Oxidative Stress Disease Drug Discovery,” Mini-Reviews In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 768–774, 2012.
- Reggiani V. Goncalves, Marli C. Cupertino, Daiane C. S. Marques, Damiana D. Rosa, Maria do Carmo G. Peluzio, Clovis A. Neves, and Joao Paulo V. Leite, “Bark extract of Bathysa cuspidata attenuates extra-pulmonary acute lung inj ury induced by paraquat and reduces mortality in rats,” International Journal Of Experimental Pathology, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 225–233, 2012.
- Jing Shi, Yu-Feng Gao, Shao-Bo Chen, Qi-Hao Pan, Xiao-Xin Liao, and Chun Lin Hu, “The effects of pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate on the activation of Nrf2 pathway after paraquat induced lung injury in rats,” Chinese Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1337–1341, 2012.
- Romulo Dias Novaes, Reggiani Vilela Goncalves, Daiane Cristina Santos Marques, Marli do Carmo Cupertino, Maria do Carmo Gouveia Peluzio, Joao Paulo Viana Leite, and Izabel Regina dos Santos Costa Maldonado, “Effect of Bark Extract of Bathysa cuspidata on Hepatic Oxidative Damage and Blood Glucose Kinetics in Rats Exposed to Paraquat,” Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2012.
- Yan Chen, Yi-chu Nie, Yu-long Luo, Feng Lin, Yan-fang Zheng, Guo-hua Cheng, Hao Wu, Ke-jian Zhang, Wei-wei Su, Jian-gang Shen, and Pei-bo Li, “Protective effects of naringin against paraquat-induced acute lung injury and pulmonary fibrosis in mice,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 58, pp. 133–140, 2013.
- Taner Yavuz, Ozge Uzun, Asli Macit, Cem Comunoglu, Ozlem Yavuz, Coskun Silan, Hatice Yuksel, and Hayriye Ak Yildirim, “Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate attenuates the development of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension,” Pathology - Research and Practice, vol. 209, no. 5, pp. 302–308, 2013.
- Reggiani Vilela Goncalves, Mariaurea Matias Sarandy, Sergio Luis Pinto da Matta, Romulo Dias Novaes, and Marcus Vinicius de Mello Pinto, “Comparative study of the effects of laser photobiomodulation and extract of Brassica oleracea on skin wounds in wistar rats: A histomorphometric study,” Pathology Research and Practice, vol. 209, no. 10, pp. 648–653, 2013.
- Jae-Sung Choi, Sung-Shick Jou, Mee-Hye Oh, Young-Hee Kim, Min-Ju Park, Hyo-Wook Gil, Ho-Yeon Song, and Sae-Yong Hong, “The dose of cyclophosphamide for treating paraquat-induced rat lung injury,” The Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 420, 2013.
- Junyan Han, Zongju Zhang, Shaobin Yang, Xuelian Yang, and Dehong Tan, “Betanin attenuates paraquat-induced liver toxicity through a mitochondrial pathway,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2014.
- Ana L.M. Ivan, Marcela Z. Campanini, Renata M. Martinez, Vitor S. Ferreira, Vinicius S. Steffen, Fabiana T.M.C. Vicentini, Fernanda M.P. Vilela, Frederico Severino Martins, Ana C. Zarpelon, Thiago M. Cunha, Maria J.V. Fonseca, Marcela M. Baracat, Sandra R. Georgetti, Waldiceu A. Verri, and Rúbia Casagrande, “Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate inhibits UVB-induced skin inflammation and oxidative stress in hairless mice and exhibits antioxidant activity in vitro,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 2014.
- Fan Yang, Xun Li, Li-kun Wang, Lu-wen Wang, Xiao-qun Han, Hong Zhang, and Zuo-jiong Gong, “Inhibitions of NF-κB and TNF-α Result in Differential Effects in Rats with Acute on Chronic Liver Failure Induced by d-Gal and LPS,” Inflammation, 2014.