- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 768086, 9 pages
Attenuation of Acute Lung Inflammation and Injury by Whole Body Cooling in a Rat Heatstroke Model
1Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
2Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan 710, Taiwan
3Department of Biotechnology, Southern Taiwan University, Tainan 710, Taiwan
4Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan 710, Taiwan
Received 5 March 2009; Revised 25 September 2009; Accepted 1 October 2009
Academic Editor: Mari A. Smits
Copyright © 2009 Hsi-Hsing Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Marcela Julio-Pieper, Peter J. Flor, Timothy G. Dinan, and John F. Cryan, “Exciting Times beyond the Brain: Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors in Peripheral and Non-Neural Tissues,” Pharmacological Reviews, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 35–58, 2011.
- Schwarzl, Steendijk, Huber, Truschnig-Wilders, Obermayer-Pietsch, Maechler, Pieske, and Post, “The induction of mild hypothermia improves systolic function of the resuscitated porcine heart at no further sympathetic activation,” Acta Physiologica, vol. 203, no. 4, pp. 409–418, 2011.
- Jen-Yee Hong, Yi-Chun Lai, Cheng-Yu Chang, Shih-Chieh Chang, and Gau-Jun Tang, “Successful Treatment of Severe Heatstroke With Therapeutic Hypothermia by a Noninvasive External Cooling System,” Annals of Emergency Medicine, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 491–493, 2012.
- Wen-shiann Wu, Ming-ting Chou, Chien-ming Chao, Chen-kuei Chang, Mao-tsun Lin, and Ching-ping Chang, “Melatonin reduces acute lung inflammation, edema, and hemorrhage in heatstroke rats,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 775–782, 2012.
- Hsi-Hsing Yang, Ching-Cheng Hou, Mao-Tsun Lin, and Ching-Ping Chang, “Attenuating Heat-Induced Acute Lung Inflammation and Injury by Dextromethorphan in Rats,” American Journal Of Respiratory Cell And Molecular Biology, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 407–413, 2012.
- Chunliu Lv, Pihong Zhang, Xiaoyuan Huang, Jizhang Zeng, Licheng Ren, and Pengfei Liang, “Cryotherapy combined with warm transfusion apply to serious burns in a rabbit model: An experimental study,” Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, vol. 11, no. 15, pp. 2641–2646, 2012.
- Shr-Yun Chiou, Yu-Sheng Lee, Mei-Jy Jeng, Pei-Chen Tsao, and Wen-Jue Soong, “Moderate hypothermia attenuates oxidative stress injuries in alveolar epithelial A549 cells,” Experimental Lung Research, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 217–228, 2013.
- Yi Chen, Huasheng Tong, Xingqin Zhang, Liqun Tang, Zhiguo Pan, Zhifeng Liu, Pengkai Duan, and Lei Su, “Xuebijing injection alleviates liver injury by inhibiting secretory function of Kupffer cells in heat stroke rats,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 243–249, 2013.
- Ching-Hong Chang, Cheng-Hsing Kao, Chung-Ching Chio, Cheng-Hsien Lin, Mao-Tsun Lin, and Ching-Ping Chang, “Attenuating heatstroke-induced acute lung inflammation, edema, and injury in rats by exercise preconditioning,” Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 1052–1059, 2013.
- Vineet Rakesh, Jonathan D. Stallings, Bryan G. Helwig, Lisa R. Leon, David A. Jackson, and Jaques Reifman, “A 3-D mathematical model to identify organ-specific risks in rats during thermal stress,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 115, no. 12, pp. 1822–1837, 2013.
- Michael Schwarzl, Sebastian Seiler, Markus Wallner, Dirk von Lewinski, Stefan Huber, Heinrich Maechler, Paul Steendijk, Sieglinde Zelzer, Martie Truschnig-Wilders, Barbara Obermayer-Pietsch, Andreas Lueger, Burkert M. Pieske, and Heiner Post, “Mild Hypothermia Attenuates Circulatory and Pulmonary Dysfunction During Experimental Endotoxemia,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. E401–E410, 2013.
- Sheng-Hsien Chen, Mao-Tsun Lin, and Ching-Ping Chang, “Ischemic and oxidative damage to the hypothalamus may be responsible for heat stroke,” Current Neuropharmacology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 129–140, 2013.