- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 969480, 7 pages
Effect of Chlorotriphenyl Derivatives of Sn and Pb upon Biophysical Properties of Membranes
1Institute of Physics, Opole University, Oleska 48, 45-052 Opole, Poland
2Institute of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Opole University, ul. Kominka 4, 45-033 Opole, Poland
Received 11 February 2009; Revised 5 May 2009; Accepted 20 May 2009
Academic Editor: Rumiana Koynova
Copyright © 2009 Dariusz Man et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Wiśniowska-Kielian, “Trace element contents in soil and winter wheat—part II: heavy metal contents,” Chemia i Inżynieria Ekologiczna, vol. 10, pp. 1021–1030, 2003.
- G. Falcioni, R. R. Gabbianelli, A. Santini, G. Zolese, D. Griffits, and E. Bertoli, “Plasma membrane perturbation induced by organotin on erythrocytes from Salmo iridens tront,” Applied Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 10, pp. 451–457, 1996.
- B. H. Gray, M. Porvaznik, C. Flemming, and L. H. Lee, “Organotin-induced hemolysis, shape transformation and intramembranous aggregates in human erythrocytes,” Cell Biology and Toxicology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 23–38, 1987.
- H. Kleszczyńska, J. Hładyszowski, H. Pruchnik, and S. Przestalski, “Erythrocyte hemolysis by organic tin and lead compounds,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung, vol. 52, no. 1-2, pp. 65–69, 1997.
- T. Hamasaki, H. Masumoto, T. Soto, H. Nagase, H. Kito, and T. Toshioka, “Estimation of the hemolytic effects of various organotin compounds by structure-active relationships,” Applied Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 9, pp. 95–104, 1995.
- A. Miszta, J. Gabrielska, S. Przestalski, and M. Langner, “The effect of phenyltin chlorides on osmotically induced erythrocyte hemolysis,” Applied Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 19, pp. 736–741, 2005.
- M. Podolak, G. Engel, and D. Man, “Effect of organic tin compounds on electric properties of model membranes,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung, vol. 61, no. 5-6, pp. 453–457, 2006.
- M. Podolak, G. Engel, and D. Man, “Interaction of the organic tin chloride with the liquid model membranes,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series, vol. 79, Article ID 012038, 2007.
- J. Gabrielska, J. Sarapuk, and S. Przestalski, “Role of hydrophobic and hydrophilic interactions of organotin and organolead compounds with model lipid membranes,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung, vol. 52, no. 3-4, pp. 209–216, 1997.
- H. Radecka, D. Zieliñska, and J. Radecki, “Interaction of organic derivatives of tin (IV) and lead (IV) with model lipid membranes,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 234, no. 1–3, pp. 147–153, 1999.
- H. Kleszczyńska, J. Sarapuk, and S. Przestalski, “Destabilization of model membranes by organotin compounds,” Folia Histochemica et Cytobiologica, vol. 37, p. 31, 1999.
- D. Man, M. Podolak, and G. Engel, “The influence of tin compounds on the dynamic properties of liposome membranes: a study using the ESR method,” Cellular and Molecular Biology Letters, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 56–61, 2006.
- D. Man and M. Podolak, “Tin compounds interaction with membranes of egg lecithin liposomes,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung, vol. 62, no. 5-6, pp. 427–432, 2007.
- D. Man, “Fluidity of liposome membranes doped with organic tin compounds: ESR study,” Journal of Liposome Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 225–234, 2008.
- S. Ohno, Y. Nakajima, and S. Nakajin, “Triphenyltin and Tributyltin inhibit pig testicular 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity and suppress testicular testosterone biosynthesis,” Steroids, vol. 70, no. 9, pp. 645–651, 2005.
- B. Watermann, K. Grote, K. Gnass, et al., “Histological alterations in ovaries of pubertal female rats induced by triphenyltin,” Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 60, no. 4-5, pp. 313–321, 2008.
- H. Kleszczyńska, D. Bonarska, J. Sarapuk, and S. Przestalski, “Protection of erythrocytes against organometals-induced hemolysis,” Journal of Fluorescence, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 5–10, 2004.
- A. Goffeau, “1996: a vintage year for yeast and Yeast,” Yeast, vol. 12, no. 16, pp. 1603–1605, 1996.
- W. S. Singleton, M. S. Gray, M. L. Brown, and J. L. White, “Chromatographically homogeneous lecithin from egg phospholipids,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 53–56, 1965.
- E. J. Shimshick and H. M. McConnell, “Lateral phase separation in phospholipid membranes,” Biochemistry, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 2351–2360, 1973.
- M. A. Hemminga, “Interpretation of ESR and saturation transfer ESR spectra of spin labeled lipids and membranes,” Chemistry and Physics of Lipids, vol. 32, no. 3-4, pp. 323–383, 1983.
- E. Obłąk, S. Ułaszewski, and T. M. Lachowicz, “Mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae resistant to a quaternary ammonium salt,” Acta Microbiologica Polonica, vol. 37, no. 3-4, pp. 261–270, 1988.
- D. Man, R. Słota, G. Mele, and J. Li, “Fluidity of liposome membranes doped with metalloporphyrins: an ESR study,” Zeitschrift für Naturforschung, vol. 63, no. 5-6, pp. 440–444, 2008.