- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 102758, 12 pages
TAA Polyepitope DNA-Based Vaccines: A Potential Tool for Cancer Therapy
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Via Montpellier, 00133, Rome, Italy
Received 20 January 2010; Accepted 27 April 2010
Academic Editor: Kim Klonowski
Copyright © 2010 Roberto Bei and Antonio Scardino. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alice Rochard, Daniel Scherman, and Pascal Bigey, “Genetic Immunization with Plasmid DNA Mediated by Electrotransfer,” Human Gene Therapy, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 789–798, 2011.
- R. Bei, and G. J. Mizejewski, “Alpha Fetoprotein is More than a Hepatocellular Cancer Biomarker: From Spontaneous Immune Response in Cancer Patients to the Development of an AFP-Based Cancer Vaccine,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 564–581, 2011.
- Mario Turriziani, Massimo Fantini, Pamela Sacchetti, Monica Benvenuto, Roberto Bei, Laura Masuelli, Valerio Izzi, and Andrea Modesti, “Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA)-Based Cancer Vaccines: Recent Patents and Antitumor Effects from Experimental Models to Clinical Trials,” Recent Patents On Anti-Cancer Drug Discovery, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 265–296, 2012.
- Valerio Izzi, Laura Masuelli, Ilaria Tresoldi, Calogero Foti, Andrea Modesti, and Roberto Bei, “Immunity and malignant mesothelioma: From mesothelial cell damage to tumor development and immune response-based therapies,” Cancer Letters, vol. 322, no. 1, pp. 18–34, 2012.
- Jian Yan, Panyupa Pankhong, Thomas H. Shin, Nyamekye Obeng-Adjei, Matthew P. Morrow, Jewell N. Walters, Amir S. Khan, Niranjan Y. Sardesai, and David B. Weiner, “Highly Optimized DNA Vaccine Targeting Human Telomerase Reverse Transcriptase Stimulates Potent Antitumor Immunity,” Cancer Immunology Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 179–189, 2013.
- Ryuji Takahashi, Munehiro Yoshitomi, Shigeru Yutani, Takahisa Shirahama, Masanori Noguchi, Akira Yamada, Kyogo Itoh, and Tetsuro Sasada, “Current status of immunotherapy for the treatment of biliary tract cancer,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1069–1072, 2013.
- Luigi Aurisicchio, Arthur Fridman, Ansuman Bagchi, Elisa Scarselli, Nicola La Monica, and Gennaro Ciliberto, “A novel minigene scaffold for therapeutic cancer vaccines,” OncoImmunology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. e27529, 2014.
- E. V. Kulikova, V. V. Kurilin, J. A. Shevchenko, I. A. Obleukhova, E. A. Khrapov, U. A. Boyarskikh, M. L. Filipenko, R. V. Shorokhov, V. K. Yakushenko, A. V. Sokolov, and S. V. Sennikov, “Dendritic Cells Transfected with a DNA Construct Encoding Tumour-associated Antigen Epitopes Induce a Cytotoxic Immune Response Against Autologous Tumour Cells in a Culture of Mononuclear Cells from Colorectal Cancer Patients,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 110–117, 2015.
- Saeed Khalili, Mohammad Reza Rahbar, Mohammad Haj Dezfulian, and Abolfazl Jahangiri, “In silico analyses of Wilms’ tumor protein to designing a novel multi-epitope DNA vaccine against cancer,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2015.
- Sergey Vital’evich Sennikov, Julia Alexandrovna Shevchenko, Vasilii Vasil’evich Kurilin, Julia Nikolaevna Khantakova, Julia Anatol’evna Lopatnikova, Elena Vasil’evna Gavrilova, Rinat Amirovich Maksyutov, Anastasiya Yur’evna Bakulina, Sergey Vasil’evich Sidorov, Alexander Alexandrovich Khristin, and Amir Zakievich Maksyutov, “Induction of an antitumor response using dendritic cells transfected with DNA constructs encoding the HLA-A*02:01-restricted epitopes of tumor-associated antigens in culture of mononuclear cells of breast cancer patients,” Immunologic Research, 2015.
- Junya Ohtake, Satoshi Wada, Erika Yada, Yuki Fujimoto, Hidemi Uchiyama, Shintaro Yoshida, Kyogo Itoh, and Tetsuro Sasada, “Personalized immunotherapy in colorectal cancer,” Expert Review of Precision Medicine and Drug Development, pp. 1–11, 2016.
- Shinjiro Sakamoto, Masanori Noguchi, Akira Yamada, Kyogo Itoh, and Tetsuro Sasada, “Prospect and progress of personalized peptide vaccinations for advanced cancers,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- Christelle Rosazza, Sasa Haberl Meglic, Andreas Zumbusch, Marie-Pierre Rols, and Damijan Miklavcic, “Gene Electrotransfer: A Mechanistic Perspective,” Current Gene Therapy, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 98–129, 2016.