- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 109189, 13 pages
Leishmania Interferes with Host Cell Signaling to Devise a Survival Strategy
Lab no. 5, National Center for Cell Science, University of Pune, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007, India
Received 31 July 2009; Revised 21 October 2009; Accepted 28 January 2010
Academic Editor: Abhay R. Satoskar
Copyright © 2010 Suvercha Bhardwaj et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Manu Vanaerschot, Ilse Maes, Meriem Ouakad, Vanessa Adaui, Louis Maes, Simonne De Doncker, Suman Rijal, Francois Chappuis, Jean-Claude Dujardin, and Saskia Decuypere, “Linking In Vitro and In Vivo Survival of Clinical Leishmania donovani Strains,” Plos One, vol. 5, no. 8, 2010.
- Camila Marques-da-Silva, Mariana Martins Chaves, Juliany Cola Rodrigues, Suzana Corte-Real, Robson Coutinho-Silva, and Pedro Muanis Persechini, “Differential Modulation of ATP-Induced P2X7-Associated Permeabilities to Cations and Anions of Macrophages by Infection with Leishmania amazonensis,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 9, 2011.
- Piu Saha, Surajit Bhattacharjee, Avijit Sarkar, Alak Manna, Subrata Majumder, and Mitali Chatterjee, “Berberine Chloride Mediates Its Anti-Leishmanial Activity via Differential Regulation of the Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Pathway in Macrophages,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 4, 2011.
- Piu Saha, Debanjan Mukhopadhyay, and Mitali Chatterjee, “Immunomodulation by chemotherapeutic agents against Leishmaniasis,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 1668–1679, 2011.
- Malcolm J. McConville, and Thomas Naderer, “ Metabolic Pathways Required for the Intracellular Survival of Leishmania ,” Annual Review of Microbiology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 543–561, 2011.
- Rafael Ramiro de Assis, Izabela Coimbra Ibraim, Paula Monalisa Nogueira, Rodrigo Pedro Soares, and Salvatore J. Turco, “Glycoconjugates in New World species of Leishmania: Polymorphisms in lipophosphoglycan and glycoinositolphospholipids and interaction with hosts,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, vol. 1820, no. 9, pp. 1354–1365, 2012.
- Debanjan Mukhopadhyay, Piu Saha, and Mitali Chatterjee, “Targets for immunochemotherapy in leishmaniasis,” Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 261–264, 2012.
- Raki Sudan, Neetu Srivastava, Surya Prakash Pandey, Subrata Majumdar, and Bhaskar Saha, “Reciprocal Regulation of Protein Kinase C Isoforms Results in Differential Cellular Responsiveness,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 188, no. 5, pp. 2328–2337, 2012.
- Alexandra Paiva Araújo, Wagner Welber Arrais-Silva, and Selma Giorgio, “Infection by Leishmania amazonensis in mice: A potential model for chronic hypoxia,” Acta Histochemica, vol. 114, no. 8, pp. 797–804, 2012.
- Lynn Soong, Calvin A. Henard, and Peter C. Melby, “Immunopathogenesis of non-healing American cutaneous leishmaniasis and progressive visceral leishmaniasis,” Seminars in Immunopathology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 735–751, 2012.
- Manu Vanaerschot, Saskia Decuypere, Maya Berg, Syamal Roy, and Jean-Claude Dujardin, “Drug-resistant microorganisms with a higher fitness – can medicines boost pathogens?,” Critical Reviews in Microbiology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 384–394, 2013.
- Mary Dan-Goor, Abedelmajeed Nasereddin, Hanan Jaber, and Charles L. Jaffe, “Identification of a Secreted Casein Kinase 1 in Leishmania donovani: Effect of Protein over Expression on Parasite Growth and Virulence,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Julien Lemaire, Ghada Mkannez, Fatma Z. Guerfali, Cindy Gustin, Hanene Attia, Rabiaa M. Sghaier, Koussay Dellagi, Dhafer Laouini, and Patricia Renard, “MicroRNA Expression Profile in Human Macrophages in Response to Leishmania major Infection,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 7, no. 10, 2013.
- Vinod Kumar, Jalaj K. Gour, Nisha Singh, Surabhi Bajpai, and Rakesh K. Singh, “Leishmania donovani-specific 25- and 28-kDa urinary proteins activate macrophage effector functions, lymphocyte proliferation and Th1 cytokines production,” Parasitology Research, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 1427–1435, 2013.
- Krishn Pratap Singh, Amir Zaidi, Shadab Anwar, Sanjeev Bimal, Pradeep Das, and Vahab Ali, “ROS regulates expression of Iron-Sulfur Cluster assembly protein IscS of Leishmania donovani,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- Alexandra K. Marr, Julia L. MacIsaac, Ruiwei Jiang, Adriana M. Airo, Michael S. Kobor, and W. Robert McMaster, “Leishmania donovani Infection Causes Distinct Epigenetic DNA Methylation Changes in Host Macrophages,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 10, no. 10, 2014.
- Sushmita Chakraborty, Ankita Srivastava, Mukesh Kumar Jha, Arathi Nair, Surya Prakash Pandey, Neetu Srivastava, Sangeeta Kumari, Shailza Singh, Musti V. Krishnasastry, and Bhaskar Saha, “Inhibition of CD40-Induced N-Ras Activation Reduces Leishmania major Infection,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 194, no. 8, pp. 3852–3860, 2015.
- Raquel Garcia-Hernandez, Veronica Gomez-Perez, Santiago Castanys, and Francisco Gamarro, “Fitness of Leishmania donovani Parasites Resistant to Drug Combinations,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 9, no. 4, 2015.