- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 121947, 4 pages
ELISA for Aging Biomarkers Induced by Telomere Dysfunction in Human Plasma
1Kidney Disease Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
2Institute of Molecular Medicine, Max-Planck-Research Group on Stem Cell Aging, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
3Institute of Laboratory Animal Sciences, Max-Planck-Partner Group on Stem Cell Aging, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100864, China
Received 21 May 2010; Revised 30 July 2010; Accepted 28 September 2010
Academic Editor: Manoor Prakash Hande
Copyright © 2010 Hong Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. E. Wright and J. W. Shay, “The two-stage mechanism controlling cellular senescence and immortalization,” Experimental Gerontology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 383–389, 1992.
- H.-W. Lee, M. A. Blasco, G. J. Gottlieb, J. W. Horner II, C. W. Greider, and R. A. DePinho, “Essential role of mouse telomerase in highly proliferative organs,” Nature, vol. 392, no. 6676, pp. 569–574, 1998.
- H. Jiang, Z. Ju, and K. L. Rudolph, “Telomere shortening and ageing,” Zeitschrift fur Gerontologie und Geriatrie, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 314–324, 2007.
- T. Vulliamy, A. Marrone, I. Dokal, and P. J. Mason, “Association between aplastic anaemia and mutations in telomerase RNA,” Lancet, vol. 359, no. 9324, pp. 2168–2170, 2002.
- J. R. Mitchell, E. Wood, and K. Collins, “A telomerase component is defective in the human disease dyskeratosis congenita,” Nature, vol. 402, no. 6761, pp. 551–555, 1999.
- K. D. Tsakiri, J. T. Cronkhite, P. J. Kuan et al., “Adult-onset pulmonary fibrosis caused by mutations in telomerase,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 104, no. 18, pp. 7552–7557, 2007.
- M. Y. Armanios, J. J.-L. Chen, J. D. Cogan et al., “Telomerase mutations in families with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 356, no. 13, pp. 1317–1326, 2007.
- K. L. Rudolph, S. Chang, H.-W. Lee et al., “Longevity, stress response, and cancer in aging telomerase-deficient mice,” Cell, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 701–712, 1999.
- E. Herrera, E. Samper, J. Martín-Caballero, J. M. Flores, H.-W. Lee, and M. A. Blasco, “Disease states associated with telomerase deficiency appear earlier in mice with short telomeres,” EMBO Journal, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 2950–2960, 1999.
- L.-Y. Hao, M. Armanios, M. A. Strong et al., “Short telomeres, even in the presence of telomerase, limit tissue renewal capacity,” Cell, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 1121–1131, 2005.
- A. R. Choudhury, Z. Ju, M. W. Djojosubroto et al., “Cdkn1a deletion improves stem cell function and lifespan of mice with dysfunctional telomeres without accelerating cancer formation,” Nature Genetics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 99–105, 2007.
- G. P. Dimri, X. Lee, G. Basile et al., “A biomarker that identifies senescent human cells in culture and in aging skin in vivo,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 92, no. 20, pp. 9363–9367, 1995.
- U. Herbig, M. Ferreira, L. Condel, D. Carey, and J. M. Sedivy, “Cellular senescence in aging primates,” Science, vol. 311, no. 5765, article 1257, 2006.
- J. C. Jeyapalan, M. Ferreira, J. M. Sedivy, and U. Herbig, “Accumulation of senescent cells in mitotic tissue of aging primates,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 36–44, 2007.
- S. U. Wiemann, A. Satyanarayana, M. Tsahuridu et al., “Hepatocyte telomere shortening and senescence are general markers of human liver cirrhosis,” FASEB Journal, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 935–942, 2002.
- W. Xue, L. Zender, C. Miething et al., “Senescence and tumour clearance is triggered by p53 restoration in murine liver carcinomas,” Nature, vol. 445, no. 7128, pp. 656–660, 2007.
- H. Jiang, E. Schiffer, Z. Song et al., “Proteins induced by telomere dysfunction and DNA damage represent biomarkers of human aging and disease,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 32, pp. 11299–11304, 2008.
- Y. Zou, A. Sfeir, S. M. Gryaznov, J. W. Shay, and W. E. Wright, “Does a sentinel or a subset of short telomeres determine replicative senescence?” Molecular Biology of the Cell, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 3709–3718, 2004.