- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 232016, 11 pages
Biology by Design: From Top to Bottom and Back
1Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
2Chemistry of Life Processes Institute, Northwestern University, 2170 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
3Member, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Received 5 July 2010; Accepted 22 September 2010
Academic Editor: Ganesh Sriram
Copyright © 2010 Brian R. Fritz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Julio M. Ottino, “Chemical Engineering in a Complex World: Grand Challenges, Vast Opportuniti es,” Aiche Journal, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 1654–1668, 2011.
- Robert C Glen, “Connecting the virtual world of computers to the real world of medicinal chemistry,” Future Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 399–403, 2011.
- Andres Jäschke, Ronald Micura, Arnold Grünweller, Roland Hartmann, Mark Helm, Wolfgang Liebl, Lars Merkel, Nediljko Budisa, Uschi Sundermann, Susanna Kushnir, and Frank Schulz, “Biochemistry 2010,” Nachrichten aus der Chemie, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 297–318, 2011.
- C. Eric Hodgman, and Michael C. Jewett, “Cell-free synthetic biology: Thinking outside the cell,” Metabolic Engineering, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 261–269, 2012.
- D. Calvin Harris, and Michael C Jewett, “Cell-free biology: exploiting the interface between synthetic biology and synthetic chemistry,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 672–678, 2012.
- Werner Kogge, and Michael Richter, “Synthetic biology and its alternatives. Descartes, Kant and the idea of engineering biological machines,” Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 181–189, 2013.