- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 254521, 12 pages
The Role of Lipopeptidophosphoglycan in the Immune Response to Entamoeba histolytica
1Medical Research Unit on Immunochemistry, Specialties Hospital, National Medical Centre “Siglo XXI”, Mexican Institute for Social Security (IMSS), 06720 Mexico City, Mexico
2Gastrointestinal Surgery Department, Specialties Hospital, National Medical Centre “Siglo XXI”, Mexican Institute for Social Security (IMSS), 06720 Mexico City, Mexico
3Graduate Program on Immunology, National School of Biological Sciences, National Polytechnic Institute, 11350 Mexico City, Mexico
4Graduate Program on Molecular Biomedicine and Biotechnology, National School of Biological Sciences, National Polytechnic Institute, 11350 Mexico City, Mexico
5Graduate Program on Chemical and Biological Sciences, National School of Biological Sciences, National Polytechnic Institute, 11350 Mexico City, Mexico
Received 30 June 2009; Accepted 12 October 2009
Academic Editor: Abhay R. Satoskar
Copyright © 2010 Isabel Wong-Baeza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Funda Dogruman-Al, Zahide Simsek, Kenneth Boorom, Eyup Ekici, Memduh Sahin, Candan Tuncer, Semra Kustimur, and Akif Altinbas, “Comparison of Methods for Detection of Blastocystis Infection in Routinely Submitted Stool Samples, and also in IBS/IBD Patients in Ankara, Turkey,” Plos One, vol. 5, no. 11, 2010.
- Franca-Botelho, Lopes, Franca, and Gomes, “Advances in amoebiasis research emphasizing immunological and oxidative aspects,” Research Journal of Parasitology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 2011.
- Daniela M. Faust, and Nancy Guillen, “Virulence and virulence factors in Entamoeba histolytica, the agent of human amoebiasis,” Microbes and Infection, vol. 14, no. 15, pp. 1428–1441, 2012.
- Tan Zi Ning, Wong Weng Kin, Shaymoli Mustafa, Arefuddin Ahmed, Rahmah Noordin, Tan Gim Cheong, Olivos-Garcia Alfonso, and Lim Boon Huat, “Detection of Entamoeba histolytica in experimentally induced amoebic liver abscess: comparison of three staining methods,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 61–65, 2012.
- Laura Oliveira-Nascimento, Paola Massari, and Lee Wetzler, “The role of TLR2 ininfection and immunity,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Jeanie Quach, Joëlle St-Pierre, and Kris Chadee, “The future for vaccine development against Entamoeba histolytica,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 6, 2014.
- Tong Shao, Lv-Yun Zhu, Li Nie, Wei Shi, Wei-Ren Dong, Li-Xin Xiang, and Jian-Zhong Shao, “Characterization of surface phenotypic molecules of teleost dendritic cells,” Developmental & Comparative Immunology, 2014.
- Arpita Saha, Amit Kumar Gaurav, Sudha Bhattacharya, and Alok Bhattacharya, “Molecular Basis of Pathogenesis in Amoebiasis,” Current Clinical Microbiology Reports, 2015.
- Eric G. Hernandez, Julio Granados, Oswaldo Partida-Rodriguez, Olivia Valenzuela, Edgar Rascon, Ulises Magana, Monica Escamilla-Tilch, Alberto Lopez-Reyes, Miriam Nieves-Ramirez, Enrique Gonzalez, Patricia Moran, Liliana Rojas, Alicia Valadez, Alexandra Luna, Francisco J. Estrada, Carmen Maldonado, and Cecilia Ximenez, “Prevalent HLA Class II Alleles in Mexico City Appear to Confer Resistance to the Development of Amebic Liver Abscess,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- M.E. Ávila-Blanco, M.H. Muñoz-Ortega, M. García-Lorenzana, A. Quintanar-Stephano, M.R. Campos-Esparza, R. Campos-Rodríguez, and J. Ventura-Juárez, “The Sympathetic Nervous System Regulates Inflammation in Amoebic Liver Abscess in Hamsters,” Advances in Neuroimmune Biology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 43–57, 2015.
- Rafael Campos-Rodríguez, Manuel Gutiérrez-Meza, Rosa Adriana Jarillo-Luna, María Elisa Drago-Serrano, Edgar Abarca-Rojano, Javier Ventura-Juárez, Luz María Cárdenas-Jaramillo, and Judith Pacheco-Yepez, “A review of the proposed role of neutrophils in rodent amebic liver abscess models,” Parasite, vol. 23, pp. 6, 2016.
- Suprabhat Mukherjee, Subhajit Karmakar, and Santi Sinha Babu, “TLR2 and TLR4 mediated host immune responses in major infectious diseases: a review,” The Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2016.