- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 294389, 6 pages
Cytokines and Their STATs in Cutaneous and Visceral Leishmaniasis
1Department of Microbiology, The Ohio State University, 484 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Center for Microbial Interface Biology, The Ohio State University, 484 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Received 9 September 2009; Accepted 18 November 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Hannah E. Cummings et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Catherine S. Nation, Blaise Dondji, and Gabrielle A. Stryker, “Previous exposure to a low infectious dose of Leishmania major exacerbates infection with Leishmania infantum in the susceptible BALB/c mouse,” Parasitology Research, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 1407–1415, 2012.
- J. Calla-Magariños, T. Quispe, A. Giménez, J. Freysdottir, M. Troye-Blomberg, and C. Fernández, “ Quinolinic Alkaloids from G alipea longiflora Krause Suppress Production of Proinflammatory Cytokines in vitro and Control Inflammation in vivo upon Leishmania Infection in Mice ,” Scandinavian Journal of Immunology, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 30–38, 2012.
- Daniel Cláudio De Oliveira Gomes, Rodrigo Porto Schwedersky, Luiz Dione Barbosa De-Melo, Beatriz Lilian Da Silva Costa Souza, Herbert Leonel De Matos Guedes, Ulisses Gazos Lopes, and Bartira Rossi-Bergmann, “Peripheral expression of LACK-mRNA induced by intranasal vaccination with PCI-NEO-LACK defines the protection duration against murine visceral leishmaniasis,” Parasitology, vol. 139, no. 12, pp. 1562–1569, 2012.
- Elisama Azevedo, Leandro Teixeira Oliveira, Ana Karina Castro Lima, Rodrigo Terra, Patrícia Maria Lourenço Dutra, and Verônica P. Salerno, “Interactions between Leishmania braziliensis and Macrophages Are Dependent on the Cytoskeleton and Myosin Va,” Journal of Parasitology Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Angamuthu Selvapandiyan, Ranadhir Dey, Sreenivas Gannavaram, Ines Lakhal-Naouar, Robert Duncan, Poonam Salotra, and Hira L. Nakhasi, “Immunity to Visceral Leishmaniasis Using Genetically Defined Live-Attenuated Parasites,” Journal of Tropical Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- F. M. D. Rodrigues, G. T. Coelho Neto, J. G. P. B. Menezes, M. E. A. Gama, E. G. Gonçalves, A. R. Silva, M. D. Laurenti, C. E. P. Corbett, F. T. Silveira, and C. M. C. Gomes, “Expression of Foxp3, TGF-β and IL-10 in American cutaneous leishmaniasis lesions,” Archives of Dermatological Research, 2013.
- Ranadhir Dey, Pradeep K. Dagur, Angamuthu Selvapandiyan, J. Philip McCoy, Poonam Salotra, Robert Duncan, and Hira L. Nakhasi, “Live Attenuated Leishmania donovani p27 Gene Knockout Parasites Are Nonpathogenic and Elicit Long-Term Protective Immunity in BALB/c Mice,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 190, no. 5, pp. 2138–2149, 2013.
- Matheus Fernandes Costa-Silva, Luciana Inácia Gomes, Olindo Assis Martins-Filho, Renata Rodrigues-Silva, Janaína de Moura Freire, Patrícia Flávia Quaresma, Marcelo Antônio Pascoal-Xavier, Tiago Antônio de Oliveira Mendes, Rogéria Serakides, Danielle Alves Gomes Zauli, Ana Carolina Campi-Azevedo, Maria Norma Melo, Célia Maria Ferreira Gontijo, Vanessa Peruhype-Magalhães, and Andréa Teixeira-Carvalho, “Gene expression profile of cytokines and chemokines in skin lesions from Brazilian Indians with localized cutaneous leishmaniasis,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 74–85, 2014.
- Victor Barreto-de-Souza, Pedro L.C. Ferreira, Aislan de Carvalho Vivarini, Teresa Calegari-Silva, Deivid Costa Soares, Eduardo G. Regis, Renata M.S. Pereira, Aristóbolo M. Silva, Elvira M. Saraiva, Ulisses G. Lopes, and Dumith Chequer Bou-Habib, “IL-27 enhances Leishmania amazonensis infection via ds-RNA dependent kinase (PKR) and IL-10 signaling,” Immunobiology, 2014.
- Kevin J. Peine, Gaurav Gupta, Deanna J. Brackman, Tracey L. Papenfuss, Kristy M. Ainslie, and Abhay R. Satoskar, “Liposomal resiquimod for the treatment of Leishmania donovani infection,” Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 168–175, 2014.