- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 302693, 9 pages
Psychological Stress Alters Ultrastructure and Energy Metabolism of Masticatory Muscle in Rats
Department of General Dentistry and Emergency, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, Shanxi 710032, China
Received 1 June 2010; Revised 14 September 2010; Accepted 16 September 2010
Academic Editor: M. Smith
Copyright © 2010 Yong-Jin Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Qiang Li, Min Zhang, Yong-Jin Chen, Ying-Jie Wang, Fei Huang, and Jia Liu, “Oxidative damage and HSP70 expression in masseter muscle induced by psychological stress in rats,” Physiology & Behavior, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 365–372, 2011.
- Gaoyi Wu, Lei Chen, Guoxiong Zhu, Yucheng Su, Yongjin Chen, Jing Sun, and Yanliang Wang, “Psychological stress induces alterations in temporomandibular joint ultrastructure in a rat model of temporomandibular disorder,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontology, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. e106–e112, 2011.
- Vanessa Batista da Costa Santos, Roberto Jose Ruiz, Evandro Doite Vettorato, Fabio Yuzo Nakamura, Luiz Carlos Juliani, Marcos Doederlein Polito, Claudia Patricia Cardoso Martins Siqueira, and Solange de Paula Ramos, “Effects of chronic caffeine intake and low-intensity exercise on skeletal m uscle of Wistar rats,” Experimental Physiology, vol. 96, no. 11, pp. 1228–1238, 2011.
- Keiichiro Okamoto, Akimasa Tashiro, Zheng Chang, Randall Thompson, and David A. Bereiter, “Temporomandibular joint-evoked responses by spinomedullary neurons and masseter muscle are enhanced after repeated psychophysical stress,” European Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 2025–2034, 2012.
- Gaoyi Wu, Lei Chen, Yucheng Su, Guoxiong Zhu, Peihuan Wang, Yanliang Wang, and Yongjin Chen, “The influence of psychological stress on the rat temporomandibular joint wi th the application of countermeasures,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 728–736, 2012.
- Charles J. Vierck, “A Mechanism-Based Approach to Prevention of and Therapy for Fibromyalgia,” Pain Research and Treatment, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Gaoyi Wu, Lei Chen, Huang Fei, Yucheng Su, Guoxiong Zhu, and Yongjin Chen, “Psychological stress may contribute to temporomandibular joint disorder in rats,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 183, no. 1, pp. 223–229, 2013.