- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 357412, 12 pages
The Role of Apolipoprotein E in Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Experimental Autoimmune Neuritis
1Department of Neurology, The First Hospital of Jilin University, 130021, Changchun, China
2Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE-141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Received 12 October 2009; Accepted 20 December 2009
Academic Editor: Don Mark Estes
Copyright © 2010 Hong-liang Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Xi-Jing Mao, Xing-Mei Zhang, Hai-Feng Li, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Abdu Adem, Eilhard Mix, and Jie Zhu, “APOE ε3 attenuates experimental autoimmune neuritis by modulating T cell, macrophage and Schwann cell functions,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 197–206, 2011.
- Ke-Jia Zhang, Hong-Liang Zhang, Xing-Mei Zhang, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Hernan Concha Quezada, Duo Zhang, and Jie Zhu, “Apolipoprotein E isoform-specific effects on cytokine and nitric oxide production from mouse Schwann cells after inflammatory stimulation,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 499, no. 3, pp. 175–180, 2011.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, and Xiao-Feng Wang, “Angel’s Trumpet-Associated Polyneuropathy—Is it Guillain-Barré Syndrome?,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 63, 2011.
- Fabian Grammes, and Harald Takle, “Anti-inflammatory effects of tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA) in macrophage- like cells from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.),” Bmc Immunology, vol. 12, 2011.
- A. S. T. Lourenco, I. Baldeiras, C. B. Duarte, and M. Graos, “Proteomics-Based Technologies in the Discovery of Biomarkers for Multiple S clerosis in the Cerebrospinal Fluid,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 326–349, 2011.
- Hongliang Zhang, and Jiang Wu, “Systemic lupus erythematosus associated relapsing polyneuropathy: Recurrent guillain-barré syndrome or chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy?,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 609–610, 2011.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Jie Lei, Su-Jie Gao, Yi Yang, and Jiang Wu, “APOE Gene ɛ Polymorphism and Ischemic Stroke in Children,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 79, 2011.
- Ganesh Balasubramanian, Ishwar K. Puri, Michael C. Boehm, and Frederic Leroy, “Thermal conductivity reduction through isotope substitution in nanomaterial s: predictions from an analytical classical model and nonequilibrium molecu lar dynamics simulations,” Nanoscale, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 3714–3720, 2011.
- Hongliang Zhang, Li-Min Wu, and Jiang Wu, “Cross-Talk between Apolipoprotein E and Cytokines,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2011, pp. 1–10, 2011.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Mohammed Y. Hassan, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Sheikh Azimullah, Hernan Concha Quezada, Naheed Amir, Mohamed Elwasila, Eilhard Mix, Abdu Adem, and Jie Zhu, “Attenuated EAN in TNF-alpha Deficient Mice Is Associated with an Altered Ba lance of M1/M2 Macrophages,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Sheikh Azimullah, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Xiao-Ke Wang, Naheed Amir, Eric P. Mensah-Brown, Mariam Al Shamsi, Allen Shahin, Rayomand Press, Jie Zhu, and Abdu Adem, “IFN-γ deficiency exacerbates experimental autoimmune neuritis in mice despite a mitigated systemic Th1 immune response,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, vol. 246, no. 1-2, pp. 18–26, 2012.
- Xing-Mei Zhang, Xi-Jing Mao, Hong-Liang Zhang, Xiang-Yu Zheng, T Therese Pham, Abdu Adem, Bengt Winblad, Eilhard Mix, and Jie Zhu, “Overexpression of apolipoprotein E4 increases kainic-acid-induced hippocamp al neurodegeneration,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 233, no. 1, pp. 323–332, 2012.
- T. Robak, and E. Robak, “Novel and Emerging Drugs for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Mechanism of Act ion and Therapeutic Activity,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 438–453, 2012.
- Laura Mandelli, and Alessandro Serretti, “Gene environment interaction studies in depression and suicidal behavior: an update,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2013.
- Mayank Aranke, and Asad I. Mian, “A Biomarker-Based Approach to Infectious Disease in the Pediatric Emergency Department,” Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 95–101, 2013.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Xiang-Yu Zheng, and Jie Zhu, “Th1/Th2/Th17/Treg cytokines in Guillain–Barré syndrome and experimental autoimmune neuritis,” Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2013.
- Christopher R. Pryce, and Federica Klaus, “Translating the evidence for gene association with depression into mouse models of depression-relevant behaviour: Current limitations and future potential,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2013.