- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 357412, 12 pages
The Role of Apolipoprotein E in Guillain-Barré Syndrome and Experimental Autoimmune Neuritis
1Department of Neurology, The First Hospital of Jilin University, 130021, Changchun, China
2Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE-141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
Received 12 October 2009; Accepted 20 December 2009
Academic Editor: Don Mark Estes
Copyright © 2010 Hong-liang Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [33 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Xi-Jing Mao, Xing-Mei Zhang, Hai-Feng Li, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Abdu Adem, Eilhard Mix, and Jie Zhu, “APOE ε3 attenuates experimental autoimmune neuritis by modulating T cell, macrophage and Schwann cell functions,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 230, no. 2, pp. 197–206, 2011.
- Ke-Jia Zhang, Hong-Liang Zhang, Xing-Mei Zhang, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Hernan Concha Quezada, Duo Zhang, and Jie Zhu, “Apolipoprotein E isoform-specific effects on cytokine and nitric oxide production from mouse Schwann cells after inflammatory stimulation,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 499, no. 3, pp. 175–180, 2011.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, and Xiao-Feng Wang, “Angel’s Trumpet-Associated Polyneuropathy—Is it Guillain-Barré Syndrome?,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 63, 2011.
- Fabian Grammes, and Harald Takle, “Anti-inflammatory effects of tetradecylthioacetic acid (TTA) in macrophage-like cells from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.),” Bmc Immunology, vol. 12, 2011.
- M. Graos, A. S. T. Lourenco, C. B. Duarte, and I. Baldeiras, “Proteomics-Based Technologies in the Discovery of Biomarkers for Multiple Sclerosis in the Cerebrospinal Fluid,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 326–349, 2011.
- Hongliang Zhang, and Jiang Wu, “Systemic lupus erythematosus associated relapsing polyneuropathy: Recurrent guillain-barré syndrome or chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy?,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 609–610, 2011.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Jie Lei, Su-Jie Gao, Yi Yang, and Jiang Wu, “APOE Gene ɛ Polymorphism and Ischemic Stroke in Children,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 79, 2011.
- Ganesh Balasubramanian, Ishwar K. Puri, Michael C. Boehm, and Frederic Leroy, “Thermal conductivity reduction through isotope substitution in nanomaterials: predictions from an analytical classical model and nonequilibrium molecular dynamics simulations,” Nanoscale, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 3714–3720, 2011.
- Hongliang Zhang, Li-Min Wu, and Jiang Wu, “Cross-Talk between Apolipoprotein E and Cytokines,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2011, pp. 1–10, 2011.
- Kalpana Ravella, Hong Yang, and Pandu R.R. Gangula, “Impairment of gastric nitrergic and NRF2 system in apolipoprotein E knockout mice,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1504–1509, 2012.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Sheikh Azimullah, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Xiao-Ke Wang, Naheed Amir, Eric P. Mensah-Brown, Mariam Al Shamsi, Allen Shahin, Rayomand Press, Jie Zhu, and Abdu Adem, “IFN-γ deficiency exacerbates experimental autoimmune neuritis in mice despite a mitigated systemic Th1 immune response,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, vol. 246, no. 1-2, pp. 18–26, 2012.
- Naheed Amir, Mohamed Elwasila, Eilhard Mix, Abdu Adem, Jie Zhu, Hong-Liang Zhang, Mohammed Y. Hassan, Xiang-Yu Zheng, Sheikh Azimullah, and Hernan Concha Quezada, “Attenuated EAN in TNF-alpha Deficient Mice Is Associated with an Altered Balance of M1/M2 Macrophages,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012.
- Wei Yuan, Kate Heesom, Robert Phillips, Lina Chen, Jo Trinder, and Andreś López Bernal, “Low abundance plasma proteins in labour,” Reproduction, vol. 144, no. 4, pp. 505–518, 2012.
- Xing-Mei Zhang, Xi-Jing Mao, Hong-Liang Zhang, Xiang-Yu Zheng, T Therese Pham, Abdu Adem, Bengt Winblad, Eilhard Mix, and Jie Zhu, “Overexpression of apolipoprotein E4 increases kainic-acid-induced hippocampal neurodegeneration,” Experimental Neurology, vol. 233, no. 1, pp. 323–332, 2012.
- M. Teresa Montero-Vega, “The Inflammatory Process Underlying Atherosclerosis,” Critical Reviews In Immunology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 373–462, 2012.
- Laura Mandelli, and Alessandro Serretti, “Gene environment interaction studies in depression and suicidal behavior: an update,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2013.
- Mayank Aranke, and Asad I. Mian, “A Biomarker-Based Approach to Infectious Disease in the Pediatric Emergency Department,” Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 95–101, 2013.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Xiang-Yu Zheng, and Jie Zhu, “Th1/Th2/Th17/Treg cytokines in Guillain–Barré syndrome and experimental autoimmune neuritis,” Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2013.
- Christopher R. Pryce, and Federica Klaus, “Translating the evidence for gene association with depression into mouse models of depression-relevant behaviour: Current limitations and future potential,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2013.
- Carmelo Lucio Sturiale, Alfredo Puca, Paola Sebastiani, Ilaria Gatto, Alessio Albanese, Concezio Di Rocco, Giulio Maira, and Roberto Pola, “Single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with sporadic brain arteriovenous malformations: Where do we stand?,” Brain, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 665–681, 2013.
- Nilay Hepgul, Annamaria Cattaneo, Patricia A. Zunszain, and Carmine M. Pariante, “Depression pathogenesis and treatment: What can we learn from blood mRNA expression?,” BMC Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, 2013.
- Yi Tao, Hong-Liang Zhang, Yin-Ming Hu, Shuo Wan, and Zheng-Quan Su, “Preparation of Chitosan and Water-Soluble Chitosan Microspheres via Spray-Drying Method to Lower Blood Lipids in Rats Fed with High-Fat Diets,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 4174–4184, 2013.
- Rana A. Abdelaal, Khaled M. F. Elsayed, and Mahmoud H. Ismail, “Joint Scheduling and Resource Allocation with Fairness Based on the Signal-to-Leakage-plus-Noise Ratio in the Downlink of CoMP Systems,” Wireless Personal Communications, 2013.
- Berta Maria Abreu Nogueiro Estevinho, Fernando Alberto Nogueira Rocha, Lúcia Maria Da Silveira Santos, and Maria Arminda Costa Alves, “Using water-soluble chitosan for flavour microencapsulation in food industry,” Journal of Microencapsulation, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 571–579, 2013.
- Stefan Blum, and Pamela A. McCombe, “Genetics of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP): current knowledge and future directions,” Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 88–103, 2014.
- Elham Bahreini, Khosrow Aghaiypour, Roghayeh Abbasalipourkabir, Ali Rezaei Mokarram, Mohammad Taghi Goodarzi, and Massoud Saidijam, “Preparation and nanoencapsulation of L-asparaginase II in chitosan-tripolyphosphate nanoparticles and in vitro release study,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 9, 2014.
- Yutang Wang, Smriti M. Krishna, Joseph Moxon, Tam Nguyen Dinh, Roby J. Jose, Hongyou Yu, and Jonathan Golledge, “Influence of apolipoprotein E, age and aortic site on calcium phosphate induced abdominal aortic aneurysm in mice,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 235, no. 1, pp. 204–212, 2014.
- Haitao Pan, Jiao Guo, and Zhengquan Su, “Advances in understanding the interrelations between leptin resistance and obesity,” Physiology & Behavior, 2014.
- Hong-Liang Zhang, Limin Wu, and Xiujuan Wu, “Can IFN-gamma be a therapeutic target in Guillain-Barre syndrome?,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 355–363, 2014.
- E. Slyusareva, M. Gerasimova, A. Plotnikov, and A. Sizykh, “Spectral study of fluorone dyes adsorption on chitosan-based polyelectrolyte complexes,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 417, pp. 80–87, 2014.
- Sirong Tan, Bing Gao, Yi Tao, Jiao Guo, and Zheng-quan Su, “Antiobese Effects of Capsaicin–Chitosan Microsphere (CCMS) in Obese Rats Induced by High Fat Diet,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, pp. 140214094528007, 2014.
- Sophie Rogée, Morgane Le Gall, Philippe Chafey, Jérôme Bouquet, Nathalie Cordonnier, Christian Frederici, and Nicole Pavio, “Quantitative Proteomics Identifies Host Factors Modulated during Acute Hepatitis E Virus Infection in the Swine Model,” Journal of Virology, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 129–143, 2014.
- J. Maddock, A. Cavadino, C. Power, and E. Hyppoenen, “25-Hydroxyvitamin D, APOE epsilon 4 genotype and cognitive function: findings from the 1958 British birth cohort,” European Journal Of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 505–508, 2015.