- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 369549, 29 pages
Differential Expression of MicroRNAs between Eutopic and Ectopic Endometrium in Ovarian Endometriosis
1Laboratory of Oncological Gynecology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, and Biotechnology Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Piemonte Orientale “Amedeo Avogadro”, 28100 Novara, Italy
2Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, and Biotechnology Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Piemonte Orientale “Amedeo Avogadro”, 28100 Novara, Italy
Received 12 March 2009; Revised 10 August 2009; Accepted 19 December 2009
Academic Editor: Sorin Draghici
Copyright © 2010 Nicoletta Filigheddu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [32 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Elena S. Ratner, David Tuck, Christine Richter, Sunitha Nallur, Rajeshvari M. Patel, Vince Schultz, Pei Hui, Peter E. Schwartz, Thomas J. Rutherford, and Joanne B. Weidhaas, “MicroRNA signatures differentiate uterine cancer tumor subtypes,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 251–257, 2010.
- Warren B. Nothnick, and Caitlin Healy, “Estrogen Induces Distinct Patterns of MicroRNA Expression Within the Mouse Uterus,” Reproductive Sciences, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 987–994, 2010.
- Gabriela dos Santos Hidalgo, Juliana Meola, Júlio César Rosa e Silva, Cláudia Cristina Paro de Paz, and Rui Alberto Ferriani, “TAGLN expression is deregulated in endometriosis and may be involved in cell invasion, migration, and differentiation,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 700–703, 2011.
- Shannon M. Hawkins, Gregory M. Buchold, and Martin M. Matzuk, “Minireview: The Roles of Small RNA Pathways in Reproductive Medicine,” Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1257–1279, 2011.
- Shannon M. Hawkins, Chad J. Creighton, Derek Y. Han, Azam Zariff, Matthew L. Anderson, Preethi H. Gunaratne, and Martin M. Matzuk, “Functional MicroRNA Involved in Endometriosis,” Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 821–832, 2011.
- Luis A. Ramon, Aitana Braza-Boils, Juan Gilabert-Estelles, Juan Gilabert, Francisco Espana, Melitina Chirivella, and Amparo Estelles, “microRNAs expression in endometriosis and their relation to angiogenic fact ors,” Human Reproduction, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 1082–1090, 2011.
- Jeong Namkung, Sa Jin Kim, Jang Heub Kim, Jeana Kim, and Soo Young Hur, “Rectal endometriosis with invasion into lymph nodes,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1117–1121, 2011.
- L. Dai, L. Gu, and W. Di, “MiR-199a attenuates endometrial stromal cell invasiveness through suppression of the IKK /NF- B pathway and reduced interleukin-8 expression,” Molecular Human Reproduction, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 136–145, 2011.
- Harekrushna Panda, Leslie Pelakh, Tsai-Der Chuang, Xiaoping Luo, Orhan Bukulmez, and Nasser Chegini, “Endometrial miR-200c is Altered During Transformation into Cancerous States and Targets the Expression of ZEBs, VEGFA, FLT1, IKK beta, KLF9, and FBLN5 ,” Reproductive Sciences, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 786–796, 2012.
- Shih-Chieh Lin, Chih-Chuan Wang, Meng-Hsing Wu, Shang-Hsun Yang, Yo-Hua Li, and Shaw-Jenq Tsai, “Hypoxia-induced microRNA-20a expression increases ERK phosphorylation and angiogenic gene expression in endometriotic stromal cells,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 97, no. 8, pp. E1515–E1523, 2012.
- E. Zorio, A. Estelles, P. Medina, J. Gilabert-Estelles, L. A. Ramon, A. Braza-Boils, and F. Espana, “Role of microRNAs in Gynecological Pathology,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 15, pp. 2406–2413, 2012.
- Shuang Liu, Shan Gao, Xiao Ying Wang, and Dan Bo Wang, “Expression of miR-126 and Crk in endometriosis: miR-126 may affect the prog ression of endometriosis by regulating Crk expression,” Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 285, no. 4, pp. 1065–1072, 2012.
- S.-z. Jia, Y. Yang, J. Lang, P. Sun, and J. Leng, “Plasma miR-17-5p, miR-20a and miR-22 are down-regulated in women with endometriosis,” Human Reproduction, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 322–330, 2012.
- Bb Lin Bei-Bei, Y Zhang Yi, Y Xu Yang, Cl Pei Chen-Lin, Ex Cao E-Xiang, Gq Peng Guo-Qing, X Zhu Xin, Yh Zhao Yan-Hua, and Jt Cai Jing-Ting, “The Main miRNA Regulators Drosha and Dicer Are Associated With Ectopic Endo metrium,” Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 78–85, 2012.
- Eric W-F Lam, Kunal Shah, and Jan J. Brosens, “The diversity of sex steroid action: the role of micro-RNAs and FOXO transc ription factors in cycling endometrium and cancer,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 212, no. 1, pp. 13–25, 2012.
- Claudia Neubauer, Ludwig Kiesel, and Martin Götte, “MicroRNAs and the pathogenesis of endometriosis,” Journal of Endometriosis, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Amalia Forte, Marilena Cipollaro, and Umberto Galderisi, “Genetic, epigenetic and stem cell alterations in endometriosis: new insights and potential therapeutic perspectives,” Clinical Science, vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 123–138, 2013.
- João Siufi Neto, Rosanne M. Kho, Daniela Freitas dos Santos Siufi, Edmund Chada Baracat, Karen S. Anderson, and Maurício Simões Abrão, “Cellular, Histologic, and Molecular Changes Associated with Endometriosis and Ovarian Cancer,” Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, 2013.
- M. Louise Hull, and Victoria Nisenblat, “Tissue and circulating microRNA influence reproductive function in endometrial disease,” Reproductive BioMedicine Online, 2013.
- Claire M. Mach, Jong Kim, Benjamin Soibam, Chad J. Creighton, Shannon M. Hawkins, Israel Zighelboim, Paul Goodfellow, Preethi H. Gunaratne, Kunle Odunsi, Philip A. Salem, and Matthew L. Anderson, “Novel MicroRNAs regulating proliferation and apoptosis in uterine papillary serous carcinomas,” Cancer Letters, vol. 335, no. 2, pp. 314–322, 2013.
- Jin-Hee Hwang, Jin-Ju Oh, Tao Wang, Yong-Cheng Jin, Jae-Sung Lee, Jong-Ryeol Choi, Kyu-Sup Lee, Jong-Kil Joo, and Hong-Gu Lee, “Identification of biomarkers for endometriosis in eutopic endometrial cells from patients with endometriosis using a proteomics approach,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 183–188, 2013.
- Lucy Stephens, Julie Whitehouse, and Marie Polley, “Western Herbal Medicine, Epigenetics, and Endometriosis,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 130605081914001, 2013.
- Marlene Adammek, Burkhard Greve, Nadja Kässens, Cornelia Schneider, Kathrin Brüggemann, Andreas N. Schüring, Anna Starzinski-Powitz, Ludwig Kiesel, and Martin Götte, “MicroRNA miR-145 inhibits proliferation, invasiveness, and stem cell phenotype of an in vitro endometriosis model by targeting multiple cytoskeletal elements and pluripotency factors,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 1346–1355.e5, 2013.
- Licong Shen, Shiyuan Yang, Wei Huang, Wenming Xu, Qiushi Wang, Yong Song, and Ying Liu, “MicroRNA23a and MicroRNA23b deregulation derepresses SF-1 and upregulates estrogen signaling in ovarian endometriosis,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 1575–1582, 2013.
- Cornelia Schneider, Nadja Kässens, Burkhard Greve, Hebatallah Hassan, Andreas N. Schüring, Anna Starzinski-Powitz, Ludwig Kiesel, Daniela G. Seidler, and Martin Götte, “Targeting of syndecan-1 by micro-ribonucleic acid miR-10b modulates invasiveness of endometriotic cells via dysregulation of the proteolytic milieu and interleukin-6 secretion,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 871–881.e1, 2013.
- Wakana Abe, Kaei Nasu, Chisato Nakada, Yukie Kawano, Masatsugu Moriyama, and Hisashi Narahara, “MiR-196b targets c-myc and Bcl-2 expression, inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in endometriotic stromal cells,” Human Reproduction, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 750–761, 2013.
- Eing-Mei Tsai, Yung-Song Wang, Chang-Shen Lin, Wen-Yin Lin, Edward Hsi, Ming-Tsang Wu, and Suh-Hang H Juo, “A microRNA-520 mirSNP at the MMP2 gene influences susceptibility to endometriosis in Chinese women,” Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 202–209, 2013.
- Wen-Tao Wang, Ya-Nan Zhao, Bo-Wei Han, Shun-Jia Hong, and Yue-Qin Chen, “Circulating microRNAs identified in a genome-wide serum microRNA expression analysis as noninvasive biomarkers for endometriosis,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 281–289, 2013.
- Florian Sohler, Anette Sommer, David L. Wachter, Abbas Agaimy, Oliver M. Fischer, Stefan P. Renner, Stefanie Burghaus, Peter A. Fasching, Matthias W. Beckmann, Ulrike Fuhrmann, Reiner Strick, and Pamela L. Strissel, “Tissue Remodeling and Nonendometrium-Like Menstrual Cycling Are Hallmarks o f Peritoneal Endometriosis Lesions,” Reproductive Sciences, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 85–102, 2013.
- Malay Bhattacharyya, “Studying the differential co-expression of microRNAs reveals significant ro le of white matter in early Alzheimer's progression,” Molecular Biosystems, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 457–466, 2013.
- A. Braza-Boils, J. Mari-Alexandre, J. Gilabert, D. Sanchez-Izquierdo, F. Espana, A. Estelles, and J. Gilabert-Estelles, “MicroRNA expression profile in endometriosis: its relation to angiogenesis and fibrinolytic factors,” Human Reproduction, 2014.
- Chia-Yi Hsu, Tsung-Hua Hsieh, Cheng-Fang Tsai, Hung-Pei Tsai, Hung-Sheng Chen, Yu Chang, Hui-Yu Chuang, Jau-Nan Lee, Ya-Ling Hsu, and Eing-Mei Tsai, “miRNA-199a-5p regulates VEGFA in endometrial mesenchymal stem cells and contributes to the pathogenesis of endometriosis,” The Journal of Pathology, vol. 232, no. 3, pp. 330–343, 2014.