- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 384523, 7 pages
Infection with Hymenolepis diminuta Is More Effective than Daily Corticosteroids in Blocking Chemically Induced Colitis in Mice
Gastrointestinal Research Group, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Calvin, Phoebe & Joan Snyder Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 4N1
Received 24 July 2009; Accepted 16 September 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Alexandra Melon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Arthur Wang, Maria Fernando, Gabriella Leung, Van Phan, David Smyth, and Derek M. McKay, “Exacerbation of Oxazolone Colitis by Infection with the Helminth Hymenolepis diminuta,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 177, no. 6, pp. 2850–2859, 2010.
- Yoshio Osada, and Tamotsu Kanazawa, “Parasitic Helminths: New Weapons against Immunological Disorders,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2010, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- Chelsea E. Matisz, Jason J. McDougall, Keith A. Sharkey, and Derek M. McKay, “Helminth Parasites and the Modulation of Joint Inflammation,” Journal of Parasitology Research, vol. 2011, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- David E. Elliott, and Joel V. Weinstock, “Where are we on worms?,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 551–556, 2012.
- Jose-Luis Reyes Hernandez, Gabriella Leung, and Derek M. McKay, “Cestode regulation of inflammation and inflammatory diseases,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 233–243, 2013.
- Mark W. Robinson, John P. Dalton, Bronwyn A. O’Brien, and Sheila Donnelly, “Fasciola hepatica: The therapeutic potential of a worm secretome,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 283–291, 2013.
- Charles E. Pittaway, April L. Lawson, Gerald C. Coles, and A. Douglas Wilson, “Systemic and mucosal IgE antibody responses of horses to infection with Anoplocephala perfoliata,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2013.
- Alberto N. Peón, Arlett Espinoza-Jiménez, and Luis I. Terrazas, “Immunoregulation by Taenia crassiceps and Its Antigens,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Marthe Heylen, Nathalie E. Ruyssers, Els M. Gielis, Els Vanhomwegen, Paul A. Pelckmans, Tom G. Moreels, Joris G. De Man, and Benedicte Y. De Winter, “Of worms, mice and man: An overview of experimental and clinical helminth-based therapy for inflammatory bowel disease,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2014.