- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 401537, 5 pages
Analysis of Adiponectin Gene Polymorphisms in Chinese Population with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
1Department of Immunology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
2Laboratory of Molecular Translational Medicine, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Received 11 January 2010; Accepted 15 March 2010
Academic Editor: George C. Tsokos
Copyright © 2010 Wen Liang Fang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Rahman and D. A. Isenberg, “Systemic lupus erythematosus,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 358, no. 9, pp. 929–939, 2008.
- J. Wang, S. Yang, J. J. Chen, et al., “Systemic lupus erythematosus: a genetic epidemiology study of 695 patients from China,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 298, no. 10, pp. 485–491, 2007.
- S. P. Ardoin and D. S. Pisetsky, “Developments in the scientific understanding of lupus,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 10, no. 5, p. 218, 2008.
- M. Molokhia and P. Mckeigue, “Systemic lupus erythematosus: genes versus environment in high risk populations,” Lupus, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 827–832, 2006.
- K. Maeda, K. Okubo, I. Shimomura, T. Funahashi, Y. Matsuzawa, and K. Matsubara, “cDNA cloning and expression of a novel adipose specific collagen-like factor, apM1 (AdiPose Most abundant Gene transcript 1),” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 286–289, 1996.
- H. Tilg and A. R. Moschen, “Adipocytokines: mediators linking adipose tissue, inflammation and immunity,” Nature Reviews Immunology, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 772–783, 2006.
- N. Ouchi, S. Kihara, Y. Arita, et al., “Novel modulator for endothelial adhesion molecules: adipocyte-derived plasma protein adiponectin,” Circulation, vol. 100, no. 25, pp. 2473–2476, 1999.
- J. Kawano and R. Arora, “The role of adiponectin in obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease,” Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndrome, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 44–49, 2009.
- S. Li, H. J. Shin, E. L. Ding, and R. M. Van Dam, “Adiponectin levels and risk of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 302, no. 2, pp. 179–188, 2009.
- C. P. Chung, A. G. Long, J. F. Solus, et al., “Adipocytokines in systemic lupus erythematosus: relationship to inflammation, insulin resistance and coronary atherosclerosis,” Lupus, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 799–806, 2009.
- B. H. Rovin, H. Song, L. A. Hebert, et al., “Plasma, urine, and renal expression of adiponectin in human systemic lupus erythematosus,” Kidney International, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1825–1833, 2005.
- B. H. Rovin, D. J. Birmingham, H. N. Nagaraja, C. Y. Yu, and L. A. Hebert, “Biomarker discovery in human SLE nephritis,” Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 187–193, 2007.
- M. Adamczak, A. Wiecek, T. Funahashi, J. Chudek, F. Kokot, and Y. Matsuzawa, “Decreased plasma adiponectin concentration in patients with essential hypertension,” American Journal of Hypertension, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 72–75, 2003.
- C. Zoccali, F. Mallamaci, G. Tripepi, et al., “Adiponectin, metabolic risk factors, and cardiovascular events among patients with end-stage renal disease,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 134–141, 2002.
- A. G. Comuzzie, T. Funahashi, G. Sonnenberg, et al., “The genetic basis of plasma variation in adiponectin, a global endophenotype for obesity and the metabolic syndrome,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 86, no. 9, pp. 4321–4325, 2001.
- M. Takahashi, Y. Arita, K. Yamagata, et al., “Genomic structure and mutations in adipose-specific gene, adiponectin,” International Journal of Obesity, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 861–868, 2000.
- I. M. Heid, P. Henneman, A. Hicks, et al., “Clear detection of ADIPOQ locus as the major gene for plasma adiponectin: results of genome-wide association analyses including 4659 European individuals,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 412–420, 2010.
- G. Mohammadzadeh and N. Zarghami, “Associations between single-nucleotide polymorphisms of the adiponectin gene, serum adiponectin levels and increased risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in Iranian obese individuals,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 764–771, 2009.
- L. Li, R. Wu, and J. Zhao, “Adiponectine gene +45T/G and +276G/T polymorphism and antipsychotic-induced weight gain,” Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 693–696, 2009.
- K. Tsuzaki, K. Kotani, N. Nagai, et al., “Adiponectin gene single-nucleotide polymorphisms and treatment response to obesity,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 395–400, 2009.
- L. Foucan, N. Ezourhi, S. Maimaitiming, et al., “Adiponectin multimers and ADIPOQ T45G in coronary artery disease in Caribbean type 2 diabetic subjects of African descent,” Obesity. In press.
- E. M. Tan, A. S. Cohen, J. F. Fries, et al., “The 1982 revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythrematosus,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1271–1277, 1982.
- W.-S. Yang and L.-M. Chuang, “Human genetics of adiponectin in the metabolic syndrome,” Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 112–121, 2006.
- J. B. De Sanctis, M. Zabaleta, N. E. Bianco, J. V. Garmendia, and L. Rivas, “Serum adipokine levels in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Autoimmunity, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 272–274, 2009.
- K.-E. Sada, Y. Yamasaki, M. Maruyama, et al., “Altered levels of adipocytokines in association with insulin resistance in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1545–1552, 2006.
- W.-S. Yang, P.-L. Tsou, W.-J. Lee, et al., “Allele-specific differential expression of a common adiponectin gene polymorphism related to obesity,” Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 428–434, 2003.
- K. Kara, P. Boutin, Y. Mori, et al., “Genetic variation in the gene encoding adiponectin is associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese population,” Diabetes, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 536–540, 2002.
- T. I. Pollin, K. Tanner, J. R. O'Connell, et al., “Linkage of plasma adiponectin levels to 3q27 explained by association with variation in the APM1 gene,” Diabetes, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 268–274, 2005.
- C. S. Mantzoros, C. J. Williams, J. E. Manson, J. B. Meigs, and F. B. Hu, “Adherence to the Mediterranean dietary pattern is positively associated with plasma adiponectin concentrations in diabetic women,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 328–335, 2006.
- C. S. Mantzoros, T. Li, J. E. Manson, J. B. Meigs, and F. B. Hu, “Circulating adiponectin levels are associated with better glycemic control, more favorable lipid profile, and reduced inflammation in women with type 2 diabetes,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. 4542–4548, 2005.
- Z. Yu, X. Ye, J. Wang, et al., “Associations of physical activity with inflammatory factors, adipocytokines, and metabolic syndrome in middle-aged and older chinese people,” Circulation, vol. 119, no. 23, pp. 2969–2977, 2009.