- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 428593, 9 pages
Immunity against Helminths: Interactions with the Host and the Intercurrent Infections
UMR ENVN/INRA 1300 Bioagression, Épidémiologie et Analyse de Risques, Atlanpole-La Chantrerie, Route de Gachet, BP40706, 44307 Nantes, France
Received 28 July 2009; Accepted 25 November 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Emmanuelle Moreau and Alain Chauvin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [42 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Katie L. Flanagan, Sarah Burl, Barbara L. Lohman-Payne, and Magdalena Plebanski, “The challenge of assessing infant vaccine responses in resource-poor settings,” Expert Review Of Vaccines, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 665–674, 2010.
- J. Pleasance, E. Wiedosari, H. W. Raadsma, E. Meeusen, and D. Piedrafita, “Resistance to liver fluke infection in the natural sheep host is correlated with a type-1 cytokine response,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 495–505, 2011.
- R.E.B. Hanna, A.W. Gordon, D. Moffett, H.W.J. Edgar, L.F. Oliver, S. McConnell, L. Shaw, G.P. Brennan, and I. Fairweather, “Fasciola hepatica: Comparative effects of host resistance and parasite intra-specific interactions on size and reproductive histology in flukes from rats infected with isolates differing in triclabendazole sensitivity,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 251–263, 2011.
- Moizur Rahman, Eung-Goo Lee, and Young-An Bae, “Two-dimensional immunoblot analysis of antigenic proteins of Spirometra plerocercoid recognized by human patient sera,” Parasitology International, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 139–143, 2011.
- Jan Axtner, and Simone Sommer, “Heligmosomoides polygyrus infection is associated with lower MHC class II gene expression in Apodemus flavicollis: Indication for immune suppression?,” Infection Genetics And Evolution, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 2063–2071, 2011.
- Praveen K. Mullangi, Lokesh Shahani, and Janak Koirala, “Role of Endogenous Biological Response Modifiers in Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases,” Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 733–754, 2011.
- S.M. Criscione, “Spinocellular carcinoma from warts in a HPV infection natural history lasting 49years. Virus strategy or host choice? Implications for researches and therapeutic vaccines,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 777–781, 2011.
- Laura R. Sangare, Bradely R. Herrin, Grace John-Stewart, and Judd L. Walson, “Species-specific treatment effects of helminth/HIV-1 co-infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Parasitology, vol. 138, no. 12, pp. 1546–1558, 2011.
- Vanessa O. Ezenwa, and Anna E. Jolles, “From Host Immunity to Pathogen Invasion: The Effects of Helminth Coinfection on the Dynamics of Microparasites,” Integrative And Comparative Biology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 540–551, 2011.
- G. Mourglia-Ettlin, M. C. Amezcua-Vesely, R. Fraga, A. Baz, M. C. Merino, A. Gruppi, and S. Dematteis, “Echinococcus granulosus glycoconjugates induce peritoneal B cell differentiation into antibody-secreting cells and cytokine production,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 621–631, 2011.
- Alketa Hysni Bakiri, and Çerçiz Ervin Mingomataj, “Urticaria as symptom of parasite migration through the biological Barriers,” Open Allergy Journal, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- William Harnett, Helen S. Goodridge, Janet M. Allen, and Margaret Harnett, “Receptor usage by the Acanthocheilonema viteae-derived immunomodulator, ES-62,” Experimental Parasitology, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 97–102, 2012.
- Helen L. Gerns, Laura R. Sangare, and Judd L. Walson, “Integration of Deworming into HIV Care and Treatment: A Neglected Opportunity,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 6, no. 7, 2012.
- M. Rinaldi, and P. Geldhof, “Immunologically based control strategies for ostertagiosis in cattle: where do we stand?,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 254–264, 2012.
- N du Plessis, L Kleynhans, L Thiart, P D van Helden, F Brombacher, W G C Horsnell, and G Walzl, “Acute helminth infection enhances early macrophage mediated control of mycobacterial infection,” Mucosal Immunology, 2012.
- S.M. Criscione, “May viral (antigen) load be the real crucial tool leading to anergy in a “micro-evolutionary” model of host/virus interaction?,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 774–778, 2012.
- Isis Ludwig-Portugall, and Laura E. Layland, “Tlrs, Treg, and B cells, an interplay of regulation during helminth infection,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Narin Changklungmoa, Pornanan Kueakhai, Suda Riengrojpitak, Kulathida Chaithirayanon, Pannigan Chaichanasak, Narin Preyavichyapugdee, Pathanin Chantree, Veerawat Sansri, Tadashi Itagaki, and Prasert Sobhon, “Immunization with recombinant leucine aminopeptidase showed protection against Fasciola gigantica in mice,” Parasitology Research, 2013.
- K. V. Vukman, P. N. Adams, and S. M. O'Neill, “ Fasciola hepatica tegumental coat antigen suppresses MAPK signalling in dendritic cells and up-regulates the expression of SOCS3 ,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 35, no. 7-8, pp. 234–238, 2013.
- Krisztina V. Vukman, Paul N. Adams, David Dowling, Martin Metz, Marcus Maurer, and Sandra M. O’Neill, “The effects of Fasciola hepatica tegumental antigens on mast cell function,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 531–539, 2013.
- Krisztina V. Vukman, Paul N. Adams, Martin Metz, Marcus Maurer, and Sandra M. O'Neill, “Fasciola hepatica tegumental coat impairs mast cells' ability to drive Th1 immune responses,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 190, no. 6, pp. 2873–2879, 2013.
- Jennifer E. Snyder-Cappione, and Barbara S. Nikolajczyk, “When diet and exercise are not enough, think immunomodulation,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 30–38, 2013.
- Geetha Mathew, Magith Thambi, and M.K. Unnikrishnan, “A multimodal Darwinian strategy for alleviating the atherosclerosis pandemic,” Medical Hypotheses, 2013.
- Pornanan Kueakhai, Narin Changklungmoa, Suda Riengrojpitak, Pannigan Chaichanasak, Krai Meemon, Kulathida Chaithirayanon, Pathanin Chantree, Veerawat Sansri, Tadashi Itagaki, and Prasert Sobhon, “Vaccine potential of recombinant saposin-like protein 2 against Fasciolosis gigantica in mice,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 47, pp. 5518–5523, 2013.
- Hayley Toet, David M. Piedrafita, and Terry W. Spithill, “Liver fluke vaccines in ruminants: strategies, progress and future opportunities,” International Journal for Parasitology, 2014.
- Christian Perez-Shibayama, Cristina Gil-Cruz, and Burkhard Ludewig, “Plasticity and complexity of B cell responses against persisting pathogens,” Immunology Letters, 2014.
- J.M. Martínez-Pérez, D. Robles-Pérez, J. Benavides, L. Morán, S. Andrés, F.J. Giráldez, F.A. Rojo-Vázquez, and M. Martínez-Valladares, “Effect of Dietary Supplementation With Flaxseed Oil Or Vitamin E on Sheep Experimentally Infected with Fasciola hepatica,” Research in Veterinary Science, 2014.
- Kant Sangpairoj, Narin Changklungmoa, Rapeepun Vanichviriyakit, Prasert Sobhon, and Kulathida Chaithirayanon, “Analysis of the expression and antioxidant activity of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin protein in Fasciola gigantica,” Experimental Parasitology, 2014.
- L. Garza-Cuartero, A. Garcia-Campos, A. Zintl, A. Chryssafidis, J. O'Sullivan, and M. Sekiya, “The Worm Turns Trematodes Steering the Course of Co-infections,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 385–392, 2014.
- Katerina Oikonomopoulou, Davor Brinc, Andreas Hadjisavvas, Georgios Christofi, Kyriacos Kyriacou, and Eleftherios P. Diamandis, “The bifacial role of helminths in cancer: Involvement of immune and non-immune mechanisms,” Critical Reviews in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Xiaoyun Wang, Wenjun Chen, Yanli Tian, Qiang Mao, Xiaoli Lv, Mei Shang, Xuerong Li, Xinbing Yu, and Yan Huang, “Surface display of Clonorchis sinensis enolase on Bacillus subtilis spores potentializes an oral vaccine candidate,” Vaccine, 2014.
- Nahya Salim, Tobias Schindler, Ummi Abdul, Julian Rothen, Blaise Genton, Omar Lweno, Alisa S Mohammed, John Masimba, Denis Kwaba, Salim Abdulla, Marcel Tanner, Claudia Daubenberger, and Stefanie Knopp, “Enterobiasis and strongyloidiasis and associated co-infections and morbidity markers in infants, preschool- and school-aged children from rural coastal Tanzania: a cross-sectional study,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 644, 2014.
- Radovan Václav, and Jana Blažeková, “The Effect of Anthelmintic Treatment on Coccidia Oocyst Shedding in a Wild Mammal Host with Intermittent Cestode Infection,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Víctor H. Salazar-Castañon, Martha Legorreta-Herrera, and Miriam Rodriguez-Sosa, “ Helminth Parasites Alter Protection against Plasmodium Infection ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–19, 2014.
- Olubukola Deborah Adedipe, Emmanuel Chibuike Uwalaka, Victor Oluwatoyin Akinseye, Oyeduntan Adejoju Adediran, and Simeon Idowu Babalola Cadmus, “Gastrointestinal Helminths in Slaughtered Cattle in Ibadan, South-Western Nigeria,” Journal of Veterinary Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Sina Brueckner, Selidji T. Agnandji, Stefan Berberich, Emmanuel Bache, Jose F. Fernandes, Brunhilde Schweiger, Marguerite Massinga Loembe, Thomas Engleitner, Bertrand Lell, Benjamin Mordmueller, Ayola A. Adegnika, Maria Yazdanbakhsh, Peter G. Kremsner, and Meral Esen, “Effect of Antihelminthic Treatment on Vaccine Immunogenicity to a Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Primary School Children in Gabon: A Randomized Placebo,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 9, no. 6, 2015.
- B. Habig, and E. A. Archie, “Social status, immune response and parasitism in males: a meta-analysis,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol. 370, no. 1669, pp. 20140109–20140109, 2015.
- Clotilde Biard, Karine Monceau, Sébastien Motreuil, and Jérôme Moreau, “ Interpreting immunological indices: The importance of taking parasite community into account. An example in blackbirds Turdus merula ,” Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 2015.
- Veerawat Sansri, Krai Meemon, Narin Changklungmoa, Pornanan Kueakhai, Pathanin Chantree, Pannigan Chaichanasak, Natcha Lorsuwannarat, Tadashi Itagaki, and Prasert Sobhon, “Protection against Fasciola gigantica infection in mice by vaccination with recombinant juvenile-specific cathepsin L,” Vaccine, 2015.
- A. Vatankhah, J. Halász, V. Piurkó, T. Barbai, E. Rásó, and J. Tímár, “Characterization of the inflammatory cell infiltrate and expression of costimulatory molecules in chronic echinococcus granulosus infection of the human liver,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Syilvia Jiero, Muhammad Ali, Syahril Pasaribu, and Ayodhia Pitaloka Pasaribu, “Correlation between eosinophil count and soil-transmitted helminth infection in children,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 813–816, 2015.
- B.S. Dezfuli, T. Bo, M. Lorenzoni, A.P. Shinn, and L. Giari, “Fine structure and cellular responses at the host–parasite interface in a range of fish–helminth systems,” Veterinary Parasitology, 2015.