- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 428593, 9 pages
Immunity against Helminths: Interactions with the Host and the Intercurrent Infections
UMR ENVN/INRA 1300 Bioagression, Épidémiologie et Analyse de Risques, Atlanpole-La Chantrerie, Route de Gachet, BP40706, 44307 Nantes, France
Received 28 July 2009; Accepted 25 November 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Emmanuelle Moreau and Alain Chauvin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Katie L. Flanagan, Sarah Burl, Barbara L. Lohman-Payne, and Magdalena Plebanski, “The challenge of assessing infant vaccine responses in resource-poor settin gs,” Expert Review of Vaccines, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 665–674, 2010.
- J. Pleasance, E. Wiedosari, H. W. Raadsma, E. Meeusen, and D. Piedrafita, “Resistance to liver fluke infection in the natural sheep host is correlated with a type-1 cytokine response,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 495–505, 2011.
- Moizur Rahman, Eung-Goo Lee, and Young-An Bae, “Two-dimensional immunoblot analysis of antigenic proteins of Spirometra plerocercoid recognized by human patient sera,” Parasitology International, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 139–143, 2011.
- R.E.B. Hanna, A.W. Gordon, D. Moffett, H.W.J. Edgar, L.F. Oliver, S. McConnell, L. Shaw, G.P. Brennan, and I. Fairweather, “Fasciola hepatica: Comparative effects of host resistance and parasite intra-specific interactions on size and reproductive histology in flukes from rats infected with isolates differing in triclabendazole sensitivity,” Veterinary Parasitology, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 251–263, 2011.
- Praveen K. Mullangi, Lokesh Shahani, and Janak Koirala, “Role of Endogenous Biological Response Modifiers in Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases,” Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 733–754, 2011.
- Jan Axtner, and Simone Sommer, “Heligmosomoides polygyrus infection is associated with lower MHC class II g ene expression in Apodemus flavicollis: Indication for immune suppression?,” Infection Genetics and Evolution, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 2063–2071, 2011.
- S.M. Criscione, “Spinocellular carcinoma from warts in a HPV infection natural history lasting 49years. Virus strategy or host choice? Implications for researches and therapeutic vaccines,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 777–781, 2011.
- G. Mourglia-Ettlin, M. C. Amezcua-Vesely, R. Fraga, A. Baz, M. C. Merino, A. Gruppi, and S. Dematteis, “Echinococcus granulosus glycoconjugates induce peritoneal B cell differentiation into antibody-secreting cells and cytokine production,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 621–631, 2011.
- Vanessa O. Ezenwa, and Anna E. Jolles, “From Host Immunity to Pathogen Invasion: The Effects of Helminth Coinfectio n on the Dynamics of Microparasites,” Integrative And Comparative Biology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 540–551, 2011.
- Laura R. Sangare, Bradely R. Herrin, Grace John-Stewart, and Judd L. Walson, “Species-specific treatment effects of helminth/HIV-1 co-infection: a system atic review and meta-analysis,” Parasitology, vol. 138, no. 12, pp. 1546–1558, 2011.
- Alketa Hysni Bakiri, and Çerçiz Ervin Mingomataj, “Urticaria as symptom of parasite migration through the biological Barriers,” Open Allergy Journal, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- William Harnett, Helen S. Goodridge, Janet M. Allen, and Margaret Harnett, “Receptor usage by the Acanthocheilonema viteae-derived immunomodulator, ES-62,” Experimental Parasitology, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 97–102, 2012.
- Helen L. Gerns, Laura R. Sangare, and Judd L. Walson, “Integration of Deworming into HIV Care and Treatment: A Neglected Opportuni ty,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 6, no. 7, 2012.
- M. Rinaldi, and P. Geldhof, “Immunologically based control strategies for ostertagiosis in cattle: where do we stand?,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 254–264, 2012.
- S.M. Criscione, “May viral (antigen) load be the real crucial tool leading to anergy in a “micro-evolutionary” model of host/virus interaction?,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 774–778, 2012.
- N du Plessis, L Kleynhans, L Thiart, P D van Helden, F Brombacher, W G C Horsnell, and G Walzl, “Acute helminth infection enhances early macrophage mediated control of mycobacterial infection,” Mucosal Immunology, 2012.
- Narin Changklungmoa, Pornanan Kueakhai, Suda Riengrojpitak, Kulathida Chaithirayanon, Pannigan Chaichanasak, Narin Preyavichyapugdee, Pathanin Chantree, Veerawat Sansri, Tadashi Itagaki, and Prasert Sobhon, “Immunization with recombinant leucine aminopeptidase showed protection against Fasciola gigantica in mice,” Parasitology Research, 2013.
- K. V. Vukman, P. N. Adams, and S. M. O'Neill, “ Fasciola hepatica tegumental coat antigen suppresses MAPK signalling in dendritic cells and up-regulates the expression of SOCS3 ,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 35, no. 7-8, pp. 234–238, 2013.
- Krisztina V. Vukman, Paul N. Adams, David Dowling, Martin Metz, Marcus Maurer, and Sandra M. O’Neill, “The effects of Fasciola hepatica tegumental antigens on mast cell function,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 531–539, 2013.
- Jennifer E. Snyder-Cappione, and Barbara S. Nikolajczyk, “When diet and exercise are not enough, think immunomodulation,” Molecular Aspects of Medicine, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 30–38, 2013.