- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 431894, 6 pages
A Metabonomic Comparison of Urinary Changes in Zucker and GK Rats
1Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
2School of Pharmacy, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325035, China
3College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Received 29 June 2010; Accepted 14 September 2010
Academic Editor: Ronald Tjeerdema
Copyright © 2010 Liang-Cai Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Elaine Holmes, Jia V. Li, Thanos Athanasiou, Hutan Ashrafian, and Jeremy K. Nicholson, “Understanding the role of gut microbiome–host metabolic signal disruption in health and disease,” Trends in Microbiology, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 349–359, 2011.
- Anisha Wijeyesekera, Colin Selman, Richard H. Barton, Elaine Holmes, Jeremy K. Nicholson, and Dominic J. Withers, “Metabotyping of Long-Lived Mice using H-1 NMR Spectroscopy,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 2224–2235, 2012.
- D. P. K. Ng, A. Salim, Y. Liu, L. Zou, F. G. Xu, S. Huang, H. Leong, and C. N. Ong, “A metabolomic study of low estimated GFR in non-proteinuric type 2 diabetes mellitus,” Diabetologia, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 499–508, 2012.
- Nele Friedrich, Tobias Lohmann, Henri Wallaschofksi, Kathrin Budde, Tillmann Wolf, Arne Jungnickel, Anne Grotevendt, Miriam Dreßler, Henry Völzke, Matthias Blüher, and Matthias Nauck, “Short-term changes of the urine metabolome after bariatric surgery,” OMICS A Journal of Integrative Biology, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 612–620, 2012.
- Nele Friedrich, “Metabolomics in diabetes research,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 29–42, 2012.
- Heng Wei, Wilrike Pasman, Carina Rubingh, Suzan Wopereis, Marc Tienstra, Jan Schroen, Mei Wang, Elwin Verheij, and Jan van der Greef, “Urine metabolomics combined with the personalized diagnosis guided by Chinese medicine reveals subtypes of pre-diabetes,” Molecular Biosystems, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 1482–1491, 2012.
- Min-Tser Liao, Chih-Chien Sung, Kuo-Chin Hung, Chia-Chao Wu, Lan Lo, and Kuo-Cheng Lu, “Insulin Resistance in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Baogang Xie, Michael J. Waters, and Horst Joachim Schirra, “Investigating Potential Mechanisms of Obesity by Metabolomics,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Ai-hua Zhang, Hui Sun, Shi Qiu, and Xi-jun Wang, “NMR-based metabolomics coupled with pattern recognition methods in biomarker discovery and disease diagnosis,” Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 549–556, 2013.
- Xijun Wang, Shuxiang Zhang, Aihua Zhang, Guangli Yan, Xiuhong Wu, Ying Han, and Hui Sun, “Metabolomics study of type 2 diabetes and therapeutic effects of Tianqijiangtang-capsule using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/ electrospray ionization quadruple time-of-flight mass spectrometry,” Analytical Methods, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 2218–2226, 2013.
- Mimi Guan, Liyun Xie, Chengfeng Diao, Na Wang, Wenyi Hu, Yongquan Zheng, Litai Jin, Zhihan Yan, and Hongchang Gao, “Systemic Perturbations of Key Metabolites in Diabetic Rats During the Evolution of Diabetes Studied by Urine Metabonomics,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 4, 2013.
- L. Rato, M. G. Alves, T. R. Dias, G. Lopes, J. E. Cavaco, S. Socorro, and P. F. Oliveira, “High-energy diets may induce a pre-diabetic state altering testicular glycolytic metabolic profile and male reproductive parameters,” Andrology, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 495–504, 2013.
- Jingjing Xu, Changqin Liu, Shuhui Cai, Jiyang Dong, Xuejun Li, Jianghua Feng, and Zhong Chen, “Metabolomic Profilings of Urine and Serum from High Fat-Fed Rats via H-1 NMR Spectroscopy and Pattern Recognition,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 169, no. 4, pp. 1250–1261, 2013.
- Eun-Young Won, Mi-Kyung Yoon, Sang-Woo Kim, Youngae Jung, Hyun-Whee Bae, Daeyoup Lee, Sung Goo Park, Chul-Ho Lee, Geum-Sook Hwang, and Seung-Wook Chi, “Gender-Specific Metabolomic Profiling of Obesity in Leptin-Deficient ob/ob Mice by H-1 NMR Spectroscopy,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Prabhjit Kaur, Nasser Rizk, Sereen Ibrahim, Yue Luo, Noura Younes, Brian Perry, Kevin Dennis, Mahmoud Zirie, George Luta, and Amrita K. Cheema, “Quantitative metabolomic and lipidomic profiling reveals aberrant amino acid metabolism in type 2 diabetes,” Molecular Biosystems, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 307–317, 2013.
- Florian Seyfried, Elaine Holmes, Jia V. Li, Alexander D. Miras, Nina L. Cluny, Matthias Lannoo, Wiebke K. Fenske, Keith A Sharkey, Jeremy K. Nicholson, and Carel W. Le Roux, “Urinary phenotyping indicates weight loss-independent metabolic effects of roux-en-Y gastric bypass in mice,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1245–1253, 2013.
- Ai-hua Zhang, Shi Qiu, Hong-ying Xu, Hui Sun, and Xi-jun Wang, “Metabolomics in diabetes,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 429, pp. 106–110, 2014.
- Chengfeng Diao, Liangcai Zhao, Mimi Guan, Yongquan Zheng, Minjiang Chen, Yunjun Yang, Li Lin, Weijian Chen, and Hongchang Gao, “Systemic and characteristic metabolites in the serum of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats at different stages as revealed by a H-1-NMR based metabonomic approach,” Molecular Biosystems, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 686–693, 2014.