- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 476279, 19 pages
Pathogenesis of Insulin Resistance in Skeletal Muscle
Division of Diabetes, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Received 7 December 2009; Accepted 20 January 2010
Academic Editor: Guy M. Benian
Copyright © 2010 Muhammad A. Abdul-Ghani and Ralph A. DeFronzo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [72 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nicolas Wiernsperger, and JeanRobert Rapin, “Trace elements in glucometabolic disorders: an update,” Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, vol. 2, 2010.
- Cristoforo Silvestri, Alessia Ligresti, and Vincenzo Di Marzo, “Peripheral effects of the endocannabinoid system in energy homeostasis: Adi pose tissue, liver and skeletal muscle,” Reviews in Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 153–162, 2011.
- Valentin Barquissau, and Béatrice Morio, “Physiopathologie de l’insulinorésistance dans le muscle squelettique et implication des fonctions mitochondriales,” Nutrition Clinique et Métabolisme, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 114–130, 2011.
- Hai Dan Yuan, Hai Yan Quan, Mi-Song Jung, Su-Jung Kim, Bo Huang, Do-Yeon Kim, and Sung-Hyun Chung, “Anti-Diabetic Effect of Pectinase-Processed Ginseng Radix (GINST) in High Fat Diet-Fed ICR Mice,” Journal of Ginseng Research, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 308–314, 2011.
- Meritxell Rosell, Marius C. Jones, and Malcolm G. Parker, “Role of nuclear receptor corepressor RIP140 in metabolic syndrome,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta-Molecular Basis of Disease, vol. 1812, no. 8, pp. 919–928, 2011.
- S. Passey, N. Martin, D. Player, and M. P. Lewis, “Stretching skeletal muscle in vitro: does it replicate in vivo physiology?,” Biotechnology Letters, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1513–1521, 2011.
- J. L. Shadrach, and A. J. Wagers, “Stem cells for skeletal muscle repair,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol. 366, no. 1575, pp. 2297–2306, 2011.
- Brennan K. Smith, Swati S. Jain, Stéphanie Rimbaud, Aaron Dam, Joe Quadrilatero, Renée Ventura‑Clapier, Arend Bonen, and Graham P. Holloway, “FAT/CD36 is located on the outer mitochondrial membrane, upstream of long-chain acyl-CoA synthetase, and regulates palmitate oxidation,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 437, no. 1, pp. 125–134, 2011.
- Brigitte I. Frohnert, Alan R. Sinaiko, Federico J. Serrot, Rocio E. Foncea, Antoinette Moran, Sayeed Ikramuddin, Umar Choudry, and David A. Bernlohr, “Increased Adipose Protein Carbonylation in Human Obesity,” Obesity, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1735–1741, 2011.
- Gao Sun, and Guy A Rutter, “Targeting the AMP-regulated kinase family to treat diabetes: a research update,” Diabetes Management, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 333–347, 2011.
- Ana Gomez-Ruiz, Fermin I. Milagro, Javier Campion, J. Alfredo Martinez, and Carlos de Miguel, “High-fat diet feeding alters metabolic response to fasting/non fasting cond itions. Effect on caveolin expression and insulin signalling,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 10, 2011.
- Daniel A. Kane, Chien-Te Lin, Ethan J. Anderson, Hyo-Bum Kwak, Julie H. Cox, Patricia M. Brophy, Robert C. Hickner, P. Darrell Neufer, and Ronald N. Cortright, “Progesterone increases skeletal muscle mitochondrial H2O2 emission in nonme nopausal women,” American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 300, no. 3, pp. E528–E535, 2011.
- Edel Mullen, Elaine O'Reilly, and Kay Ohlendieck, “Skeletal muscle tissue from the Goto-Kakizaki rat model of type-2 diabetes exhibits increased levels of the small heat shock protein Hsp27,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 229–236, 2011.
- Kay Ohlendieck, “Skeletal muscle proteomics: current approaches, technical challenges and emerging techniques,” Skeletal Muscle, vol. 1, no. 1, 2011.
- Tatsuro Egawa, Satoshi Tsuda, Xiao Ma, Taku Hamada, and Tatsuya Hayashi, “Caffeine modulates phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 and impa irs insulin signal transduction in rat skeletal muscle,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 111, no. 6, pp. 1629–1636, 2011.
- Robyn A. Tamboli, Tahar Hajri, Aixiang Jiang, Pamela A. Marks-Shulman, D. Brandon Williams, Ronald H. Clements, Willie Melvin, Benjamin P. Bowen, Yu Shyr, Naji N. Abumrad, and Charles Robb Flynn, “Reduction in Inflammatory Gene Expression in Skeletal Muscle from Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Patients Randomized to Omentectomy,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 12, 2011.
- Dawn K. Coletta, and Lawrence J. Mandarino, “Mitochondrial dysfunction and insulin resistance from the outside in: extra cellular matrix, the cytoskeleton, and mitochondria,” American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 301, no. 5, pp. E749–E755, 2011.
- A. B. Fernandes, R. S. Patarrão, P. A. Videira, and M. P. Macedo, “Understanding Postprandial Glucose Clearance by Peripheral Organs: The Role of the Hepatic Parasympathetic System,” Journal of Neuroendocrinology, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1288–1295, 2011.
- Hanbing Li, Jing Nie, and Yunxue Pan, “Astragaloside IV improved insulin resistance in L6 myotubes induced by high glucose and insulin,” 2011 International Conference on Remote Sensing, Environment and Transportation Engineering, RSETE 2011 - Proceedings, pp. 7415–7418, 2011.
- Christina Schwanstecher, and Mathias Schwanstecher, “Targeting type 2 diabetes,” Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology, vol. 203, pp. 1–33, 2011.
- E. Heyman, F.-X. Gamelin, J. Aucouturier, and V. Di Marzo, “The role of the endocannabinoid system in skeletal muscle and metabolic adaptations to exercise: potential implications for the treatment of obesity,” Obesity Reviews, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 1110–1124, 2012.
- Cristoforo Silvestri, and Vincenzo Di Marzo, “Second generation CB1 receptor blockers and other inhibitors of peripheral endocannabinoid overactivity and the rationale of their use against metabolic disorders,” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1309–1322, 2012.
- Thangiah Geetha, Paul Langlais, Michael Caruso, and Zhengping Yi, “Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 12A and catalytic subunit δ, new members in the phosphatidylinositide 3 kinase insulin-signaling pathway,” Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 214, no. 3, pp. 437–443, 2012.
- Khalid M. Alkharfy, Nasser M. Al-Daghri, Mukhtar Ahmed, and Sobhy M. Yakout, “Effects of Vitamin D Treatment on Skeletal Muscle Histology and Ultrastruct ural Changes in a Rodent Model,” Molecules, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 9081–9089, 2012.
- Mary Beth Weber, Reena Oza-Frank, Lisa R. Staimez, Mohammed K. Ali, and K.M. Venkat Narayan, “Type 2 Diabetes in Asians: Prevalence, Risk Factors, and Effectiveness of Behavioral Intervention at Individual and Population Levels,” Annual Review of Nutrition, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 417–439, 2012.
- Alan R. Sinaiko, and Sonia Caprio, “Insulin Resistance,” The Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 2012.
- Aleksandra Lawniczak, and Zbigniew Kmiec, “Age-related changes of skeletal muscles: physiology, pathology and regenera tion,” Postepy Higieny I Medycyny Doswiadczalnej, vol. 66, pp. 392–400, 2012.
- J. Giebelstein, G. Poschmann, K. Hojlund, W. Schechinger, J. W. Dietrich, K. Levin, H. Beck-Nielsen, K. Podwojski, K. Stuehler, H. E. Meyer, and H. H. Klein, “The proteomic signature of insulin-resistant human skeletal muscle reveals increased glycolytic and decreased mitochondrial enzymes,” Diabetologia, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1114–1127, 2012.
- Tony Tiganis, “PTP1B and TCPTP - nonredundant phosphatases in insulin signaling and glucose homeostasis,” FEBS Journal, vol. 280, no. 2, pp. 445–458, 2012.
- Konrad Talbot, Hoau-Yan Wang, Hala Kazi, Li-Ying Han, Kalindi P. Bakshi, Andres Stucky, Robert L. Fuino, Krista R. Kawaguchi, Andrew J. Samoyedny, Robert S. Wilson, Zoe Arvanitakis, Julie A. Schneider, Bryan A. Wolf, David A. Bennett, John Q. Trojanowski, and Steven E. Arnold, “Demonstrated brain insulin resistance in Alzheimer’s disease patients is associated with IGF-1 resistance, IRS-1 dysregulation, and cognitive decline,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 1316–1338, 2012.
- Tamara R. Castaneda, William Abplanalp, Sung Hee Um, Paul T. Pfluger, Brigitte Schrott, Kimberly Brown, Erin Grant, Larissa Carnevalli, Stephen C. Benoit, Donald A. Morgan, Dean Gilham, David Y. Hui, Kamal Rahmouni, George Thomas, Sara C. Kozma, Deborah J. Clegg, and Matthias H. Tschoep, “Metabolic Control by S6 Kinases Depends on Dietary Lipids,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 3, 2012.
- Barbara A. Gower, Laura Lee Goree, Paula C. Chandler-Laney, Amy C. Ellis, Krista Casazza, and Wesley M. Granger, “A higher-carbohydrate, lower-fat diet reduces fasting glucose concentration and improves beta-cell function in individuals with impaired fasting gluco se,” Metabolism-Clinical and Experimental, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 358–365, 2012.
- Fumiko Nagatomo, Hidemi Fujino, Hiroyo Kondo, Isao Takeda, Kinsuke Tsuda, and Akihiko Ishihara, “High-fat diet-induced reduction of peroxisome proliferator–activated receptor-γ coactivator-1α messenger RNA levels and oxidative capacity in the soleus muscle of rats with metabolic syndrome,” Nutrition Research, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 144–151, 2012.
- Mariana Verdelho Machado, Duarte M. S. Ferreira, Rui E. Castro, Ana Rita Silvestre, Teresinha Evangelista, Joao Coutinho, Fatima Carepa, Adilia Costa, Cecilia M. P. Rodrigues, and Helena Cortez-Pinto, “Liver and Muscle in Morbid Obesity: The Interplay of Fatty Liver and Insuli n Resistance,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012.
- Yolanda Gomez-Perez, Gabriela Capllonch-Amer, Magdalena Gianotti, Isabel Llado, and Ana M. Proenza, “Long-term high-fat-diet feeding induces skeletal muscle mitochondrial bioge nesis in rats in a sex-dependent and muscle-type specific manner,” Nutrition & Metabolism, vol. 9, 2012.
- Fernando R. Santos, Maggie K. Diamond-Stanic, Mujalin Prasannarong, and Erik J. Henriksen, “Contribution of the serine kinase c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) to oxidant- induced insulin resistance in isolated rat skeletal muscle,” Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 231–236, 2012.
- Carmen E. Perrone, Dwight A.L. Mattocks, Jason D. Plummer, Sridar V. Chittur, Rob Mohney, Katie Vignola, David S. Orentreich, and Norman Orentreich, “Genomic and metabolic responses to methionine-restricted and methionine-restricted, cysteine-supplemented diets in fischer 344 rat inguinal adipose tissue, liver and quadriceps muscle,” Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 132–157, 2012.
- Li Kang, P. Darrell Neufer, David H. Wasserman, Mary E. Lustig, Jeffrey S. Bonner, Robert S. Lee-Young, Wesley H. Mayes, Freyja D. James, Chien-Te Lin, Christopher G.R. Perry, and Ethan J. Anderson, “Mitochondrial antioxidative capacity regulates muscle glucose uptake in the conscious mouse: Effect of exercise and diet,” Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 113, no. 8, pp. 1173–1183, 2012.
- Xuebao Zhang, and Kezhong Zhang, “Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Associated Lipid Droplet Formation and Type II Diabetes,” Biochemistry Research International, vol. 2012, pp. 1–5, 2012.
- Sandro M. Hirabara, Renata Gorjão, Marco A. Vinolo, Alice C. Rodrigues, Renato T. Nachbar, and Rui Curi, “Molecular Targets Related to Inflammation and Insulin Resistance and Potential Interventions,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Oriana del Rocío Cruz Guzmán, Ana Laura Chávez García, and Maricela Rodríguez-Cruz, “Muscular Dystrophies at Different Ages: Metabolic and Endocrine Alterations,” International Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Carol Góis Leandro, Marco Fidalgo, Adriano Bento-Santos, Filippe Falcão-Tebas, Diogo Vasconcelos, Raul Manhães-de-Castro, Angelo Rafael Carpinelli, Sandro Massao Hirabara, and Rui Curi, “Maternal Moderate Physical Training during Pregnancy Attenuates the Effects of a Low-Protein Diet on the Impaired Secretion of Insulin in Rats: Potential Role for Compensation of Insulin Resistance and Preventing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Kay Ohlendieck, “Pathobiochemical Changes in Diabetic Skeletal Muscle as Revealed by Mass-Spectrometry-Based Proteomics,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Carmen E. Perrone, Dwight A.L. Mattocks, Jason D. Plummer, Sridar V. Chittur, Rob Mohney, Katie Vignola, David S. Orentreich, and Norman Orentreich, “Genomic and Metabolic Responses to Methionine-Restricted and Methionine-Restricted, Cysteine-Supplemented Diets in Fischer 344 Rat Inguinal Adipose Tissue, Liver and Quadriceps Muscle,” Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 132–157, 2012.
- Akihiko Ishihara, Fumiko Nagatomo, Hidemi Fujino, Hiroyo Kondo, and Kinsuke Tsuda, “Lifestyle-related disease and skeletal muscle: A review,” The Journal of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 17–27, 2012.
- Sandra Henriquez, Natalia Jara, Daniel Bunout, Sandra Hirsch, Maria Pia de la Maza, and Laura Leiva, “Variability of formulas to assess insulin sensitivity and their association with the Matsuda index,” Nutricion Hospitalaria, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1594–1598, 2013.
- Erica J. Graham, and Frederick R. Adler, “Long-term models of oxidative stress and mitochondrial damage in insulin resistance progression,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2013.
- Hung-Wen Liu, Saleh Mahmood, Malathi Srinivasan, Dominic J. Smiraglia, and Mulchand S. Patel, “Developmental programming in skeletal muscle in response to overnourishment in the immediate postnatal life in rats,” The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2013.
- Cristian Campos, Alexis Diaz-Vegas, Jose E. Galgani, Nevenka Juretic, Cesar Osorio-Fuentealba, Jose L. Bucarey, Gladys Tapia, Rodrigo Valenzuela, Ariel Contreras-Ferrat, Paola Llanos, and Enrique Jaimovich, “Insulin-Dependent H2O2 Production Is Higher in Muscle Fibers of Mice Fed wi th a High-Fat Diet,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 15740–15754, 2013.
- A. Shalata, W. Jazmawi, O. Aslan, K. Badarni, K. Dabbah, S. Sawaed, O. Cohen Castel, Z. U. Borochowitz, K. Karkabi, and R. DeFronzo, “Early metabolic defects in Arab subjects with strong family history of Type 2 diabetes,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 417–421, 2013.
- Daniela Di Sarra, Flavia Tosi, Cecilia Bonin, Tom Fiers, Jean-Marc Kaufman, Chiara Signori, Francesca Zambotti, Marlene Dall'Alda, Beatrice Caruso, Maria Elisabetta Zanolin, and Enzo Bonora, “Metabolic Inflexibility Is a Feature of Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrom e and Is Associated With Both Insulin Resistance and Hyperandrogenism,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 98, no. 6, pp. 2581–2588, 2013.
- Lei Hou, Anna H. Kongsted, Seyed M. Ghoreishi, Tasnim K. Takhtsabzy, Martin Friedrichsen, Lars I. Hellgren, Haja N. Kadarmideen, Allan Vaag, and Mette O. Nielsen, “Pre- and Early-Postnatal Nutrition Modify Gene and Protein Expressions of Muscle Energy Metabolism Markers and Phospholipid Fatty Acid Composition in a Muscle Type Specific Manner in Sheep,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- Felix Nitschke, Matthias Heydenreich, Erich Kleinpeter, Martin Steup, Berge A. Minassian, Peixiang Wang, Peter Schmieder, Jean-Marie Girard, Donald E. Awrey, Tony Wang, Johan Israelian, Xiaochu Zhao, and Julie Turnbull, “Hyperphosphorylation of glucosyl c6 carbons and altered structure of glycogen in the neurodegenerative epilepsy lafora disease,” Cell Metabolism, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 756–767, 2013.
- Reichkendler, Mosbech, Sjödin, Kjaer, Ploug, Hoejgaard, Stallknecht, Auerbach, Rosenkilde, Christensen, Holm, Petersen, Lagerberg, Larsson, and Rostrup, “Exercise training favors increased insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in skeletal muscle in contrast to adipose tissue: A randomized study using FDG PET imaging,” American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 305, no. 4, pp. E496–E506, 2013.
- S.E. Mazibuko, C.J.F. Muller, E. Joubert, D. de Beer, R. Johnson, A.R. Opoku, and J. Louw, “Amelioration of palmitate-induced insulin resistance in C2C12 muscle cells by rooibos (Aspalathus linearis),” Phytomedicine, 2013.
- Cristoforo Silvestri, and Vincenzo Di Marzo, “The Endocannabinoid System in Energy Homeostasis and the Etiopathology of Metabolic Disorders,” Cell Metabolism, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 475–490, 2013.
- Xiangyu Guo, Hisae Yoshitomi, Ming Gao, Lingling Qin, Ying Duan, Wen Sun, Tunhai Xu, Peifeng Xie, Jingxin Zhou, Liansha Huang, and Tonghua Liu, “Guava leaf extracts promote glucose metabolism in SHRSP.Z-Leprfa/Izm rats b y improving insulin resistance in skeletal muscle,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, 2013.
- Santica M. Marcovina, Cesare Sirtori, Andrea Peracino, Mihai Gheorghiade, Peggy Borum, Giuseppe Remuzzi, and Hossein Ardehali, “Translating the basic knowledge of mitochondrial functions to metabolic therapy: role of L-carnitine,” Translational Research, vol. 161, no. 2, pp. 73–84, 2013.
- Joachim Nielsen, and Niels Ørtenblad, “Physiological aspects of the subcellular localization of glycogen in skeletal muscle,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 91–99, 2013.
- Yi Zhang, Xuefeng Liu, Lifeng Han, Xiumei Gao, and Erwei Liu, “Regulation of lipid and glucose homeostasis by mango tree leaf extract is m ediated by AMPK and PI3K/AKT signaling pathways,” Food Chemistry, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 2896–2905, 2013.
- Hyo-Bum Kwak, “Exercise and obesity-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle,” Integrative Medicine Research, 2013.
- Ellen de Graaf-Roelfsema, “Glucose homeostasis and the enteroinsular axis in the horse: A possible role in equine metabolic syndrome,” The Veterinary Journal, 2013.
- Michael P. Rogowski, Matthew T. Flowers, Alexis D. Stamatikos, and James M. Ntambi, “SCD1 activity in muscle increases triglyceride PUFA content, exercise capac ity, and PPAR delta expression in mice,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2636–2646, 2013.
- C.-W. Wu, K.K. Biggar, and K.B. Storey, “Biochemical adaptations of mammalian hibernation: Exploring squirrels as a perspective model for naturally induced reversible insulin resistance,” Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Hairui Yuan, Yanmei Niu, Xiaolei Liu, Fengying Yang, Wenyan Niu, and Li Fu, “Proteomic Analysis of Skeletal Muscle in Insulin-Resistant Mice: Response t o 6-Week Aerobic Exercise,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 1, 2013.
- Da Li, Ning Luo, Qiang Ma, Shu-Zhuang Li, Qiang Shi, Yu Cao, and Shi-Sheng Zhou, “Excessive nicotinic acid increases methyl consumption and hydrogen peroxide generation in rats,” Pharmaceutical Biology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2013.
- Wagner Silva Dantas, Bruno Gualano, Michele Patrocínio Rocha, Cristiano Roberto Grimaldi Barcellos, Viviane dos Reis Vieira Yance, and José Antonio Miguel Marcondes, “Metabolic Disturbance in PCOS: Clinical and Molecular Effects on Skeletal Muscle Tissue,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Juan R. Peinado, Alberto Diaz-Ruiz, Gema Frühbeck, and Maria M. Malagon, “Mitochondria in metabolic disease: Getting clues from proteomic studies,” Proteomics, vol. 14, no. 4-5, pp. 452–466, 2014.
- Hiroki Hayata, Hiroaki Miyazaki, Naomi Niisato, Noriko Yokoyama, and Yoshinori Marunaka, “Lowered extracellular pH is involved in the pathogenesis of skeletal muscle insulin resistance,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2014.
- Farah Alghamdi, Merry Guo, Samar Abdulkhalek, Nicola Crawford, Schammim Ray Amith, and Myron R. Szewczuk, “A novel insulin receptor-signaling platform and its link to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes,” Cellular Signalling, 2014.
- Konrad Talbot, and Hoau-Yan Wang, “The nature, significance, and glucagon-like peptide-1 analog treatment of brain insulin resistance in Alzheimer's disease,” Alzheimer's & Dementia, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. S12–S25, 2014.
- Konrad Talbot, “Brain insulin resistance in Alzheimer’s disease and its potential treatment with GLP-1 analogs,” Neurodegenerative Disease Management, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 31–40, 2014.