- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 485306, 9 pages
Testosterone Depletion by Castration May Protect Mice from Heat-Induced Multiple Organ Damage and Lethality
1The Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University School of Medicine, Tainan, Taiwan
2Department of Pharmacy, Chia-Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan, Taiwan
3Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
4Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Southern Taiwan University, Tainan, Taiwan
5Department of Biotechnology, Southern Taiwan University, Tainan, Taiwan
Received 1 December 2009; Accepted 3 February 2010
Academic Editor: Rene Anand
Copyright © 2010 Chian-Yuh Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Turker Topcu, and Francis Robicheaux, “Multiphoton population transfer in systems violating the classical twist condition: A comparative study of separatrix crossing in phase space,” Physical Review E, vol. 83, no. 4, 2011.
- Chian-Yuh Lin, Chuan-Chih Hsu, Mao-Tsun Lin, and Sheng-Hsien Chen, “Flutamide, an androgen receptor antagonist, improves heatstroke outcomes in mice,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 688, no. 1-3, pp. 62–67, 2012.
- A. Blake Buletko, Dean E. Dluzen, Janet L. McDermott, Altaf S. Darvesh, and Werner J. Geldenhuys, “Markers associated with testosterone enhancement of methamphetamine-induced striatal dopaminergic neurotoxicity,” Neurotoxicology and Teratology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 338–343, 2012.
- Damian G. Zuloaga, David L. Carbone, Alicia Quihuis, Ryoko Hiroi, David L. Chong, and Robert J. Handa, “Perinatal dexamethasone-induced alterations in apoptosis within the hippocampus and paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus are influenced by age and sex,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 1403–1412, 2012.
- Leah Z. FitzGerald, Wendie A. Robbins, James S. Kesner, and Lin Xun, “Reproductive hormones and interleukin-6 in serious leisure male athletes,” European Journal of Applied Physiology, vol. 112, no. 11, pp. 3765–3773, 2012.
- Benjamin Ladeuix, Claude Duchamp, and Olivier Levillain, “Underestimated contribution of skeletal muscle in ornithine metabolism during mouse postnatal development,” Amino Acids, 2013.
- Sheng-Hsien Chen, Mao-Tsun Lin, and Ching-Ping Chang, “Ischemic and oxidative damage to the hypothalamus may be responsible for heat stroke,” Current Neuropharmacology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 129–140, 2013.
- Chuan-Chih Hsu, Sheng-Hsien Chen, Cheng-Hsien Lin, and Ming-Chi Yung, “Human recombinant factor VIIa may improve heat intolerance in mice by attenuating hypothalamic neuronal apoptosis and damage,” Apoptosis, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 1484–1496, 2014.
- Nicole Carrier, Xuezhen Wang, Linshan Sun, and Xin-Yun Lu, “Sex-Specific and Estrous Cycle-Dependent Antidepressant-Like Effects and Hippocampal Akt Signaling of Leptin,” Endocrinology, vol. 156, no. 10, pp. 3695–3705, 2015.