- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 513853, 7 pages
Decrease of Klotho in the Kidney of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats
1Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
3Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
4Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan City 70101, Taiwan
5Department of Medical Research, Chi-Mei Medical Center, Yong Kang City 73101, Taiwan
Received 24 February 2010; Accepted 22 April 2010
Academic Editor: Nathan Ames Ellis
Copyright © 2010 Meng-Fu Cheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sistiana Aiello, and Marina Noris, “Klotho in acute kidney injury: biomarker, therapy, or a bit of both?,” Kidney International, vol. 78, no. 12, pp. 1208–1210, 2010.
- Yanhua Zhao, Srijita Banerjee, Nilay Dey, Wanda S. LeJeune, Partha S. Sarkar, Reynolds Brobey, Kevin P. Rosenblatt, Ronald G. Tilton, and Sanjeev Choudhary, “Klotho Depletion Contributes to Increased Inflammation in Kidney of the db/ db Mouse Model of Diabetes via RelA (Serine)(536) Phosphorylation,” Diabetes, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 1907–1916, 2011.
- Rong Tang, Qiaoling Zhou, Zhichun Liu, Zhou Xiao, and Veeraragoo Pouranan, “Effects of fosinopril and losartan on renal Klotho expression and oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive rats,” Journal of Central South University (Medical Sciences), vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 27–33, 2011.
- Rong Tang, Qiao-ling Zhou, Xiang Ao, Wei-sheng Peng, Pouranan Veeraragoo, and Tian-feng Tang, “Fosinopril and Losartan Regulate Klotho Gene and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinuc leotide Phosphate Oxidase Expression in Kidneys of Spontaneously Hypertensi ve Rats,” Kidney & Blood Pressure Research, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 350–357, 2011.
- Sridevi Devaraj, Basir Syed, Alexander Chien, and Ishwarlal Jialal, “Validation of an Immunoassay for Soluble Klotho Protein Decreased Levels in Diabetes and Increased Levels in Chronic Kidney Disease,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 479–485, 2012.
- M. C. Izquierdo, M. V. Perez-Gomez, M. D. Sanchez-Nino, A. B. Sanz, O. Ruiz-Andres, J. Poveda, J. A. Moreno, J. Egido, and A. Ortiz, “Klotho, phosphate and inflammation/ageing in chronic kidney disease,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 27, no. suppl4, pp. iv6–iv10, 2012.
- Ina Maria Kacso, Cosmina Ioana Bondor, and Gabriel Kacso, “Soluble serum Klotho in diabetic nephropathy: Relationship to VEGF-A,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 45, no. 16-17, pp. 1415–1420, 2012.
- Iulia-Daniela Vladu, Daniela Cana, Cristina Vaduva, Corina Grauntanu, Sorin Zaharie, Raluca Dina, Ciprian Dina, Roxana Mustafa, and Eugen Mota, “Chronic Kidney Disease-Mineral Bone Disorder in Diabetes Mellitus Patients,” Romanian Journal of Diabetes Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases, vol. 19, no. 1, 2012.
- S.M. Nourazarian, G. Irajian, M. Najafi, M. Nourbakhsh, J. Maleki, and M. Shabani, “The effect of Lactobacillus reuteri on bone morphogenetic protein-7 and beta transforming growth factor gene expressions in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat's kidneys,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 374–379, 2012.
- Gang Jee Ko, Eun Ah Lee, Un Sil Jeon, Heui Jung Pyo, Ho Jun Chin, Dong Wan Chae, Suhnggwon Kim, and Young Joo Kwon, “The association of Klotho polymorphism with disease progression and mortality in IgA nephropathy,” Kidney and Blood Pressure Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 191–199, 2012.
- Ming Chang Hu, Makoto Kuro-O, and Orson W. Moe, “Secreted Klotho and chronic kidney disease,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 728, pp. 126–157, 2012.
- Naoaki Sakata, Gumpei Yoshimatsu, Haruyuki Tsuchiya, Shinichi Egawa, and Michiaki Unno, “Animal Models of Diabetes Mellitus for Islet Transplantation,” Experimental Diabetes Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Min-Tser Liao, Chih-Chien Sung, Kuo-Chin Hung, Chia-Chao Wu, Lan Lo, and Kuo-Cheng Lu, “Insulin Resistance in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–12, 2012.
- Ming Chang Hu, Makoto Kuro-o, and Orson W. Moe, “Renal and Extrarenal Actions of Klotho,” Seminars in Nephrology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 118–129, 2013.
- Amit Agrawal, B.V. Subrahmanyan, and G. Malleswara Rao, “Blast injury causing extensive brain injury and elevated skull fracture,” The Indian Journal of Neurotrauma, 2013.
- Martina Feger, Abul Fajol, Aleksandra Lebedeva, Adrian Meissner, Diana Michael, Jakob Voelkl, Ioana Alesutan, Erwin Schleicher, Christoph Reichetzeder, Berthold Hocher, and Syed M. Qadri, “Effect of Carbon Monoxide Donor CORM-2 on Vitamin D-3 Metabolism,” Kidney & Blood Pressure Research, vol. 37, no. 4-5, pp. 496–505, 2013.
- M. -F. Cheng, L. -J. Chen, M. -C. Wang, and C. -T. Hsu, “Decrease of FGF Receptor (FGFR) and Interstitial Fibrosis in the Kidney of Streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats,” Hormone and Metabolic Research, vol. 46, no. 01, pp. 1–7, 2014.