- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 596432, 13 pages
Strategies for Cancer Vaccine Development
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Received 13 January 2010; Accepted 17 May 2010
Academic Editor: Zhengguo Xiao
Copyright © 2010 Matteo Vergati et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [36 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gerold Schuler, “Dendritic Cells,” The Cancer Journal, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 337–342, 2011.
- Claudia Palena, Romaine I. Fernando, Mary T. Litzinger, Duane H. Hamilton, Bruce Huang, and Jeffrey Schlom, “Strategies to target molecules that control the acquisition of a mesenchyma l-like phenotype by carcinoma cells,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 236, no. 5, pp. 537–545, 2011.
- Kenichiro Hasumi, Yukimasa Aoki, Ryuko Watanabe, Kim G. Hankey, and Dean L. Mann, “Therapeutic Response in Patients with Advanced Malignancies Treated with Combined Dendritic Cell–Activated T Cell Based Immunotherapy and Intensity–Modulated Radiotherapy,” Cancers, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 2223–2242, 2011.
- Elias J. Dayoub, and Matthew M. Davis, “Relationship of therapeutic cancer vaccine development to population diseas e burden and five-year survival,” Human Vaccines, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 1124–1129, 2011.
- Elias J. Dayoub, and Matthew M. Davis, “Relationship of therapeutic cancer vaccine development to population disease burden and five-year survival,” Human Vaccines, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 1124–1129, 2011.
- G. J. Mizejewski, and R. Bei, “Alpha Fetoprotein is More than a Hepatocellular Cancer Biomarker: From Spon taneous Immune Response in Cancer Patients to the Development of an AFP-Bas ed Cancer Vaccine,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 564–581, 2011.
- Eric von Hofe, “A New Ally against Cancer,” Scientific American, vol. 305, no. 4, pp. 66–71, 2011.
- Azam Bolhassani, Shima Safaiyan, and Sima Rafati, “Improvement of different vaccine delivery systems for cancer therapy,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 10, 2011.
- Mladen Korbelik, “Cancer vaccines generated by photodynamic therapy,” Photochemical & Photobiological Sciences, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 664, 2011.
- Matteo Vergati, Jeffrey Schlom, and Kwong Y. Tsang, “The Consequence of Immune Suppressive Cells in the Use of Therapeutic Cancer Vaccines and Their Importance in Immune Monitoring,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- Andrea Modesti, Valerio Izzi, Roberto Bei, Monica Benvenuto, Massimo Fantini, Pamela Sacchetti, Laura Masuelli, and Mario Turriziani, “Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA)-Based Cancer Vaccines: Recent Patents and An titumor Effects from Experimental Models to Clinical Trials,” Recent Patents On Anti-Cancer Drug Discovery, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 265–296, 2012.
- Neeraj Agarwal, Sumanth Padmanabh, and Nicholas J. Vogelzang, “Development of Novel Immune Interventions for Prostate Cancer,” Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 84–92, 2012.
- Paolo Mazzola, Saba Radhi, Leonardo Mirandola, Giorgio Annoni, Marjorie Jenkins, and Everardo Cobos, “Aging, cancer, and cancer vaccines,” Immunity & Ageing, vol. 9, 2012.
- Jean L. Scholz, and Michael P. Cancro, “Resolve, revise, and relax: The 3 Rs of B cell repertoire adjustment,” Immunology Letters, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 2–8, 2012.
- Steven Joniau, Per-Anders Abrahamsson, Joaquim Bellmunt, Carl Figdor, Freddie Hamdy, Paul Verhagen, Nicholas J. Vogelzang, Manfred Wirth, Hendrik Van Poppel, and Susanne Osanto, “Current Vaccination Strategies for Prostate Cancer,” European Urology, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 290–306, 2012.
- Monica Bequet-Romero, Yanelys Morera, Marta Ayala-Avila, Julio Ancizar, Yordanka Soria, Aracelys Blanco, Jesus Suarez-Alba, and Jorge V. Gavilondo, “CIGB-247: A VEGF-based therapeutic vaccine that reduces experimental and sp ontaneous lung metastasis of C57Bl/6 and BALB/c mouse tumors,” Vaccine, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1790–1799, 2012.
- Victoria Ifeadi, and Charlie Garnett-Benson, “Sub-Lethal Irradiation of Human Colorectal Tumor Cells Imparts Enhanced and Sustained Susceptibility to Multiple Death Receptor Signaling Pathways,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012.
- Juan Martin Caballero, Ana Garzon, Leticia Gonzalez-Cintado, Wioleta Kowalczyk, Ignacio Jimenez Torres, Gloria Calderita, Margarita Rodriguez, Virginia Gondar, Juan Jose Bernal, Carlos Ardavin, David Andreu, Thomas Zuercher, and Cayetano von Kobbe, “Chimeric Infectious Bursal Disease Virus-Like Particles as Potent Vaccines for Eradication of Established HPV-16 E7-Dependent Tumors,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 12, 2012.
- Nuray Gül, Simran Grewal, Marijn Bögels, Gerben J. van der Bij, Malika M.A. Koppes, Steven J. Oosterling, Donna M. Fluitsma, Kees A. Hoeben, Robert H. J. Beelen, and Marjolein van Egmond, “Macrophages mediate colon carcinoma cell adhesion in the rat liver after exposure to lipopolysaccharide,” OncoImmunology, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 1517–1526, 2012.
- Shinji Shimato, Lisa M. Maier, Richard Maier, Jeffrey N. Bruce, Richard C. E. Anderson, and David E. Anderson, “Profound tumor-specific Th2 bias in patients with malignant glioma,” Bmc Cancer, vol. 12, 2012.
- Jianfei Qian, Yuhuan Zheng, Chengyun Zheng, Lijuan Wang, Hong Qin, Sungyoul Hong, Haiyan Li, Yong Lu, Jin He, Jing Yang, Sattva Neelapu, Larry W. Kwak, Jian Hou, and Qing Yi, “Active vaccination with Dickkopf-1 induces protective and therapeutic antit umor immunity in murine multiple myeloma,” Blood, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 161–169, 2012.
- Ursula J. E. Seidel, Claudia C. Oliveira, Margit H. Lampen, and Thorbald van Hall, “A novel category of antigens enabling CTL immunity to tumor escape variants : Cinderella antigens,” Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 119–125, 2012.
- Tomer Granot, Yoshihide Yamanashi, and Daniel Meruelo, “Sindbis Viral Vectors Transiently Deliver Tumor-associated Antigens to Lymph Nodes and Elicit Diversified Antitumor CD8+ T-cell Immunity,” Molecular Therapy, 2013.
- Maria-Cristina S Pranchevicius, and Thiessa R Vieira, “Production of recombinant immunotherapeutics for anticancer treatment: The role of bioengineering,” Bioengineered, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 13–12, 2013.
- Nishith Singh, Ravi Madan, and James L Gulley, “Novel immunotherapeutic agents for castration-resistant prostate cancer: update from clinical trials,” Clinical Investigation, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 651–663, 2013.
- Chizuru Ogi, and Atsushi Aruga, “Clinical evaluation of therapeutic cancer vaccines,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1049–1057, 2013.
- Agnieszka Michael, Kate Relph, Nicola Annels, and Hardev Pandha, “Prostate cancer vaccines,” Expert Review of Vaccines, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 253–262, 2013.
- Pietro Bertino, Maddalena Panigada, Elisa Soprana, Valentina Bianchi, Sabrina Bertilaccio, Francesca Sanvito, Aaron H. Rose, Haining Yang, Giovanni Gaudino, Peter R. Hoffmann, Antonio Siccardi, and Michele Carbone, “Fowlpox-based survivin vaccination for malignant mesothelioma therapy,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 612–623, 2013.
- Daniela Fenoglio, Paolo Traverso, Alessia Parodi, Francesca Kalli, Maurizio Zanetti, and Gilberto Filaci, “Generation of more effective cancer vaccines,” Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 9, no. 12, 2013.
- Neil Gildener-Leapman, Robert L. Ferris, and Julie E. Bauman, “Promising systemic immunotherapies in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma,” Oral Oncology, 2013.
- Ursula Wiedermann, Adam B. Davis, and Christoph C. Zielinski, “Vaccination for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer with special focus on Her-2/neu peptide vaccines,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Iole Macchia, Francesca Urbani, and Enrico Proietti, “Immune Monitoring in Cancer Vaccine Clinical Trials: Critical Issues of Functional Flow Cytometry-Based Assays,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Jesal C. Patel, Benjamin L. Maughan, Archana M. Agarwal, Julia A. Batten, Tian Y. Zhang, and Neeraj Agarwal, “Emerging Molecularly Targeted Therapies in Castration Refractory Prostate Cancer,” Prostate Cancer, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Francesca Kalli, Rodolfo Machiorlatti, Florinda Battaglia, Alessia Parodi, Giuseppina Conteduca, Francesca Ferrera, Michele Proietti, Samuele Tardito, Marina Sanguineti, Enrico Millo, Daniela Fenoglio, Raffaele De Palma, Giorgio Inghirami, and Gilberto Filaci, “Comparative analysis of cancer vaccine settings for the selection of an effective protocol in mice,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 120, 2013.
- Claudia Gravekamp, and Arthee Jahangir, “Is cancer vaccination feasible at older age?,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.
- Navid Nezafat, Younes Ghasemi, Mohammad Reza Rahbar, Gholamreza Javadi, Mohammad Javad Khoshnoud, and Eskandar Omidinia, “A novel multi-epitope peptide vaccine against cancer: an in silico approach,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2014.